Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

'Superman & Lois' reveals first look at Tyler Hoechlin's new suit

Eoz585mWMAcnUYp

Awesome!!!!

Its photoshopped to bad place and back.

But I love it! So happy those ugly cape clasps are gone

It’s okay. The shield is definitely worse. The material still looks kinda cheap. The belt is worse and looks just as pointless as the last one. The boots look like they might be better, though. The cape attachment is fine, but I never had a problem with the old clasps.

Overall? I’m whelmed. Hopefully they’ll give me something great in season two. :o

EDIT: Took me a second to realize what I really don’t like about it: the neckline. Way too SR.

Its photoshopped to bad place and back.

But I love it! So happy those ugly cape clasps are gone

Yeah it definitely is photoshopped to bad place, the S is bigger on the set pics and it looks like the neckline may be different in reality too

Did they really need the texture on the shield too? Feels a little overboard, but we'll see how it looks in action.

Now hopefully someone will get a shot of it in action today in Vancouver.

Simple and to the point. About as good as you’re gonna get with a TV budget. Although something like what Routh had as KC Superman would’ve been amazing too

Yup, vastly superior to the previous suit.

After seeing Brandon Routh's Kingdom Come suit in Crisis, they had to upgrade Tyler's suit. No way he'd wear the old suit in the upcoming series.

upload_2020-12-9_13-32-2.gif

I’m SO relieved they maintained the traditional \S/. Those leaked new ones from set that they were using on scripts or doors (can’t remember which) had me really worried about that. Overall, it looks like a great adaptation of the Rebirth suit, imo.

Cant wait to see it action and not so overly photoshopped as the CW just can’t seem to help themselves from doing in these promo pics, lol.

I like the overall texture, seam work, color, and material of the blue suit, though I wish it fitted differently at the wrist. Would've kept the same shield from the previous suit. The belt is ok, but the Superman Returns like collar is a major downgrade for me; it makes the cape attachment look funky. Can't see what the boots look like so I can't judge. Overall not bad.

If you look at the leaked set pics the \S/ is larger than it appears on the official pic and the neckline is a little different too. I wonder why they felt the need to edit it in photoshop.

I'm really liking the new suit design! Definitely an upgrade over the prior design, which always came across as "cheap cosplay" to me especially with the cape straps.

I'll have to see the new suit in action, but based on first impressions, I'd say it might just be one of my favorite looking Superman suit designs.

It's modern, sleek, and streamlined, but instantly recognizable as Superman.

I think it would have looked better with a bigger S !Sans-titre-2.jpg

I think I’d be more ok with the neckline if the \S/ were bigger, I really don’t understand these designers who keep making the \S/ so small, it’s meant to be large, the symbol of hope! Anyway, I really like the new belt and everything else is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"