Supernatural

MvTrlrMsc, I don't think it's so much filler as the stucture of the show, the two brothers going after another myth/thing that goes bump in the night every week. I don't think it's gonna be really serialized like a Lost or 24. Sure they'll have episodes dealing with what happened to their father, mother and Sam's girlfriend, but it'll be more in the background for most of the series.

MvTrlrMsc said:
Looks like this show is going to have ALOT of "Filler" episodes that has NOTHING to do with the main overall story. Jeez I wonder what other show suffers from that

Like Smallville, parts of the overall story arc (Sam's gf's and mom's dying the same way and their missing father) will be revealed/talked about and then in the front is whatever urban myth/legend they'll encounter...

I'm officially hooked on this show. This week's episode was great, Black Sabbath, a Blues Brothers reference, a pretty cool story and Jensen Ackles actually acting. This is a really good show that I'm still surprised is on the WB, it's totally different from anything on that network.

This show is very entertaining.Looks like the WB has got a winner.Bloody Mary for next week looks really scary.

The bloody Mary episode does looks scary... she looks a little like Samara in The Ring Two.

They are going with the Mary Worth version.

I'm going to Mary Jane's grave site this summer on my supernatural road trip, obviously inspired by the show. Another version of Bloody Mary.

Also, another X-Files reference. Don't know how many could have caught it, "we don't have time for THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE speech." Not as evident as the Mulder & Scully reference, but still another X-Files reference which was awesome.

So, far:

PILOT
PHANTOM TRAVELER
DEAD IN THE WATER
WENDIGO

Triligors said:
They are going with the Mary Worth version.

I'm going to Mary Jane's grave site this summer on my supernatural road trip, obviously inspired by the show. Another version of Bloody Mary.

Also, another X-Files reference. Don't know how many could have caught it, "we don't have time for THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE speech." Not as evident as the Mulder & Scully reference, but still another X-Files reference which was awesome.

So, far:

PILOT
PHANTOM TRAVELER
DEAD IN THE WATER
WENDIGO

^Isn't the pilot called "The Woman In White"?

Did anyone notice that if you add up the numbers from the flight 2485 it comes out to 19.To all the Dark Tower junkies.

So, has anyone actually chanted bloody mary in front of a mirror before, and has there been any sucess?

It's called PILOT. Every beginning show of a series is called PILOT, the first law and order series episode? PILOT. The first Simpson's episode ever- PILOT. First X-Files, PILOT. It's the title for the beginning episode of every new series that comes around. It's just an interesting way to say "lift off" or
"beginning"

Triligors said:
It's called PILOT. Every beginning show of a series is called PILOT, the first law and order series episode? PILOT. The first Simpson's episode ever- PILOT. First X-Files, PILOT. It's the title for the beginning episode of every new series that comes around. It's just an interesting way to say "lift off" or
"beginning"

Actually not every beggining episode of a show is called Pilot it's just the Majority. Shows like Related, Killer Instinct and I think Prison Break didn't use Pilot as their first episode name. Correct me if I'm wrong.

^Few others too: Buffy (welcome to the hellmouth), Angel (City of) and Charmed (Something Wicca this way comes)

24: 12am to 1am
Firefly: Should've been Serenity, but was The Train Job
Undeclared: Prototype
Alias: Truth be Told

Alright, didn't know that. Just due to majority.... well, you get the picture.

Any way guys, we have finally made it. Supernatural is now a full season show and WB says it will have a long life. So, great job Kripke- keep up the nice work. In addition to all the cast, writers and crew.

Triligors said:
Alright, didn't know that. Just due to majority.... well, you get the picture.

Any way guys, we have finally made it. Supernatural is now a full season show and WB says it will have a long life. So, great job Kripke- keep up the nice work. In addition to all the cast, writers and crew.

^Cool,that is awesome news.

Great news to hear of Supernatural being picked up!

As I suspected, the Bloody Mary ghost was presented almost exactly like Sadako/Samara from The Ring, right down to her jerky movements as she dragged herself out of the broken mirror. Still pretty spooky though. I liked how Sam was not ready to tell Dean about
his psychic dreams foretelling his girlfriend's death
, but I hope that bit at the end doesn't mean that Sam is going to become some kind of "ghost whisperer" - there are too many of those on TV right now.

I hope that Supernatural comes up with more original plots for episodes instead of just trying to capture the feeling of already-existing Japanese-horror concepts or old X-Files episodes.

Next week looks like a doppleganger episode. Anyone remember Twin Peaks? ;)

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
So, has anyone actually chanted bloody mary in front of a mirror before, and has there been any sucess?

Ya, but the way it was told to me was that bloody Mary was a women who had lost her baby well pregnant and in her depression she committed sucide in her bathroom by cutting her wrist.
And you don't say just Bloody Mary, you say Bloody Mary I have your baby, three times well running your wrist under cold water in front of a mirror.

Another very good episode, like that they're slowing bringing he mystery of Sam's girlfriend's death into the plot of the show. Really liking the different supernatural urban legends being told. Only thing I didn't like about the episode was the horrible green/blue screen work for the car scenes, looked like something out of the '70s or early '80s, it was really bad.

The Lizard said:
As I suspected, the Bloody Mary ghost was presented almost exactly like Sadako/Samara from The Ring, right down to her jerky movements as she dragged herself out of the broken mirror. Still pretty spooky though. I liked how Sam was not ready to tell Dean about
his psychic dreams foretelling his girlfriend's death
, but I hope that bit at the end doesn't mean that Sam is going to become some kind of "ghost whisperer" - there are too many of those on TV right now.

I hope that Supernatural comes up with more original plots for episodes instead of just trying to capture the feeling of already-existing Japanese-horror concepts or old X-Files episodes.

Next week looks like a doppleganger episode. Anyone remember Twin Peaks? ;)

I see what you're talking about, but Mary's movements were way off, It was not creepy at all. Even though they made her seem like Samara, I thought it was a good thing that they did. It seemed familiar and yet unfamiliar at the same time. Im kinda disappointed of how they're ending the episodes though. Mary crawling out of the mirror could have had more impact and scare factor but there was no music to add to the scare, and her destruction, the sound effects felt as if nothing big was happening. I never thought I'd be one of those people to complain about it but now I see how important and effective background music is.

Next week's episode looks really boring. I think it will be one of the bad episodes next to "Phantom Traveler" which Imo is the worst episode. It wasn't even scary at all.

I thought Phantom Traveler was the most entertaining for some reason.

WeaponZ2 said:
Ya, but the way it was told to me was that bloody Mary was a women who had lost her baby well pregnant and in her depression she committed sucide in her bathroom by cutting her wrist.
And you don't say just Bloody Mary, you say Bloody Mary I have your baby, three times well running your wrist under cold water in front of a mirror.

As with any myth, there are lots of different variations on it.

The one I always heard was the bride one. I don't know how it went, but I know in that one Bloody Mary was a dead bride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"