Supernatural - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Gold Samurai Registered

Bobby said time works differently in Heaven. So for Sam he just got there. It's sort of like the LOST finale

Teelie, Prison Mike and javonstokess like this.
  2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Yeah but it was still funny that all Dean was do was drive the entire time Sam was alive.

Also...Old man Sam was....very funny to say the least
    [​IMG]

Teelie and Prison Mike like this.
  3. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Well, if I had to use one word it would be disappointed.

Of all the things they could have done, that's the way they decided to end fifteen years of story telling? :rolleyes: It was bittersweet to say the least, despite the happy ending.

Kills vampires
    Kills werewolves
    Kills Angels
    Kills Demons
    Kills Leviathan
    Gets killed by spike :confused:

There won't be no revival. There just won't. You can't undo that kind of ending and thrust those characters back into the real world for a mere revival.

I assumed this too, that it was Eileen.

In that breath, why couldn't they have gotten two stand in actors for Mary and John? Instead Dean has a chat with Bobby? It was great to see Bobby again, don't get me wrong, but what about the parents?

Bobby referred Castiel too, as having a hand in this new Heaven. Does that mean, or was it meant to imply that Jack brought him back from the empty?

Well the Supernatural ending was never going to be as much of a cluster**** that the LOST ending was...

Teelie likes this.
  4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They've already said that they would come back to Supernatural and as long as TheCW is around...there will be a mini revival sooner or later. Where there's a will there's a grace.

The Salvatores and Winchesters really got similar fates. One dies while the other goes on to get married, and eventually dies. Everyone is reunited in the afterlife all happy.

Teelie and Prison Mike like this.
  5. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Them being open to a return doesn't guarantee one.

They've had a good run, and their story has been concluded. There'd literally be no sense now to bring them back. It would almost be a cop-out to the way season 15 wrapped, and an undoing to all the fans that have stuck with the show and have seen it off.

It's just an opinion, of course, but I don't want a revival, and I kinda' wished they'd used episode 19 as the final, just made it a 90min episode to fill in the ending scenes a bit more.

In any case, I don't think we'll get a revival, not so I think we need one, but I guess time will tell.

6. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I would agree with you if this was any other network, but it’s the CW. There’s definitely going to be a revival.

7. Mysteryman Registered

I noticed that, too.

Teelie likes this.
  8. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

a little disappointed with the mention of Ma and Pa Winchester living near by that we didn't see them one last time

I don't expect a revival anytime soon...
    but, if I had to speculate at one, I'd say something goes wrong with knew "changes" to Heaven, that too many people start getting in good -and- bad an it basically be comes a new "Earth" of itself, but with a whole new set of rules (where everyone can do whatever they want) Dean and Sam has to try to fix the chaos (poetic irony that even Heaven can't truly be "Heaven" for them, and the work of a hunter is never done)

the way his son gave him the same "it's okay" speak that Sam said to Dean, and the detail of his son having the same Anti-possession symbols tattoo, as the guys did, suggest he knows about hunting... I'd suspect Sam just found a way to balance family life an hunting as long as he could, and passed some of his knowledge along to his son (wouldn't be shocked if they tried to give is son a spin off)

Teelie and Flash525 like this.
  9. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Dean should've died by choking on a pie to be honest.

Teelie and DarkShadow10 like this.
  10. Teelie Jokerface

Death by pie would be the way Dean wanted to go...

Watched it last night and have mixed thoughts on it. The real finale was the previous episode. This felt like a rush epilogue that would have been ten times better had they brought back as many of the recurring cast as possible, including Eileen as the mother.

Especially missing were: John, Mary and Jody along with a brief appearances from Crowley, Rowena, Charlie, Ellen and Jo (though technically their bar got a cameo) with Garth (in the bar, naturally), even Castiel and Jack very brief cameos just to shepard the series to its end.

The major problem was missing out on John and Mary, they both had their good byes before but this was Heaven, they should have been among the first to greet both Dean and Sam. Seeing what happened to Eileen and Jody, with Jody being the longest never-killed character in the entire series, would have been great too.

