Superman Red Son is coming

I've never read it, but Superman fans seem to love it, so definitely a good choice for the first Superman Elseworlds DTV.

I've never read it, but Superman fans seem to love it, so definitely a good choice for the first Superman Elseworlds DTV.
Even some non-Superman fans! :yay: I'm not a huge fan of Supes as a character but I do like stories that focus on the moral aspect of what he should/shouldn't do and the consequences of his actions (or inaction). Red Son (like Kingdom Come, and (the surprisingly good, IMO) Injustice: Gods Among Us) explores that so well. Definitely recommend it! :up:

Last edited:

You've never read it? Wow. Tbh I'd say go read it but you might be better off not so it doesn't spoil the animated film for you.

Even some non-Superman fans! :yay: I'm not a huge fan of Supes as a character but I do like stories that focus on the moral aspect of what he should/shouldn't do and the consequences of his actions (or inaction). Red Son (like Kingdom Come, and (the surprisingly good, IMO) Injustice: Gods Among Us) explore that so well. Definitely recommend it! :up:

I lent it to a friend of mine and he doesn't like Supes but said Red Son is the best graphic novel he's ever read.

Kingdom Come is my favourite graphic novel ever, that's my dream animation project. Red Son was another, we're getting that now so fingers crossed that Kingdom Come is next in line for the year after.

I lent it to a friend of mine and he doesn't like Supes but said Red Son is the best graphic novel he's ever read.
Clearly a man of great taste!

Kingdom Come is my favourite graphic novel ever, that's my dream animation project. Red Son was another, we're getting that now so fingers crossed that Kingdom Come is next in line for the year after.
Kingdom Come is my all-time #1 GN as well and Red Son is my #4 :up: To see Kingdom Come animated would be fantastic, but I'd be so frightened of them screwing it up... :(

Btw, I have the tpb of Kingdom Come, but for my birthday recently someone bought me the Absolute edition with slipcase :yay:

It will be a skip for me. I don't like the DC DTV's much. They have an ugly art style to most of them.

Clearly a man of great taste!

Kingdom Come is my all-time #1 GN as well and Red Son is my #4 :up: To see Kingdom Come animated would be fantastic, but I'd be so frightened of them screwing it up... :(

Btw, I have the tpb of Kingdom Come, but for my birthday recently someone bought me the Absolute edition with slipcase :yay:

What’s in the Absolute Edition?

Have you read Thy Kingdom Come from Geoff Johns?

It will be a skip for me. I don't like the DC DTV's much. They have an ugly art style to most of them.

So you just posted to say you don’t watch or collect these DTVs? :funny:

So you just posted to say you don’t watch or collect these DTVs? :funny:

I have read Superman: Red Son, and your thread title does not say "DTV" in it. Therefore, one can safely assume I entered this thread for more details, only to be disappointed. Hence my post that I am disappointed because I don't like the DTV movies much.

Maybe you would not get such posts in your thread if you put DTV in the title.

I have read Superman: Red Son, and your thread title does not say "DTV" in it. Therefore, one can safely assume I entered this thread for more details, only to be disappointed. Hence my post that I am disappointed because I don't like the DTV movies much.

Maybe you would not get such posts in your thread if you put DTV in the title.

It’s in the DC Comics FILMS section what did you think it was?

It’s in the DC Comics FILMS section what did you think it was?

Oh, so Joker is a cartoon movie?

Not every live action film has its own forum and usually start in here before they get one. So, I rest my case.

Last edited:

Dude, like seriously there is no reason to be a jerk because I said I am skipping your precious cartoon. As a poster on this forum, I can voice my opinion on these things. There is no reason for the snark/condescension you met my post with. If you can't handle posts like mine, then the internet is not the place for you. I'm sorry.

Dude, like seriously there is no reason to be a jerk because I said I am skipping your precious cartoon. As a poster on this forum, I can voice my opinion on these things. There is no reason for the snark/condescension you met my post with. If you can't handle posts like mine, then the internet is not the place for you. I'm sorry.

See I see it as you came in to say how much you don't like these DTVs in a forum about one of the DTVs (that hasn't even been made yet mind). You say you didn't know what it was about, fair enough but then you clearly read the first post to know what it was about. So why even express that you don't wanna see an animated film that hasn't been made yet when you don't watch any of these animated films? That's what I took issue with.

Maybe I took it all the wrong way and if so I apologise. Guess that's one issue with reading comments instead of having an actual face to face conversation.

