World Superman vs My Little Pony FIM-Verse

Riptor

Civilian
Reaction score
Seriously a really weird thread i found on Space Battles and thougt i would bring it up here.

1.) No Outside help for Superman
2.) Bloodlusted
3.) Not aware of weaknesses though they are allowed prep time
4.) Supermans gotta take everything down, even da Children.

This should be... fun :)

He'd get his ass kicked by Celestia. He's solar powered. She's the goddess of the sun. You go up against an enemy who has total control over your fuel supply, you're going to lose.

He'd get his ass kicked by Celestia. He's solar powered. She's the goddess of the sun. You go up against an enemy who has total control over your fuel supply, you're going to lose.
You go against an enemy that can move so fast that he can knock you into another Galaxy before you can HALF-BLINK you're going to get **** stomped. Hes faced people who control the Sun before, yeah he did get hurt but he still won.

Superman's awesome, but he's not going to take down a n army of bloodlusted magic users, no matter which ones he attacks first. And if Celestia has defensive spells, that's bad mojo for Supes. I don't see him walking away from this one.

Superman's awesome, but he's not going to take down a n army of bloodlusted magic users, no matter which ones he attacks first. And if Celestia has defensive spells, that's bad mojo for Supes. I don't see him walking away from this one.
Superman is vunerable to Magic but its not like a Second Kryptonite. He still has his speed on his side and still got what it takes to knock them the ***** out. Remember, most Unicorns dont have that powerful of Magic, and it takes top teir Magic to even fase Superman. The Mane 6, Cadance and Shining Armor, Celestia and Luna/Nightmare Moon, and Queen Chrysalis are the ONLY ones that can even hope to match Superman in any way. Even then they're gonna face a Superman whos willing to kill, aint gonna be easy.

Not saying they cant, but they're gonna have to fight for it.

Dude, he's going up against two pagan gods who are directly tied to his power source and a ridiculously powerful sorcerer. He really don't stand a chance. Sure, he's fast, but Celestia and Luna are way too powerful for him.

Well... they're bloodlusted, of course they're fighting for it. Millions of little bits of magic dogpile onto superman who has no more hope against magic holds/transmutations/enchantments/attacks/*defenses* than you or I. Any of the big names can put up a magical defense that makes Superman a non-issue, and they have prep time so they will.

Superman's only hope is get out of range, if possible, and destroy the planet they're on. He's not going to win this with any fisticuffs.

Last edited:
Dude, he's going up against two pagan gods who are directly tied to his power source and a ridiculously powerful sorcerer. He really don't stand a chance. Sure, he's fast, but Celestia and Luna are way too powerful for him.

And they are going up against a guy who destroyed a Solar System by SNEEZING. He stands pretty damn good chance

And they are going up against a guy who destroyed a Solar System by SNEEZING. He stands pretty damn good chance

Yeah, but you see that story was incredibly stupid. Infinite strength Superman doesn't count because he sucks.

Well... they're bloodlusted, of course they're fighting for it. Millions of little bits of magic dogpile onto superman who has no more hope against magic holds/transmutations/enchantments/attacks/*defenses* than you or I. Any of the big names can put up a magical defense that makes Superman a non-issue, and they have prep time so they will.

Superman's only hope is get out of range, if possible, and destroy the planet they're on. He's not going to win this with any fisticuffs.
Thats if they can hit him, still i doubt that the Moustache and Sofa Unicorns are gonna make that much of a diffrence.

If Supermans bloodlusted, whats to stop him from just Lobotomizing them with his heat vision, which has shown the capacity of heat to destroy Realms of Reality. Ill give you that Luna and Celestia are tough opponents, but Superman... is Superman.

Supes also got Prep time

Yeah, but you see that story was incredibly stupid. Infinite strength Superman doesn't count because he sucks.
... So a planet filled with Human Intellect Ponies that wield magic, move clouds and manipulate weather, AND defeat evil with the power of friendship isnt stupid? Enlighten me.

... So a planet filled with Human Intellect Ponies that wield magic, move clouds and manipulate weather, AND defeat evil with the power of friendship isnt stupid? Enlighten me.

No, it's not. What's stupid about it? Everything in it makes sense in the context of the world they've made and none of it hinders the story.

Superman having infinite power and being able to destroy solar systems is stupid because it deflates any and all tension within the story. It also reduces Superman to the point of being a *********ory power fantasy instead of an interesting character who's stories are worth reading.

No, it's not. What's stupid about it? Everything in it makes sense in the context of the world they've made and none of it hinders the story.

Superman having infinite power and being able to destroy solar systems is stupid because it deflates any and all tension within the story. It also reduces Superman to the point of being a *********ory power fantasy instead of an interesting character who's stories are worth reading.
Having a immesurely powerful Superman can be great story telling if done right. And in the context of the 1960's-1970's Superman stories, it was fine.

And they did the same thing with All-Star Superman... and that stoy won how many awards?

Having a immesurely powerful Superman can be great story telling if done right. And in the context of the 1960's-1970's Superman stories, it was fine.

And they did the same thing with All-Star Superman... and that stoy won how many awards?

Sneezing solar systems out of existence level is doing it wrong, though.

I believe Q's point was the magnitude makes the story not work, not the weirdness. There has to be an apparently unbeatable challenge for a story to work. In All Star Superman, Supe was dying, in the 60s it was many flavors of Kryptonite. Without those things, those stories are really, really stupid, and indeed, are simply impotent power fantasies.

I believe Q's point was the magnitude makes the story not work, not the weirdness. There has to be an apparently unbeatable challenge for a story to work. In All Star Superman, Supe was dying, in the 60s it was many flavors of Kryptonite. Without those things, those stories are really, really stupid, and indeed, are simply impotent power fantasies.
Mr Majestic proved that this also worked by pointing out "You can make the character as powerful as you want and still get a good story, depowering a character isnt going to instantly make the story better, its not the power that matter, its who writes the person in power that matters."