We can assume Sam married Eileen, they had Dean Jr but we never saw what happened between that brief out of focus shot and when Sam died. Presumably she died before he did or else she would have been there at the end like their son.

I get it with COVID19 interfering with the finale but it feels like a real missed oppurtunity to close out a 15 year run with just a tad more closure on the supporting cast.

Though I guess the bittersweet of it is we see that though Dean died, Sam lived, and he lived a long time. He got that family he wanted and needed, Heaven is better than it ever was, they both got to have peace and we see they are all together now for eternity.

Flash525 likes this.
  11. Gold Samurai Registered

No one suspected he'd go out so unspectacularly. It kind of reminds of that tv trope.

The core characters have finally earned some peace after a long battle with countless enemies. They go and do one random mission and that's the one that kills one of the team members for good.

javonstokess and Primal Slayer like this.
  12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Im surprised no one has done any interviews about the finale.

13. Holy Slapper Registered

No one?

14. Holy Slapper Registered

I think this girl's one of the biggest Supernatural fans on Youtube.

15. Holy Slapper Registered

The cover version that played at the end:

A year ago, they posted on the comments:

Now:

Prison Mike likes this.
  16. Holy Slapper Registered

17. javonstokess Registered

Deans has long said he'd die at the hands of some random monster. It's been foreshadowed frequently. Hell, they even had an episode in the 1st season where Dean essentially was supposed to die during a random case (electrocution) and got a "magical" second chance.

Holy Slapper likes this.
  18. Holy Slapper Registered

I think this was on Youtube comments: As soon as Chuck was defeated, Dean lost his plot armor.

Teelie, Prison Mike, Flash525 and 2 others like this.
  19. Erik20 Registered

This is what I was going to say. It makes sense for Dean to die like that during some random hunt since Chuck isn't writing anymore. (Even though when it happened I thought "No way! Lame.. Not like that... not after everything)

It's like that episode where they lost their plot armor and were trying to get it back. With Chuck gone, Sam and Dean turned into regular people instead of being "champions" who can survive almost anything.

Teelie, Prison Mike and Flash525 like this.
  20. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

This is what I'm thinking.

I mean don't get me wrong, I get why they did it, and I get that Chuck was giving them juice, but this was still a very lame and bittersweet way to not only kill Dean, but also to wrap up fifteen years of show.

Erik20 likes this.
  21. Erik20 Registered

Agreed. I'm fine with how they ended it, but I would've preferred a "big moment" for Dean. Like maybe sacrificing himself in the previous episode to get the win, something like that. (If you're going to kill Dean anyway) I know the random death makes sense because of the whole "no more plot armor" thing, but in the end it's still a tv show.

Actually, I might prefer last week's ending as a series finale with them just driving off into the sunset...

22. Holy Slapper Registered

Dean did telegraph since season 1 I think, that he was going to die by some random monster, instead of some big baddie.

23. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

People keep saying that, but there's no way they knew back in season one how they were going to end the show. He should've gone out in some blaze of glory though.

24. javonstokess Registered

It wasn't just in Season 1 though. Dean has literally been saying it every season. Go back and watch. He'll make an offhand mention that he knows some random freak will have his number. They have been, knowingly or not, setting his up for YEARS.

Also, Dean making some grand sacrifice misses the point. He's made grand sacrifice deaths for 15 years now. The point was to show that every hunter dies in the field at some point. I'm telling you folks, do a binge watch. That has been the overwhelming theme regarding hunters: Short lives, random deaths. It's why Dean would desperately ask Sam to go live a normal life if he died.

Teelie, Holy Slapper and wwkirk like this.
  25. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

And end up even more disappointed by the final? No thanks. :p

I'm not disputing or doubting your claim, I'm sure there have been an abundance of references, but they didn't have to follow through with them. Ellen wasn't young when she died, neither was Bobby, nor Jody. Not all hunters die young, and despite what may have been an intention, I still feel a little cheated by the way in which he died.