World Superman Lives-Cancelled 1998 Movie

First of all, IIIII as in MEEEEE started a topic on SL a while back..

and here are my opinions: for one: This scripted, i personally would've enjoyed to see on the big screen...the doomsday fight described would've been one to remember..and also i would've loved the costume designs...since there were 3 of 'em he wore...and cage could've bulked up...just look at topher grace...was skinny as hell now pretty beefy....also, i can recall being a youngin seeing batman forever or robin i forget ...but i saw this poster and i instantly blew a gasgit in my lower abdomen...erm...under there somewhere...newayz i remembered the silver s and it was sooo sweet...this movie would've made moooo money but it needed a few changes in the script...it wasnt kevin smith's fault...he was the genius...it was that other nitwit who wanted a giant spider and a gay man-slave to brainiac...go figure...oh well maybe SR 2 will have some SL-inspired things...

...this link for the S:L script is sweet...just great...

does anyone know or has any link for the complete S:Returns script ??

theBat-Man said:
Every Superman film does not have to be light and campy like the Donner films with Clark Kent bubbling like Jerry Lewis, the Luthor and Otis Abbott and Costello routines. I love the Fleischer's Superman animation from 1941-1944 and the first 26 episodes of the Adventures of Superman TV show from 1951 with the dark, shadowy Film Noir atmosphere.
Burton's Superman Lives would have been Mars Attacks/Planet of the Apes style sci-fi. Not Batman/Edward Scissorhands style gothic. Superman Lives is closer to Superman and the Mole Men weird sci-fi (my favourite Superman movie), then the Donner/Christopher Reeve movies.
supsatmm-1s.jpg

Dude, don't kid yourself. You thnk Burton was planning on bringing back the old timey dark film noir Superman? Nope. For proof, just look at some of the uber bizarre concept drawings of Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"