Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

This woman did work on the show, so she has some merit. I myself have never been fired from a job, but I guess if I had been I would seek some vengeance. But this is Hollywood so she would probably want to be careful as to not burn bridges, as she would want to write for many projects in the future, and therefore not want to risk her future career, which makes me think she may be telling the truth. What she says is important and may be true, and if so, it is not a good sign for the future.

I read what she wrote, and think she may be correct, sadly so, we shall see.

I read a screenrant article and if it is what she described in that, I personally take this less seriously than before. While what she said may be the case, that they don't care to look for background people of color and that's the issue, I think that's less important than I thought it was. I assumed the issue was about people of color getting real roles and not being background fodder. From what I read, it seems like it was the opposite? If that's what some want, they can want that, but I don't think someone has to do that. The show's main cast, as far as I've read, not just with the villain, seems to have more than a couple of people of color in it. We'll see how it all goes, of course, LORD God willing, and what the background characters are.

I also saw that there was a push for diverse Kents, but come on. yYeah, in theory, they're his adopted parents, but they also have to pass for his bio parents in many versions. They can't just say they adopted a kid. I think there's paperwork and records and legal stuff, in this day and age.

Smallville got through this by having it be revealed that Lionel Luthor faked adoption papers for the Kents. I don't see this show doing something like that.

Last edited:
So "Titans" has already released official photos for Red Hood's and Starfire's costumes.

Meanwhile, all we have is just controversy surrounding a lack of diversity on this shows cast.

Fun times.

Pagey’s words on the writer, think he’s spot on

B2D7BC29-8E03-43AB-9A79-E100094928BF.jpeg

As for the suit, it’ll drop soon enough I’m sure.

Last edited:
I read the Geekiary article with Tucker.

If that's the article Pagey was referring to, I really don't see how it demonstrates that she was wrong for the show.

Maybe Pagey is referring to another article , but the Geekiary didn't present any evidence that she was someone wrong for the series to me.

Maybe someone can direct me to which blog he's talking about.

How does her saying that she wanted to ensure there was adequate diversity and not lame MeToo jokes=Not right for the show?

That's what I'm trying to figure out myself.

I mean, if she was saying that Superman needed to fight the Green Goblin , Save his Aunt May, and protect the citizens of Coast city with his Love interest Jean Grey, then yeah, I'd say that she may not be right for the gig.

But I don't see why her claiming that she wants to ensure diversity implies that she's wrong for the job.

How does her saying that she wanted to ensure there was adequate diversity and not lame MeToo jokes=Not right for the show?
That's what I'm trying to figure out myself.

I mean, if she was saying that Superman needed to fight the Green Goblin , Save his Aunt May, and protect the citizens of Coast city with his Love interest Jean Grey, then yeah, I'd say that she may not be right for the gig.

But I don't see why her claiming that she wants to ensure diversity implies that she's wrong for the job.
I think it's not impossible that that may was not be why she was fired, and not something else, like maybe them not being happy with her writing in some areas or maybe issues with how she approached her issues and such.

Even if that is the reasons though, I think a showrunner can choose to not want to be beholden to something a writer is pushing for.

I think it's not impossible that that may was not be why she was fired, and not something else, like maybe them not being happy with her writing in some areas or maybe issues with how she approached her issues and such.

Even if that is the reasons though, I think a showrunner can choose to not want to be beholden to something a writer is pushing for.

This is to those who said "after reading it, sounds like she was let go for not being a good fit " but even if a showrunner isnt beholden to those critiques it says more about them then anything. Possible sexist, racist views is never a good look.

Being inclusive and not misogynist should be a default by now.

As is, maybe, but what I was responding to, was the blog that Pagey had pointed to as evidence that she wasn't the right fit for the show.

If Pagey, was using her views on diversity as a disqualifier, then , no, that's not a strong enough basis to claim someone isn't right for a show, regardless of whether or not a showrunner feels beholden to a writer.

If its something outside of that, then Pagey needs to point that and "show us the money" so to speak.

Otherwise, the blog itself didn't demonstrate to me some smoking gun evidence as to why she was wrong for the show.

If the issue is her belief on diversity, that's a very shaky ground to stand on, and becomes a very problematic rationale to defend.

