Surivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites 2!

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Next season is Fans vs Favorites 2! Let the speculation on the cast begin!

ALLEGED PLAYER LIST:

Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites
Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines

If true it is VERY uninspired. Too many New Survivor players taken from the recent, post Heroes vs Villains seasons (which were very mediocre, Phillipines was the first good season since). Too much youth, not enough older players. In fact, I'd argue that the only legit all star on the list is [blackout]Malcolm[/blackout]. The rest are either incredibly weak/crazy players who were carried through the game for the sake of an easy opponent in final tribal council or are just entirely forgettable [blackout]Wasn't Francesca voted out first? Or did they just need a black woman for the sake of diversity and their go to black all star Cirie said no? And who the hell is Corrine? Also, how did the guy who won every Redemption Island challenge but the last one not make the cut?[/blackout] It almost feels like the producers are trying to give [blackout]Malcolm[/blackout] an easy win like they did Rob with Redemption Island. Very disappointing cast. Hopefully the new players are as good as the Philippines cast because the returnees are just straight pathetic.

Last edited:
That list stinks of BS to me. I'll believe CBS considers someone like [blackout]Francesca[/blackout] a "favorite" when I see it. I also can't see them not reaching back a little further than just a few seasons ago.

Thing is, the list came out four days ago before the Fan vs Favorite 2 thing was even announced. So if the scooper knew that, who is to say that their list is inaccurate?

Thing is, the list came out four days ago before the Fan vs Favorite 2 thing was even announced. So if the scooper knew that, who is to say that their list is inaccurate?

[YT]STgAV0xbyT8[/YT]
:csad:

The list of returning players actually leaked well before Phillipines even started airing on TV - it's legit.

Ugh! UGH!!!

CBS isn't even trying.

This is a horrible list of players, many of them I don't really remember and the ones I do remember (aside from
Malcolm
) where piss poor players who were NOT favorites.

Brandon came off as a bit of a psycho on his season, at times one really thought he would snap. Philip Sheppard was the most unpopular guy on his season and was pretty much universally hated by fans.

I so hope that this turns out to be a fake, if not then we are in for a pretty lousy season

They should call this one Fans vs. Non-Favorites

Maybe they thought it would give the Fans a more legitimate chance if they weren't in awe of the Returnees. If that's the case, they did good getting non-awe inspiring Returnees!

Yeah, this is like Fans vs. Losers

I think it feels more like a setup to get Malcolm a win.

This is a horrible list of players, many of them I don't really remember and the ones I do remember (aside from
Malcolm
) where piss poor players who were NOT favorites.

Brandon came off as a bit of a psycho on his season, at times one really thought he would snap. Philip Sheppard was the most unpopular guy on his season and was pretty much universally hated by fans.

I so hope that this turns out to be a fake, if not then we are in for a pretty lousy season

It almost reads like a list of villains. If they traded [BLACKOUT]Malcolm [/BLACKOUT]for [BLACKOUT]Abi[/BLACKOUT] it would be called Fans vs. least Favorites.

Last edited:
I'm surprised [BLACKOUT]Matt Elrod [/BLACKOUT] from Redemption Island isn't on the list.

There are a lot of players who deserve to get another shot more than these people. The only explanation I can think of that makes sense is that nearly everyone else declined the invitation to come back.

There have already been spoilers and boot list for next season.

Anyway, I'm not that interested in Survivor anymore.

Why must they keep bringing back past players?? They already had their chance to play.

I rather we have a brand new season with 16 new fresh castaways.

I'd be fine with this upcoming season if they re-titled it to "Fans vs Past Players Who You Wanted to See Kicked in the Head", and then actually had challenges where the Fans would get opportunities to kick them in the head. After they swapped Malcolm out for Abi, of course.

I'm very disappointed they went with another season with returning players. I'm done with the concept in general, but dislike it even more when they mix new with returning.

They're just going to the gimmick too much. Give us a season with an all new cast.

I am mixed. On one hand, new casts have a high risk, high reward. For every great new cast, there are about 3 or 4 seasons with entirely mediocre casts. Look at One World. We all kept asking for an entirely new cast after 3 straight seasons of returning players, we got one....and it sucked entirely. Meanwhile, this season had three returning players and it turned out pretty good.

My problem with Caramoan is that the returning players just suck. They are a bunch of turds.

For the most part, I agree, the returning cast is not looking too exciting. I will take them over another Boston Rob love fest, though (although, they might be setting up a similar situation with one of the returnees).

To be honest, if we have to deal with returning players, I don't mind seeing a couple of the nut jobs that are coming back.

They really should have come up with a different title than Fans vs Favorites.

My main problem is with three of the players: Hants, Sheppard and Francesca.

Hants seemed unstable and volatile on his season and I think that very few viewers liked him.

Sheppard was universally hated as far as I could tell.

Francesca was the first perso of her tribe! How can someone who lasted that short a time be called a favorite?

Still, I have to give them credit for having only players that are returning for the first time.

Alternative names:

Survivor: Fans vs. Survivor Losers

Survivor: Fans vs. Other Fans Who Just Happened to Get on the Show and Were Immediately Voted Off

Survivor: Fans vs. Flukes (but then you'd need the patron saint of Survivor flukes, Sandra Diaz Twine)

Survivor: Fans vs. The Players I Sort of Remember From That Really Bad Season

I like:

Survivor: Fans vs. Survivor Losers (except Malcolm).

Malcolm is the only one that did really well on his season (as far as I can remember) and played a good game.

I legitimately hope this season ends up being just such a ratings holocaust so CBS gets the clue that this lame gimmicky **** won't fly.

This cast is seriously appallingly bad. What are they thinking? Francesca? That ***** got voted out, what, second? Come on, now... get your head out of your ass, casting department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"