The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

People are going to be pissy about how things turned out on Rise of Skywalker (with fairly good reason) but JJ is a good guy to get this off the ground.

The past decade of Superman on the big screen has been dictated by Snyder’s deconstructionist tendencies. But based on the CBMs Marvel churns out on the regular and the general state of the world right now, I think we’re ready for a Superman who isn’t a miserable piece of ****. And the guy who gave us Star Trek ‘09 and The Force Awakens is a damn good choice for that.

But yeah, based on Into Darkness and Rise of Skywalker, he’s gotta turn over the reigns after that first film. Assuming this is even true, of course.

I don’t think TROS is fair to three at him when he was fixing someone else’s mess, I still say had JJ been involved in all 3 films then the trilogy would have been better.

However, I still sort of agree (I actually liked STITD) , I think JJ directing the first but staying on for story & producer for the sequels would be the way to go.

I don’t think TROS is fair to three at him when he was fixing someone else’s mess, I still say had JJ been involved in all 3 films then the trilogy would have been better.

However, I still sort of agree (I actually liked STITD) , I think JJ directing the first but staying on for story & producer for the sequels would be the way to go.
Is this referring to TLJ or to Colin Trevorrow? Because if it’s the former, cowering away from all the bold narrative departures in favor of returning to the series’ old tropes wasn’t really cleaning anything up at all, and if it’s the latter, I really don’t know enough about what he had planned to say one way or the other, but I doubt JJ’s approach to IX can be seen as much of an improvement.

Last edited:
Is this referring to TLJ or to Colin Trevorrow? Because if it’s the former, cowering away from all the bold narrative departures in favor of returning to the series’ old tropes wasn’t really cleaning anything up at all, and if it’s the latter, I really don’t know enough about what he had planned to say one way or the other, but I doubt JJ’s approach to IX can be seen as much of an improvement.

Im talking the mess that was the Last Jedi there was no fixing that shirt imo.

if JJ had made VIII and then made that version of IX then he’s at fault but he didn’t.

Well even if you like TLJ there is no denying it fractured the fanbase which made ROTS a troubled project even in the best light. I mean no one was going to be happy because there was no way to satisfy...well almost anyone. The TLJ fans would hate if you shifted off that track (making the other half happy) and the TLJ lovers would hate if you went back to the old tropes. Instead they decided to just make a meh film and wipe their hands of the whole thing.

Get Star Wars out of my Superman
Yeah I saw this bumped and thought there was news or rumors but nope just they standard Star Wars whine fest. "It sucks" "It rules." We get it. Take it to the SW forum please

It’s relevant to the discussion because we’re talking about JJ directing Superman.

Alright, in the interest of getting things back on track...

If Bad Robot does take the reins on Superman, and knowing the relationship between Abrams and Matt Reeves, it would be wild if those two put their heads together and eventually gave us a World’s Finest to make up for BVS.

Alright, in the interest of getting things back on track...

If Bad Robot does take the reins on Superman, and knowing the relationship between Abrams and Matt Reeves, it would be wild if those two put their heads together and eventually gave us a World’s Finest to make up for BVS.

Love the sound of that.

Corenswet and Pattinson :D

Yeah I saw this bumped and thought there was news or rumors but nope just they standard Star Wars whine fest. "It sucks" "It rules." We get it. Take it to the SW forum please

We cant talk about Star Wars when the rumor is that a guy who directed 2 Star Wars films is part of the project? Seems rather relevant but who knows.

097ef8c0c1e6be5ce2cdd1872eda7cad0a8e026e.gifv

Corenswet seems to be better fit for Superman than Cavill, Hoechilin or Routh.

Ugh, no thanks. I'm sick of people who think Superman needs to be changed to work.

Agreed. And the last thing we need is more stories about Superman grappling with his powers and how he should serve humanity. Cant we just let Superman be Superman?

If friggin Thor can be done to the satisfaction of people Superman for sure can.

Ugh, no thanks. I'm sick of people who think Superman needs to be changed to work.
Yeah. I mean, we’re just coming off the Snyder era. Why reconstruct further at this point in time?

In the past twenty years, the closest to a proper Superman portrayal we’ve had on the big screen is when he had a forking CGI upper lip.

Fix it, y’all.

I think JJ would make a really good Superman film.. I would prefer cavill back but would accept Corenswet.

My wish.
No origin ( except in the form of comicbook pages turning )
We would see kryton blowing up, his arriving on earth, the dp, his battles with bazarro, parasite, and Lex in the turning pages.

Film opens ( in the mid 1950's ) with an already established Clark Kent at the DP.
Lex Luther would be played either Bryan Cranston or Jason isaacs.

we see Superman dispatching some bankrobbers/thugs and yet another attempt by Lex to kill him ( ho hum ) another day another battle.
A Short fight with a giant robot follows, it is easily destroyed.
This Superman loves his powers and he knows nothing can touch him.

We see an angry Lex working on a radio of sorts that has a dish connected to it on top of Lexcorp. He is testing it.....
It springs to life. It works.

We see perry white ( john Goodman) barking orders at his reporters.

Brainiac's ship arrives a few days later over metropolis ( played by Keanu reeves ) think high tech as we saw in star trek or SW but arriving on 1950's Earth.

He attacks metropolis, Clark does his classic shirt rip and launches up at the ship from the dp, thinking this will be another easy day.....

Wrong.

He is immediately stopped by a kryptonite tractor beam and is captured.

The ship leaves earth orbit and enters hyperspace.

Lex Luther is seen examining an alien object giving to him by brainiac in exchange for the info on superman, the last kryptonian.

Superman wakes up days later on war world In krytonite laced chains.
Brainiac sold him to mongul and is seen leaving the planet.
Superman looks around and sees All sorts of other powerful aliens in captivity.
Including one who will not shut up..
he looks at superman and says YO! I'm the main man Here!!

Last edited:
On October 24 "We got this covered" had a story that pretty much said the same thing, that I asked about. Does not equate to the story not being true, but basically 8 weeks ago, they posted almost the same exact story.

But, hey, Corenswet for Superman all the way if true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"