The titles for the first five episodes have been released.

• Episode 1: "Pilot"
  • Episode 2: "Heritage"
  • Episode 3: "The perks of not being a wallflower"
  • Episode 4: "Haywire"
  • Episode 5: "Beacon"

Just based on the titles, I'll go ahead and predict episode 3 will be largely focused on the teen drama and therefore be my least-favorite of the bunch, lol.

Just based on the titles, I'll go ahead and predict episode 3 will be largely focused on the teen drama and therefore be my least-favorite of the bunch, lol.
This is basically why I'm extremely disappointed with them deciding to swap Clark and Lois having one baby for having two teenage sons, the inevitable badly written teen drama that follows is almost certainly going to be the worst part of the show.

Based on the pilot script, I’m almost certainly going to hate Jordan (pretty sure that’s the other kid’s name).

Ill be surprised if they dont do the age old "popular jock brother, nerdy younger brother" nerdy younger brother ends up being really powerful.

Ill be surprised if they dont do the age old "popular jock brother, nerdy younger brother" nerdy younger brother ends up being really powerful.

I'm willing to bet the entire farm that there'll also be a love triangle involving the two siblings and Lana's daughter.

This will likely result in a redux version of the love triangle between John Diggle's two sons and Mia Queen.

This is basically why I'm extremely disappointed with them deciding to swap Clark and Lois having one baby for having two teenage sons, the inevitable badly written teen drama that follows is almost certainly going to be the worst part of the show.

Agreed.

Frankly, I wish that they could have stayed with just one (much younger) son.

I'm willing to bet the entire farm that there'll also be a love triangle involving the two siblings and Lana's daughter.

This will likely result in a redux version of the love triangle between John Diggle's two sons and Mia Queen.

Well, given that love triangles on the CW verse shows have tended to be trainwrecks whether its teen or adult characters, another one on Superman doesn't sound too promising.

That's not to say I don't like a good love triangle in fiction.

I really do actually, but whether its Smallville, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, or Batwoman, the writers tend to annoy the audience more than engage them with their attempts at triangles.

Thankfully, Stargirl and Black Lightening have stayed mostly away from them.

I just hope that the scenes/arcs involving Superman and Lois's sons don't feel like obvious fillers/bathroom breaks.

It'd be nice if the writers could figure out a way to naturally incorporate them into the main arc.

It’s played on in the pilot script a little but not like a full on thing. I actually think given the way that script goes that there actually might not be in the long run. But you’ll see what I mean when you see the Pilot, if it’s stayed the same was as the draft I read anyway.

This is to those who said "after reading it, sounds like she was let go for not being a good fit " but even if a showrunner isnt beholden to those critiques it says more about them then anything. Possible sexist, racist views is never a good look.

Being inclusive and not misogynist should be a default by now.
I think not necessarily feeling beholden to a writers wants in some things is a far cry from being sexist and/or racist and/or not inclusive. The listed main cast as far as wikipedia says, I think in and of itself shows a more diverse cast. The characters that are white there are basically apart of the same family, of people who were already cast before the show and I think makes sense for them to be white.
If Pagey, was using her views on diversity as a disqualifier, then , no, that's not a strong enough basis to claim someone isn't right for a show, regardless of whether or not a showrunner feels beholden to a writer.
I think it's not impossible that it could be how she pushed for it, not necessarily that she suggested it or wanted it.

I think not necessarily feeling beholden to a writers wants in some things is a far cry from being sexist and/or racist and/or not inclusive. The listed main cast as far as wikipedia says, I think in and of itself shows a more diverse cast. The characters that are white there are basically apart of the same family, of people who were already cast before the show and I think makes sense for them to be white.I think it's not impossible that it could be how she pushed for it, not necessarily that she suggested it or wanted it.

IF you fire them because they are trying to create more diversity/less sexist and you dont agree, that's an issue.

IF you fire them because they are trying to create more diversity/less sexist and you dont agree, that's an issue.

That’s her side of the story though, she’s a disgruntled writer who was fired. I’m not saying she isn’t telling the truth or partial truth but it’s possible she’s exaggerating, especially given her circumstance and there’s two sides to every story.

I personally think people need to stop getting outraged about this sort of stuff when we don’t know all the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"