The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

The multiverse makes it less likely for Cavill to lead a standalone. As the studio is willing to commit to multiple actors and multiple versions at the same time.

The multiverse makes it less likely for there to be many standalones.

I don't see a Superman film coming but I think Cavill is back in if JLSC is decent. Sandberg wants him in his Shazam films.

Any hypotheses as to why WB is now so ok with having different versions of the same character, on both film and tv? It wasn't that long ago that was anathema to them, was there a major change at the top, is it a sign of desperation, or do they really think this is the way to move forward?

My guess is they saw how the TV sector pulled it off. And they know nostalgia makes money. And they're probably lost on what to do. Lol

last throw of the dice and I reckon they are preempting marvel and what they are doing next - what with a black widow movie of a character that we have lost already, to Dr Strange tapping into the multiverse.

To be honest, a Batman Beyond movie is a super easy way to usher in a new bat.

I think they will focus on stand alone.

WW3, AM2, SH!2, SS.20. Flash

Batman Reeve-verse

Batman Beyond, bat girl

These all can make money, so why not. and by the time the DCEU has had it's run with the above mentioned, the batman trilogy with Pattison will be over and they can reboot right across the board or expand the Reeve universe, that's my thinking.

Well now that we have the multiverse I'd love to see tv actors cross over to movies now...and get rid of Ezra

More this Superman and less whatever Snyder did to him.

326c0548a575e66074357ed5b68e7f9ea1d54135.gif

55a3131dbb8a13cba781e70e9929f67c7bdb789f.gif

1384c72250469db2a703fa5821f6367f64f2f300.gif

c5836f6674636c0b6e4fec5692da09d078e0b887.gif

a3c23318a7364f4df5f03419029429998e763698.gif

Funny, because Snyder used the "you're living in a dream world" line to answer to people who objected to his Batman killing in BvS.

I couldn’t stand that movie or that storyline tbh. I need to give it another shot though.

Manchester Black is so uninteresting to me as a villain. He’s not really a character, he’s just a plot device to show how morally superior Superman is.

I would just consolidate Magog and Manchester Black in a Kingdom Come movie with Keaton and Cavill.

I enjoy Manchester Black and loved his storyline in Tomasi's Rebirth.

We can only hope. I don’t have a problem with Cavill himself but what Snyder did with the character has ruined that version for me. I’d rather see a new cast.

I feel if they carry on with Cavill, it will be like a Thor: Ragnorak situation where it will feel totally different... more akin to the final moments of MOS and way more hope, humour and fun.

They aren't reliant on people buying past movies on dvd etc, so they can forget about it and just focus on the now, let us have some fun with him.

If people do go back and think 'oh he was different in BvS and JL' you can just dismiss it and people will too.

Eh, I don’t think Thor Ragnarok feels that different than the other films. They still follow up on plot threads from TDW and Age of Ultron. Sure; it’s about 1,000 times better than TDW but it wasn’t like they fundamentally changed Thor’s entire character or his story. They did make him a bit more lighthearted and modern but it wasn’t such a hard left turn that it was jarring. And more importantly, Thor and Loki as characters were more or less beloved by audiences, despite a misstep with TDW and arguably with AoU. The same can’t be said for Cavill’s Superman and Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor caricature.

Ragnarok definitely felt like a 180. One that obviously went over well and led to an explosion in popularity for Thor, but it was massive shift in tone and characterization nevertheless.

Cavill’s Superman might succeed if they pull a Ragnarok, but he doesn’t have any of the advantages Thor had before Waititi stepped in and breathed new life into him. Namely, being liked.

I suspect Cavill's final fate is in the hands of the next director, especially if it's Abrams. He'll decide Cavill's future and ultimately Superman's.

Bayona showing interest again.

The Orphanage is probably the most overrated horror movie of the past decade and JW: Fallen Kingdom was crap but, The Impossible was good so I’d give him a shot.

Hell, at least he wants to do it instead of acting like the gig is akin to being sprayed in the face with anthrax (like most big name directors seem to act about it).