Sounds good. Proof is in the pudding though. I haven't read Mr. Majestic, but Superman got depowered and is still being published. Mr. Majestic didn't, and he isn't.

Sounds good. Proof is in the pudding though. I haven't read Mr. Majestic, but Superman got depowered and is still being published. Mr. Majestic didn't, and he isn't.
Funny seeing how it was the OP Superman that had the best sales records of all Super Hero comics ever.

Again its not about how long the comics ran for (Mr. Majestc was a Superman clone of course he had an expiration date) still the point was, tell good stories with the character and you get what you want.

Besides All Star Superman was OP as hell, Dieing or NOT Dieing, and how many awards did that series get? Like 9, 6 being Eisner awards which barely go to any one series and Supermans garnerd more than any other comic? Why? Because Grant Morrison LOVES those stories of the Silver Age BUT realizes you need substance to go with power. THATS why the comics are good, because Power doesnt matter as long as theres a good story.

NOWWWW Back on topic. How are the ponies gonna take down the POST-Crisis Superman (ill allow the weaker version for you) hes still a tought sumabiatch

Also judging a comic by how long it has run isnt really fair in a world were "Archie Sonic" still exists.

Archie Sonic is actually a pretty great comic, and has been so for ten plus years. That's why it still exists. The only reason it's not a top ten book is because it's Archie. and Sonic.

I agree that power doesn't matter as long as there's a good story. What I'm pointing out is that a good story means: unbeatable circumstances. All Star Superman would have been stupid if he wasn't dying. Dying is what made him being OP irrelevant, its what made the story good, and what got its awards. He gave the hero an unbeatable challenge. All successful writers do this. In the best sales records Superman, he was constantly dealing with one color of Kryptonite or other, or in the best ones, some moral debacle his powers couldn't solve. Unbeatable circumstances. Mr. Majestic couldn't last because you can only come up with so man unbeatable circumstances or such an OP character. Contrast with someone like, I dunno, Batgirl, whom anything from an exploding planet to a thug with a bazooka can be unbeatable that not only means more diverse stories, but it also means anyone can write a good story, and not just top tier writers who are brilliant enough to come up with 'Silver age Superman is terminally ill' like Morrison did. Mr. Majestic could have gone on indefinitely, like Superman clone Invincible (2002-present), but he's too powerful, and the author wasn't clever enough to keep him interesting for very long. It doesn't matter how powerful you are compared to anyone else, if you're more powerful than anything in your story, you're a stupid character.

We kinda addressed that in the topic.

Discord is also capable of using magic. He's a reality-warper. So he could do a number on Supes with either magic or mindtrickery. Plus all the unicorn ponies are magical.

Archie Sonic is actually a pretty great comic, and has been so for ten plus years. That's why it still exists. The only reason it's not a top ten book is because it's Archie. and Sonic.

I agree that power doesn't matter as long as there's a good story. What I'm pointing out is that a good story means: unbeatable circumstances. All Star Superman would have been stupid if he wasn't dying. Dying is what made him being OP irrelevant, its what made the story good, and what got its awards. He gave the hero an unbeatable challenge. All successful writers do this. In the best sales records Superman, he was constantly dealing with one color of Kryptonite or other, or in the best ones, some moral debacle his powers couldn't solve. Unbeatable circumstances. Mr. Majestic couldn't last because you can only come up with so man unbeatable circumstances or such an OP character. Contrast with someone like, I dunno, Batgirl, whom anything from an exploding planet to a thug with a bazooka can be unbeatable that not only means more diverse stories, but it also means anyone can write a good story, and not just top tier writers who are brilliant enough to come up with 'Silver age Superman is terminally ill' like Morrison did. Mr. Majestic could have gone on indefinitely, like Superman clone Invincible (2002-present), but he's too powerful, and the author wasn't clever enough to keep him interesting for very long. It doesn't matter how powerful you are compared to anyone else, if you're more powerful than anything in your story, you're a stupid character.

We kinda addressed that in the topic.
You like Archie? The comic that involves Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles collding with one another and destroying a Multiverse? The comic where Sonic can go faster than Trillions of times the Speed of light, the one that destroyed a Solar System by flying by it. BUT Superman is the one with the OP stories?... and no the reason Archie Sonic continues is teh same reason MLP is popular. Fans will by whatever has their characters name on it. Even when that character sucks nowadays (Sonic 06) just saying.

Still it doesnt matter All-Star Superman worked not because he was dying, but because it was amazing storytelling. It couldve continued on for 7+ years and NOONE would have complained.

Now lets get back on topic, but why? Even if it is Post-Crisis, guy can still fight a person to a point where an entire planet breaks apart. Unless Celestia is more powerful that i last though. Feats plz

Discord is also capable of using magic. He's a reality-warper. So he could do a number on Supes with either magic or mindtrickery. Plus all the unicorn ponies are magical.
Dude... Superman deals with a 5D Imp ever 90 Days that has the ability to destroy and recreate an entire Universe with a snap of his finger. He still finds a way to win. Prep time remember sooooo i guess he could find a way. Though i dont see why Discord would even care about Superman. In hindsight hed be the one that start this thing.

Unicorn ponies have magic that directly corresponds to the natural talent. I again dont find how the "moustache" Unicorns gonna do much to Superman. Even Shining Armors magic only limits to Defensive spells. And Magic isnt Supermans weakness, if they cant hit him, hes gonna be alright. Now if someone hasa really powerful spell such as Celestia, Luna, Chrysalis, or (maybe) Twilight. Then they have a chance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"