Supernatural - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Unless I'm mistaken, this returns at some point tonight.

2. DarkShadow10 Hotdog

You are mistaken, it’s back on the small screen on the 8th!!

3. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Well damn! I thought it was the 6th. Must be getting my dates mixed up with something else..

4. Orb Lord of Demons

The end begins tonight

Teelie and DarkShadow10 like this.
  5. legendkillin Registered

Not the best return ep but they probably needed it to get in a flow. Along with having limited crew only 4 actors in the ep.

6. Orb Lord of Demons

It was never a return episode as it was originally gonna air the next week episode following the last episode. But it ended being a nice chill episode before we get into the heavy stuff. I liked Mrs. Butters and hope we could had her sooner.

7. Teelie Jokerface

They had all but two episodes filmed so anything before the last two was finished months ago. They only just finished filming the finale last week. I think they held back these five so they did not just do either two weeks of Supernatural or a double episode concluding the series months after the rest of the season had aired.

8. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Wasn't the best episode, but certainly not the worst. Wasn't too keen on the absence of Castiel though. He didn't even get a mention. It would seem that at least a few weeks had gone by during these shenanigans and he didn't once drop by?

Erik20 likes this.
  9. Erik20 Registered

I'm not a fan of these filler episodes that you can just skip and you don't miss anything, especially this close to the end

Flash525 likes this.
  10. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

with the bunker running at full power for the first time in decades, maybe their were added angel warding spells that was keeping him away, but the guys were to detracted to even notice

#85 Spider-Fan83, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  11. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Didn't keep Jack away though, did it? I can't quite fathom how Sam and/or Dean didn't even consider phoning Castiel - or him phoning them. If he couldn't get in?

What bothers me more somewhat is that Jack is the one entity that has the potential to kill God and save existence as we know it, and yet he's subdued by Wood Nymph Lady.

#####

I recall in this episode too it was stated that to kill God, they'd have to kill Amara, but I don't remember that ever being mentioned in any previous episode. Was it? Or was it just referenced in this latest one.

I'm also slightly concerned that there's not enough episodes left to wrap this show up properly; when I think of other shows (like the recent 100) and how tragically it wrapped up.

I know Supernatural has more episodes to play with, but there's still a lot to wrap up; we've barely seen Amara, and there's so much they could've done with Michael.

Erik20 likes this.
  12. Erik20 Registered

I assumed it was probably just something I forgot, but I also don't remember them saying anything about killing Amara... but it's been a while so I guess it's possible they mentioned it before. They should've showed the clip in the recap

Flash525 likes this.
  13. Teelie Jokerface

I don't remember killing Amara as part of it. Maybe needing her help but I definitely do not remember this being a necessity.

Flash525 likes this.
  14. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I’ve been out of the loop for a bit...but whatever happened to Mary? Did she die again?

15. Teelie Jokerface

Last season, yes.

Prison Mike likes this.
  16. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Jack accidentally killed her when he couldn't control himself - or his power. I don't remember the specifics, but he's since been forgiven by Sam and Dean.

Spider-Fan83 and Prison Mike like this.
  17. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

That sucks. I liked her.

18. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

also, if she was able to subdue Jack, you'd think they at least ask if she had anything that could work on chuck

Flash525 likes this.
  19. Holy Slapper Registered

Are we totally going to ignore Sam wielding Mjölnir?

20. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I had admittedly forgotten all about that scene, though to be fair, there wasn't much going on to discuss it. We didn't exactly see it in action.

21. Holy Slapper Registered

Just the sight of it was enough.

22. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm concerned slightly that since the shows return, and with five (or six?) episodes left not just until the season ends, but the actual show that we've had two filler episodes of three.

I'm also a little perplexed by this destiny vs free will element. Dean wants freedom from a scripted life at Chuck's hands, so is Dean's current story being written by Chuck, or does Dean already have free will? Is Chuck writing his own demise?

Erik20 likes this.
  23. Orb Lord of Demons

I think its more Chuck builds the maze but Sam and Dean pick the paths they choose to follow. Their lives, feelings and wants are real. Its ultimately an existential question which is my I like having God as an enemy lol.

Anyway with this previous episode, that was the last MOTW for Supernatural.
    [​IMG]

Flash525 likes this.
  24. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

But I don't get the problem them. If this is the case (and it's a good analogy) then Sam and Dean already have free will - everyone does. The biggest maze of them all is existence itself, so without Chuck, there'd be no existence, and (presumably) Chuck needs to be in order to continue to write. If you suddenly take the author of existence out of the equation, what happens to existence?

How and where does the empty fit into all of this too? And reapers? Did Chuck create the reapers? If so, why would he have ever wrote that he'd one day be reaped? Chuck didn't create the empty, so how is that even a thing, and how/why do angels and demons end up there if they're creations of Chuck? Where did Chuck and Amara come from?

So many questions. Five episodes to go. As much as a final we're going to get, we're also (I think) going to be left with a lot of open questions that just aren't going to be answered. It's like the lesser Gods; Khali, Odin, Zeus, Ghandi, Khorne (etc etc), where did they come from? In one episode, back when Lucifer killed Gabriel (or so we thought?) Khali stated very clearly that they were here before Chuck and his Archangels came along, so ... how did they get here? Where are they on the existence chart?

Oh how I hope this is true.

25. Orb Lord of Demons

Alot of your questions have already been answered.
    1. They're still in a maze. The maze being the show. As in Chuck throws trials and tribulations against the Winchesters for the sake of his stories. This was shown this season's episode with Lilith where Chuck had them go up against the Werewolf brothers. He doesn't interfere but creates narrative around their lives, forcing them into themes. Once he's gone, so do any stories and they'll be free (as in no more narratives ie the show).
    2. The Empty is just...nothingness. Eveyrthing has to go somewhere. Whatever doesn't have natural place to go to ( Heaven,Hell, Purgatory) goes to the Empty. Yes he created the reapers but reapers only transfer souls to the afterlife. Chuck and Amara were one being. They didn't come from anywhere they were always there.
    3. Nobody writes the books. They write themselves. He wrote himself into the system so the world can keep running even when he is not around as he has left Earth before.
    4. Earlier this season it was revealed God created the pagan gods for humans to blame their problems on and to create stories (greek, Egyptian etc mythology. Pagans did run the show but eventually he got tired of that so he introduced himself and his Angels to the world (Christianity was introduced to the world, grew the domiant religion).

Teelie and Flash525 like this.