It's a misconception that he's a tarnished character that nobody wants to touch. There are several directors who have at least shown interest in the character and perhaps a willingness to direct. JJ Abrams, Chris McQuarrie, Darron Aronofsky, Matt Vaughn, JJ.Bayona, Joe Cornish, and Patty Jenkins, to name a few.

It's a misconception that he's a tarnished character that nobody wants to touch. There are several directors who have at least shown interest in the character and perhaps a willingness to direct. JJ Abrams, Chris McQuarrie, Darron Aronofsky, Matt Vaughn, JJ.Bayona, Joe Cornish, and Patty Jenkins, to name a few.

That’s true, but didn’t Nolan go to like 10 directors and pitch Man of Steel before Snyder finally (and reluctantly, I think) said yes? I don’t believe the character is tarnished but it does seem like a lot of people in Hollywood view him that way.

That’s true, but didn’t Nolan go to like 10 directors and pitch Man of Steel before Snyder finally (and reluctantly, I think) said yes? I don’t believe the character is tarnished but it does seem like a lot of people in Hollywood view him that way.

Zemeckis and del Toro turning it down isn't exactly an indictment on the character. Zemeckis was at a point in his career where he was likely to turn down lots of franchises and del Toro has always been on record liking monsters and freaks so him turning down Superman could be expected. Some others might have been reluctant to be rushed ahead with a shaky script that needed to be filmed by a certain date to satisfy the lawsuit. Hence, why Snyder was chosen over Aronofsky.

Let's look at Batman and Spider-Man who supposedly everyone loves. It's not like top directors such as Spielberg and Cameron have directed them. Most of the time it has been second tier. Nolan was not an A-list superstar when given Batman Begins. Spider-Man's recent directors include Marc Webb and Jon Watts. Who's to say they would have turned down Superman?

It's who WB's approached and how and when they approached them that has exasperated the situation.

Zemeckis and del Toro turning it down isn't exactly an indictment on the character. Zemeckis was at a point in his career where he was likely to turn down lots of franchises and del Toro has always been on record liking monsters and freaks so him turning down Superman could be expected. Some others might have been reluctant to be rushed ahead with a shaky script that needed to be filmed by a certain date to satisfy the lawsuit. Hence, why Snyder was chosen over Aronofsky.

Let's look at Batman and Spider-Man who supposedly everyone loves. It's not like top directors such as Spielberg and Cameron have directed them. Most of the time it has been second tier. Nolan was not an A-list superstar when given Batman Begins. Spider-Man's recent directors include Marc Webb and Jon Watts. Who's to say they would have turned down Superman?

It's who WB's approached and how and when they approached them that has exasperated the situation.

Yeah, I agree that we don't need someone like Spielberg for this (and honestly, after his last few attempts at sci-fi/action, I'd really rather he stay away from it, lol). It's probably best to get someone really hungry (like Nolan probably was when he did BB) who has some solid credits but isn't a household name yet. Though I'd be fine if Abrams or someone at his level did it too.

So I have been writing my own superman film but have decided to turn it into a comic and maybe one day if it ever takes off people might want to see it in live action. Here is a scene from the comic.

In this scene Clark is about 18 and has gone to a party with Lana where he meets Pete. Lana and Pete get too drunk and go for a joy ride nearly landing into a lake just before Clark runs in and saves them.

Clark is wearing a knitted sweater that Pa Kent made for him when he was younger but now it's a tighter fit and he resembles the man he will become

Screenshot_2020-07-29-14-36-49-46.png

So I have been writing my own superman film but have decided to turn it into a comic and maybe one day if it ever takes off people might want to see it in live action. Here is a scene from the comic.

In this scene Clark is about 18 and has gone to a party with Lana where he meets Pete. Lana and Pete get too drunk and go for a joy ride nearly landing into a lake just before Clark runs in and saves them.

Clark is wearing a knitted sweater that Pa Kent made for him when he was younger but now it's a tighter fit and he resembles the man he will become

View attachment 36112

Love that art, did you do that?

When the comic is finished how are you making it available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"