Supernatural - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Erik20 Registered

Yeah this has always been my problem with the show, too much filler. They even literally said they didn't have anything to do, so they could work a case... same thing happens every season when the main storyline is on hold for some reason.

This latest episode seemed to be "inspired" by IT. That scene with the vending machine was basically Georgie's encounter with Pennywise. Also all those flashbacks of them being kids when they first encountered the monster and defeated it... It was okay, but I thought it felt a bit lazy.

2. legendkillin Registered

I figure some of the last 5 eps had to be rewritten a bit due to the long break. Before the covid break every episode had some Chuck or main story element. I guess Billie showing up and the Amara was the main story part. I haven't cared for the haunted Bunker lady ep, the Church one, or this recent one. It is what it is probably going to be a meh finale.

3. legendkillin Registered

Wondering if they have a spinoff planned ,because two episodes ago when they met that Crossroads Demon they brought him back at the end of the ep. He pretended to be a cop and took the murder girl away flashing his eyes when driving away. Not sure why they would have done that, Rowena is ruling Hell but I doubt we see them anytime now.

Flash525 likes this.
  4. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I suppose it depends how you interpret the episode; come it's wrap, it was everyone's belief that the daughter was going to get help, when we now know she's only going to be further corrupted.

Spinoffs are almost always alluded too before a parent show wraps. It would be highly unusual if Supernatural ended and then six months down the line they make a statement about a spinoff show featuring characters we've met once.

People just aren't going to tune into a show about second rate characters introduced in a parent show that have had basically no development and that nobody cares for, so no, I think once Supernatural is done, that's it.

They've tried (I think twice) to do backdoor pilots and spinoff shows, neither time was a success.

Erik20 likes this.
  5. legendkillin Registered

Yeah I remember they tried some spinoff with the werewolf Garth. I remember hating that episode it ended with the girl walking down train track.

The Jodi and her girls stuff seemed like spinoff attempt

Think they tried with some witches as well or those side hunters.

6. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

They need to put the Supernatural world to rest for a while. The show has always been about the brothers. If they come back for a revival after a couple of years with Jensen and Jared, then great. But I don’t think any type of Supernatural show would work without either of them.

Erik20 and Flash525 like this.
  7. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Taking into account the antagonist they're trying to take on, and out in the last few episodes, I really don't think there's going to be a need for them to come back at any point in the future.

Normally we'd say they can go sideways or different, rather than bigger, but you can't really even do that any more. There's no multiverse, and any story that revolves around a Werewolf, Vampire, Leviathan, Angel, Demon (etc) has been done dead.

Supernatural has had a good run - 15 seasons - few shows can say that. Once we're done with the remaining episodes, it should simply be left to rest. No revivals. No spin-offs. No reboots. Nothing.

DarkShadow10 likes this.
  8. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

From the interviews I’ve seen, it seems like Jared and Jensen aren’t done with the Supernatural world forever. I could definitely see CW doing a revival or sequel of sorts down the road.

9. Teelie Jokerface

I guess it really depends on how the series ends where they could go from there. I don't know how they would top this off but they must have some idea of where to go in an eventual revival.

10. legendkillin Registered

Well 3 more eps left and looks like Billie stars in the next one. I think The Empty was lying or tweaking the truth. Dean has really be written like an asshat though down this stretch. He has always been pretty aggressive and short sighted but damn.

11. batdude Registered

A revival is certainly possible, but probably at least five years away. Don't think either Jensen or Jared want to get typecast.

Teelie and Flash525 like this.
  12. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Oh I'm not too sure. From all that we've seen of that entity, all it wants is to sleep. All Billy wants is order, so if she were to take over, she'd get her order and the empty would go back to bed.

Naturally though if Billy becomes Godlike, she's by the book (her book?); there's no exceptions or favours.

13. legendkillin Registered

Billie does want order but from what Sam mentioned it would be weird as it would go back to the Apocalypse. Would her order go back to that or even farther, if she was to go back to that point the original Death would have been around. The amount of things she would fix would not really be that clear cut, the bros would have been dead numerous times. I think she would make the exception to them as I don't think she would just kill them right after this by reversing time and corrections.

14. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm not so sure that she'd have power over time, but she may be able to restart the apocalypse; if she's struck a deal with the empty, then maybe Lucifer could come back to play, however Michael is a bit more wise to the world now and he might not want to play ball. These last batch of episodes are going to be interesting.

15. Erik20 Registered

It's probably too late for that after 15 seasons.... but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who've never watched Supernatural, so it might not matter that much

16. legendkillin Registered

They never really closed Michael's story this season. I remember he was brought back had a few episodes where he learned what has happen. He was loyal to Chuck then became indifferent and then helped the bros. I don't think his story gets a proper finished though.

17. Marvolo Registered

I cant help but think how much better this would be if the OG death was still around. In the next episodes preview we see Billy stalking down the bunker hall dragging her scythe down the wall, but it would be so much more imposing if the gaunt and skeletal OG death was the one stalking down the halls. No emotion. Just cold, unyielding death coming for the boys and Chuck. Billy's just too emotional about her job, and just too damn healthy looking. When OG death was displeased he didn't need to raise his voice. He just need to swipe his shoulder or look at someone and they died or **** their pants in terror.

Which now that I think about it OG death should have been the big final bad. Not Chuck. It should have been Chuck, Amara, Sam, Dean, and Cas vs OG Death.

Erik20, Teelie and Flash525 like this.
  18. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

He's the only character that I feel we never really got to know in terms of cosmic scale characters. I hope he's involved in these last few episodes, but I fear he wont be.

I agree totally that the OG Death would've been far more imposing as a villain, or even just remaining as the main reaper. We know though that reapers (and death) can die, so Billie is no more invincible than her predecessor, and one would think she'd be easier to take out than say, Chuck or Amara.

The problem then though; if you take out Billie, another reaper gets promoted, and who's to say they'd be any better. I think you've nailed it when you mentioned emotion though. Billie has emotion, and she has desires and the like. OG Death was simply there to fill a role (and he did so very well - took no crap in the process). Billie is manipulating the whole situation, when she shouldn't really be allowed too (though who stops her I don't know).

I do wonder what happens though when Death reaps Chuck; it's said to happen one day (by OG Death) but would Chuck rest in the empty or ... just go? The empty existed first, then Chuck and Amara came along (from where we don't know).

19. Orb Lord of Demons

I never really saw OG Death like that. He seemed like a true neutral being so him being the big bad doesn't make sense to me. Chuck makes more sense since he seemed more ego driven.
    Tho I gotta applaud Rob Benedict as Chuck in this last episode. When he wants to be commanding and serious, he delivers.

20. Marvolo Registered

The final antagonist didn't need to be another evil cruel bastard with an ego. We've had that plenty of times. OG Death making good on what he told Dean, that he would reap God and everything, would have been much better. No ego or sadism. No pettiness. Just OG Death reaping the universe because its the natural order and the the time has come.

Luigi and Flash525 like this.
  21. Luigi Futurism

I would've loved that.

22. Dugath Registered

I am honestly shocked this was still going. I stopped watching in the season when Sam was kidnapped and tortured by some England faction of Monster hunters. Honestly can not even remember what they were called. It was getting harder and harder up to that point to even watch the show.

I think my fondest memories of this show is back in it's early seasons, Monster of the week sort of thing. Before it became Sam or Dean is dead or trapped, gotta get them back. or it was its the end of the world (for the 10th time it always felt like).

23. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Men of Letters, and admittedly not every season has been a highlight, but overall I've enjoyed the run, and we've only got three episodes left, the final two of which are airing back to back.

Supernatural will end before December dawns.

24. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I thought it’s one episode a week until the finale on the 19th? Are the last two on the 19th and next week is a break?

25. Teelie Jokerface

According to the guide I read it is still one episode per week, which makes sense because they need to pad out the schedule thanks to COVID.