Superman OYL - SPOILERS

GNR, this is the dialogue from the last page of #656. I think it presents my point.

Arion: "You. Superman. Alien. You are an idiot, sir. Do you not realize what you are bringing about with this senseless brawling? You must cease immediately."

Superman: "What? Who are you? And what have you done with Subjekt-17?"

Arion: "You focus on trivialities as I might have expected. The lumox is elsewhere--and is no longer your concern. I am Arion of Atlantis. We must speak, sir, and you must obey me.

I only pray I am not too late. Or this world, and all who live upon it, are dommed to a living hell--BY YOUR IGNORANT HAND!"

Darthphere said:
I like the grim future though, with Lex and Parasite being good guys and SUpes being a villain. It looks interesting as hell. Honestly, art wise, best work ive seen from Pacheco.

The page with
Supes coming out of the volcano
was fantabulous.

pacheo > kubert
busiek > donner/johns

there, i said it...

sethcohen said:
pacheo > kubert
busiek > donner/johns

there, i said it...
I'm shocked you think that. What other surprises are you going to spring on us? Lenin was a communist? The Beatles did drugs?

something that didnt suck like that last ish of action comics

All-Star Superman said:
What happened last issue?

I dont know how to explain it but here we go. Arion from Atlantis is talking to SUperman, Lois, Jimmy and for some reaosn Perry White on the Daily Planet roof, after taking away Subjekt-17 and calling Superman an idiot last issue. He shows them a grim future Metropolis in which Lois (with her journals) and Jimmy are looking for supplies when they get attacked by some robotic ninjas (not as stupid as it sounds), lex Luthor and the parasite show up and save the day. Head back to a secret lair of Lex Luthor where a girl dressed as a GL and being called Jordan and who i think is leslie Thompkins. Simply put, all this is a result of a fight Superman has with teh villain Khyber, badass looking mofo, and fater getting his ass handed to him by Khyber, Supes falls to earth all radiated and **** by some weird science stuff and knocks the world pretty much out, volcanoes erupting, tidal waves, gravity shifting, time stopping madness.

Darthphere said:
GNR, this is the dialogue from the last page of #656. I think it presents my point.

Arion: "You. Superman. Alien. You are an idiot, sir. Do you not realize what you are bringing about with this senseless brawling? You must cease immediately."

Superman: "What? Who are you? And what have you done with Subjekt-17?"

Arion: "You focus on trivialities as I might have expected. The lumox is elsewhere--and is no longer your concern. I am Arion of Atlantis. We must speak, sir, and you must obey me.

I only pray I am not too late. Or this world, and all who live upon it, are dommed to a living hell--BY YOUR IGNORANT HAND!"

i cannot tell you how long I laughed at all that man LoL:woot: . So that really is a piece of dialogue from the issue ?

i wanna jump into supes. where?

Superman #654 would be best, but this newest issue (#657) is a fine jumping on point, I'd say.

My summary of this issue:

Superman: "Wtf?"
Arion: "Listen to this insanely long and boring story."
Superman: "No."

At least, that's how it was in my head, when I stopped reading after five pages because it was so stupid.

I'm loving both Superman books right now. They are both incredibly awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"