Supernatural: Season 9

Little more info on the spin off:

The long-gestating spinoff from veteran CW drama Supernatural is moving forward as a backdoor pilot to air as an episode of Supernatural‘s upcoming ninth season. To be written by Supernatural supervising producer Andrew Dabb, the planted spinoff, in early stages of development, won’t be as nomadic as the mothership series, which takes place in a different town every week. It will explore the clashing hunter and monster cultures of Chicago.​

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/sup...spring/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I see this spin off as a means to explore stories and themes they can tell and explore without stretching Supernatural for too long. Robert Singer told in comic con this year that 10 seasons and 200 episodes is a nice round episode to leave it off at.

I don't think they'll ever be a leading men on film, but I could see the two of them managing to carve out a niche with supporting roles. Tom Welling seems to be heading in that direction recently.

It's a little hard to get film roles when you're one of only two leads on a series that's nearly a decade long, though.

Little more info on the spin off:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/sup...spring/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I see this spin off as a means to explore stories and themes they can tell and explore without stretching Supernatural for too long. Robert Singer told in comic con this year that 10 seasons and 200 episodes is a nice round episode to leave it off at.

Have you read what Carver and Padalecki said at comic-con?

JC: We think of the general arch, and we allow for happy accidents. I think people would be stunned to know what were happy accidents and seemed liked it had been planned all along.

I think me, personally, I have an obligation to plan forward for an arc, but also to keep the show in a position where, if they wanted to go for season 11, 12… 19, it can.

-

JP: With this season – and this isn’t just a line – we can go for however as long as [viewers] and the writers want it to. We opened so many doors – and that’s another thing we did last year. We, the writers – the royal “we” – we opened doors; we didn’t kill this or stop that, we just left to where we can do anything now, and what they’ve chosen to do is just so awesome.
http://screenrant.com/supernatural-season-11-12/

If quality is maintained and ratings don't dip then this show is most likely going beyond season 10 at this point.

Yes I have and I'm not worried. Let's see where this goes.

I don't think they'll ever be a leading men on film, but I could see the two of them managing to carve out a niche with supporting roles. Tom Welling seems to be heading in that direction recently.

It's a little hard to get film roles when you're one of only two leads on a series that's nearly a decade long, though.

Also, their shooting schedule doesn't leave much room to go out and do films, on top of wanting to spend time with their families.

A little more info on the spin-off.

In the Chicago-set episode, Carver said we’ll be introduced to a show that would, if picked up by the network, “explore the clashing monster and human characters” living in the city. In fact, he said, “we’ll have main characters who are both human and monsters.” That will include, added Singer, “families of monsters and families of hunters.” “It’s much more of an ensemble than Supernatural,” Singer said.

That could work out quite well. A different take on the world we see through the Winchesters who themselves realize not everything is black and white.

One of the upcoming episodes is going to involve Dean being able to talk to animals. Seems like something Edlund would have wrote, it'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

But when we do get back to the week-to-week ongoings, here’s something to look forward to: an episode that will cause Dean to become what EP Robert Singer called “Doctor Dean-little.” Yes, he talks to animals. (!!) “One of the highlights being Dean getting into a brawl with a pigeon,” Carver dished. “It’s a logical progression from fairies to pigeons.”

http://tvline.com/2013/08/06/supernatural-season-9-cast-tahmoh-penikett-ezekiel-angel/
Supernatural Scoop: Battlestar Galactica Alum Tahmoh Penikett Gets Angelic
BY VLADA GELMAN

A Whedonverse alum has fallen from Heaven.

Sci-fi staple Tahmoh Penikett (Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica) has landed a multi-episode arc on Season 9 of Supernatural, TVLine has learned.

Penikett’s Ezekiel is “a dignified warrior angel injured in the Fall” that took place at the close of last May’s finale, says executive producer Jeremy Carver.

He will first appear in the Season 9 premiere, airing on the show’s new night, Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 9/8c.

At Comic-Con last month, Carver revealed that “a world full of fallen angels is pretty much a free-for-all.”

“We’re going to see it’s not one unified body,” he added. “We’ve got lots of angels out there with lots of different agendas. Many are feelings lost and vengeful. A world of fallen angels is a dirty, bloody, scary and, in some ways, a very human world.”

Penikett’s other TV credits include Continuum, Castle and fellow CW series Arrow.
HELO!!!! :awesome::up:

I was gonna post that but this article also contains some new info on the structure and theme of the season. Here is the part I found most interesting:

Carver also promised that "Supernatural" Season 9 will feature "smaller arcs" as opposed to the usual mix of standalone episodes and one ongoing mythology thread. "We're really including some of our supporting characters in big ways this year," he said. "We're doing a lot more B and C stories than you've ever seen from the show before, and we're really maximizing the new position that some of our favorite characters are finding themselves in."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n-9-tahmoh-penikett_n_3715068.html?1375824606

I am not liking the last 2 seasons of the show and stopped watching only because they need to take it back to the roots of what the show was about like the ghosts, traveling the roads, the pranks which was very funny they did, the supernatural elements from the first-3rd season or so that made it best esp the yellow eyed demon and Bobby who after dying really brought the show downward in a spiral.

They need to lower the amount of angels to only one, Leviathins should be in it only time to time and bring back more of the dark stories of ghosts and creatures they hunted and bring back the gun they had before.

I am not liking the last 2 seasons of the show and stopped watching only because they need to take it back to the roots of what the show was about like the ghosts, traveling the roads, the pranks which was very funny they did, the supernatural elements from the first-3rd season or so that made it best esp the yellow eyed demon and Bobby who after dying really brought the show downward in a spiral.

They need to lower the amount of angels to only one, Leviathins should be in it only time to time and bring back more of the dark stories of ghosts and creatures they hunted and bring back the gun they had before.

There are more than one angel in heaven so lowering it to one at this point makes no sense. I agree about Leviathans. They should be struck from this show and forgotten. You seem to want to retread territory and keep the show limited. That's the last thing a show needs in its 9th season. Have you seen season 8? If you haven't then I can understand your complaints. The show struggled in seasons 6&7, but I felt season 8 was on par with the first five seasons.

Last edited:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-enlists-whodunnit-host-season-604328
'Supernatural' Enlists 'Whodunnit' Host for Season 9 (Exclusive)
2:28 PM PDT 8/12/2013 by Lesley Goldberg
Gildart Jackson will guest star in the fourth episode of the CW drama's upcoming season.

The CW is adding a dash of ABC's Whodunnit for its upcoming ninth season.

Gildart Jackson, the host of the freshman murder-mystery reality competition, has landed a guest gig on the upcoming season of the CW's Supernatural.

The actor, who plays Butler Giles on the summer series, will play Haggerty, a veteran member of the Men of Letters, and appear during a 1930 flashback. Jackson will first appear in the fourth episode of the season, titled "Slumber Party," with an opportunity to return later this season.

In addition to Whodunnit, Jackson's credits also include USA Network's Burn Notice, Charmed and General Hospital. He's repped by Ellis Talent Group.

Jackson joins Battlestar Galactica alum Tahmoh Penikett, who has a recurring role, as guest stars this season on Supernatural. The series returns Oct. 8 at 9 p.m. on The CW.
Guy kinda looks like Vincent Price.

new promo image

Nro3tSR.jpg

As iconic as the trenchcoat is, I'm glad Cas seems to be getting a wardrobe update. He looks good in that suit. I also want to see him in some casual clothes.

Only 11 "Hello Boys"? Really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"