Superman is adopted

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by co2, Apr 29, 2006.

1. co2 Registered

I have always thought highly of those that decided to take on the responsibility of nurturing and raising a child that was not originally their own. I was thinking about this. I think this character must be a great condolence to children that are adopted themselves. The whole story of a family that can't give him the safe life they wish, and they send him away where he is taken in by a family that cherishes him and raises him properly to become a great hero, must provide some sort of solace to the adopted. The first Superman film really plays this up, and I have a feeling that Returns, with him looking into his origin, will be heavy on this theme.

I was wondering if there are any on these boards that are adopted and have feelings on this topic.

2. Zorex I'm 100% 50/50

It's a fact that Bryan Singer is adopted, which I think supports the possibility that we'll see that thematic element delved into in SR, the same way his [Singer's] being gay gave him some necessary insight for the X-Men films.

3. Trooper Registered

:up:
    #

Agreed!