See I see it as you came in to say how much you don't like these DTVs in a forum about one of the DTVs (that hasn't even been made yet mind). You say you didn't know what it was about, fair enough but then you clearly read the first post to know what it was about. So why even express that you don't wanna see an animated film that hasn't been made yet when you don't watch any of these animated films? That's what I took issue with.

Again, this forum is not just for DTVs. Live action films without a forum fall under here also. Also they not too long ago had talks when Joker was being announced of them doing live action Elseworld movies, and this was mentioned as a possibility for being one of those if they do that. So I thought it might be something live action given prior reports said they had meetings about one.

But even so, just because that isn't the case and I read the article doesn't mean any subsequent comment in this thread has to be "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!!" This is a forum. Positive and negative opinions are equally valid. My opinion once I read said article was negative. So I voiced that. I am well within my right to do so, as this forum exists for ALL opinions.

What’s in the Absolute Edition?

Okay (I feel I should be wearing white gloves whilst handling this thing!)...The slipcase is a wraparound Ross painting of just about all the featured heroes in flight. The actual of the book itself is plain black with simple gold-leaf style lettering (very bible-like, which I guess makes sense!), with one central illustration of Rev. Norman McCay and the Spectre inside the church.

Inside, pages 216 - 340 are 'extras', including;

'From Here to Kingdom Come' -- Waid answers the most frequently asked KC questions

'Icons of Virtue' -- a massively expanded version of the sketchbook from the tpb

'Keys to the Kingdom' -- annotations and notes for the whole work

'Gallery' -- paintings from various KC covers and promotional material, such as posters and trading cards

'Testaments' -- checklist of KC character appearances or other KC references in comics and other media

'DC Direct' -- photos of KC-based action figures

'Generations' -- geneology of KC characters

'Witness to the End' -- closing piece by Ross's father, Norman, himself a minister and the photo model for Norman McCay

I'm afraid I haven't got around to reading any of this yet :csad:

Have you read Thy Kingdom Come from Geoff Johns?

Sadly I haven't. It seems to be published in three volumes and I can only ever find Vol 2 - which I bought but obviously don't want to read until I've got vols 1 and 3!

Okay (I feel I should be wearing white gloves whilst handling this thing!)...The slipcase is a wraparound Ross painting of just about all the featured heroes in flight. The actual of the book itself is plain black with simple gold-leaf style lettering (very bible-like, which I guess makes sense!), with one central illustration of Rev. Norman McCay and the Spectre inside the church.

Inside, pages 216 - 340 are 'extras', including;

'From Here to Kingdom Come' -- Waid answers the most frequently asked KC questions

'Icons of Virtue' -- a massively expanded version of the sketchbook from the tpb

'Keys to the Kingdom' -- annotations and notes for the whole work

'Gallery' -- paintings from various KC covers and promotional material, such as posters and trading cards

'Testaments' -- checklist of KC character appearances or other KC references in comics and other media

'DC Direct' -- photos of KC-based action figures

'Generations' -- geneology of KC characters

'Witness to the End' -- closing piece by Ross's father, Norman, himself a minister and the photo model for Norman McCay

I'm afraid I haven't got around to reading any of this yet :csad:

Sadly I haven't. It seems to be published in three volumes and I can only ever find Vol 2 - which I bought but obviously don't want to read until I've got vols 1 and 3!

Wow that's a lot I'd probably be scared to touch it haha

Oh that's crap that you can't get all 3 vols, it's really good it's hard to explain what it is though cause it's not really a equal. Its something else entirely.

Oh that's crap that you can't get all 3 vols, it's really good it's hard to explain what it is though cause it's not really a equal. Its something else entirely.
I will not give up the search! :argh:

I have read Waid's The Kingdom. Have you read that?

Yeah I’m excited for this

I wish Into the Spider Verse was more successful. Maybe we could get a big budget animated Kingdom Come in theaters.

You've never read it? Wow. Tbh I'd say go read it but you might be better off not so it doesn't spoil the animated film for you.

Same page. Red Son and Kingdom Come are among the very best Superman stories IMO, right up there with All Star Superman. Kingdom Come is probably my favorite Superman story, would only want to see that adapted if it was done well - a big part of it's appeal is Alex Ross' wonderful artwork.

Kingdom Come will only work as a miniseries. If people think Civil War was truncated, I don't know how Kingdom Come could be done without any lead up movies.

I'm defintely interested in watching this since Superman Red Son is one of the best Superman comics ever and its about time that they're doing this. I just hope the animation is good since they've become lackluster in the last few DC animated movies. In my opinion the New 52 movies have been boring and terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"