Superman Returns Superman Returns videogame screenshot!!

SolidSnakeMGS said:
The recharger kit is about $20.

Even the premium kit does NOT play HD DVDs. Microsoft has an attachment that is already out in many places that is a drive that connects to the 360 and THAT allows you to play HD movies. Its $199.

Good thing is as mentioned it plays HD DVDs. Bad thing is that it does not use the new HDMI cable for true digital quality, MS has no plans to release HD games, AND Blu-Ray is a slightly superior format.

OK thanks, so the premium system still comes with the neccessary cables etc. to play normal DVDs yeah?

Tomorrow is the damn day. Can't wit, my first stop when I go out is to Wal-Mart. And the game is mine. :cmad:

Yup, got mine from EB today as well.

Game is very good, but very frustrating at first.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
The recharger kit is about $20.

Even the premium kit does NOT play HD DVDs. Microsoft has an attachment that is already out in many places that is a drive that connects to the 360 and THAT allows you to play HD movies. Its $199.

Good thing is as mentioned it plays HD DVDs. Bad thing is that it does not use the new HDMI cable for true digital quality, MS has no plans to release HD games, AND Blu-Ray is a slightly superior format.

The ONLY thing that Blu-Ray has against HD-DVD is that it holds more space. You can say that Blu-Ray is for lazy people who can not bother to change disc. But even then there are Blu-Ray Movies with 2 Discs

Man everyone is getting it today??? HOW!!!! is Yuma, Arizona the only place that gets it tommorrow?

AND I'm not sure if my local Game Crazy will get it on the same day. ANYONE who has the PS2, version give us the low down.

Mgneto said:
Game is very good, but very frustrating at first.

It did take a while to get used to the controls. I actually failed the very first asteroid mission the first time, but I got better and picked up the targeting and constant switching of powers easily after that.

Now fighting Mongul on Warworld was a bit trying. He wasn't tough to beat in that I had to repeat the level or anything, but you always have to catch him while he's busy taunting in order to get a good hit on him. Other than that, the evade method is about the only way to not have the crowd totally favor Mongul (and thus, losing you the match).

So it looks the only thing people are having trouble with are the flying controls. That'll be no problem with me.

Try playing GODHAND...the controls there were hard to get use to. But put in the extra 5 mintues to play and your master.

BrollySupersj said:
You already have it too ROBO?

I have the demo..it doesn't come out until friday here.. but its very very good from what i have played so far.

AssMan said:
The ONLY thing that Blu-Ray has against HD-DVD is that it holds more space. You can say that Blu-Ray is for lazy people who can not bother to change disc. But even then there are Blu-Ray Movies with 2 Discs

Umm, more space is NEVER a con. That's always the constant technological improvement with digital tech. And so far, I haven't seen a single double disc Blu Ray release. I could be wrong though.

That isn't the only thing Blu-Ray has against HD either. BD has much more support from studios like 20CF, MGM, Warners, and Paramount supporting the format, although they will release content for the rival to give consumers a choice. And then when you weigh in Apple and Sony support, HD is quite outgunned.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS GAME???/

I HAVE IT for PS2 and CAN'T BEAT OVERCAST ON WARWORLD!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

-R

Quick question for those with an XBox 360 - is it better to have the console vertical or horizontal when playing games? Do the discs get scratched when the console is upright/vertical?

Storm22 said:
Quick question for those with an XBox 360 - is it better to have the console vertical or horizontal when playing games? Do the discs get scratched when the console is upright/vertical?

I put mine horizontal. Never vertical cause I fear my baby will fall and break. :(

WELL, I bought the game today for PS2 and it's good. Graphics as we ALL know are toned down, but the game is still good. Fighting and flying IMO are just as good as 360. The cape however doesn't move like the 360 version, but that really won't bother you....unless you like everything 100% perfect.

Nice chance to see Routh throwing punches, eh?;)
Play and learn, Singer...hahahaha.

Storm22 said:
It plays the same either way. I prefer vertical, since it takes up less space and allows more air to get to the console and cool it off. The only way the disc will get scratched is if you move the console while it's running a disc.

Mediocre

Nice average, just as "good" as the movie.;)

Waiting for the download to finish to give a better insight on this game.

Why is the SUPERMAN score absent throughout the whole game? It is a good game, but without the score, doesn't feel like Superman.

-R

Anyone know how to beat Riot? He just keeps coming back- and heat doesn't hurt him- neither does throwing thing at him.

-R

So how would you all rate this game? I was thinking of getting it but people's reviews from the demo made me think other wise. What do you all think?

The reviews for the game have just been unfair, really. A 5.5 from IGN, a 4.5 from Gamespot. The game really isn't bad. Now, that's not to say that there aren't vast improvements that could be made. It'd be a lot better to have more random crimes than just robots attacking the city every five minutes, and the targeting system could have been handled a lot better.

But a 5.5? The game's at least a 6.8-7 average, which isn't too shabby for a game based on a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"