Surivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites 2!

I actually think the Fans cast is the bigger disappointment. I could be wrong, but I watched all the pre-game videos, and the Favorites are sooo much more engaging than the Fans it isn't even funny. You can at least tell why these people were cast in the first place. I cannot say the same for most of the newbies.

I also think you guys are seriously overrating Malcolm's chances. When they filmed this season, nobody else had seen Survivor Philippines. So when the Faves start making their day 1 alliances, he's probably gonna get left out of them because nobody knows who he is. :csad:

Wow, there are some "interesting" choices on the Favs tribe. Although, there are a couple that I won't seeing again (kind of in a train wreck sort of way) like Cochran and Sheppard.

Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Bad News Bears

Am I right or am I right? :o

I actually think the Fans cast is the bigger disappointment. I could be wrong, but I watched all the pre-game videos, and the Favorites are sooo much more engaging than the Fans it isn't even funny. You can at least tell why these people were cast in the first place. I cannot say the same for most of the newbies.

It was like that during the first Fan's vs. Favorites season. With the exception of probably Tracy, Erik, Kathy, & Jason the Fans were duds compared to the Favorites.

I think that new players always face an uphill fight for viewers approval when they are facing a lot of returning players simply because people usually prefer players they already know.

In my case it always takes at least 3-4 episodes before players really start to grow on me and I start rooting for someone. However, with returning players I can usually start rooting for someone right at the start. In this case it will almost certainly be Malcolm :)

From Cochran's pre-game EW interview:

Cochran said:
I was looking around all the CBS stuff to see if I could find a logo for the season somewhere because I’m dying to know what this season is subtitled because it sure isn’t being called Greatest Survivor Players of All-Time. I’m afraid it’s going to be some sort of unflattering thing like Dunce Island where we have to wear dunce caps instead of buffs or something.

Even the cast thinks that this cast sucks. :lmao:

Cochran's being genuine about it. Probst is trying to blow smoke up the audience's ass.

Pretty funny - Interesting thoughts by Cochran.

I'm still holding out hope. I like some of the wackos, even though I'm kind of done with returning players.

I used to be against returning players, but know I'm pretty much over that... I've moved on to being angry that the returning players are ABSOLUTELY bottom of the barrel.

I agree. I like that they are trying to keep it so that they aren't bringing the same people back over and over and focusing on some of the later seasons but they couldn't have gotten better people? Of this cast, I would honestly say that Malcolm, Cochran, Dawn, Erik & probably Brenda are the only ones worthy of the "Favorites" title everyone else is a throwaway.

They couldn't have got Sabrina? Taj? Holly Hoffman? Sash? Crazy Kat? Ken? There were so many better choices if they were trying to get some fresh faces to the returning players.

I think I'm starting to get excited about this season, probably just excited that a new season is starting up, though. I just hope this gathering of misfits provide some memorable moments.

They should've brought Jeff Kemp back. Then we could see if he'd continue his vendetta against returning players.

In All-Star seasons the newbies usually look either frightened or excited. In this season it was just like, "who?" Phillip is the only one who got any kind of reaction. :funny:

Francesca just said if she is voted off first again, she will eat a rock. No way they would've shown that useless throwaway confessional unless she is voted out first.

Francesca just said if she is voted off first again, she will eat a rock. No way they would've shown that useless throwaway confessional unless she is voted out first.

And the episode will end with the producers forcing her to honor her verbal contract to eat that rock. :o:up:

God, Andrea and Francesca are terrible at this game. Phillip's impressing me so far. He should've 100% been the first boot but instead he's just sitting back and letting the wannabe masterminds put targets on eachother with their sloppy overplaying.

Meanwhile on the Fans, the young pretty people are totally gonna get de-throned and it's gonna be hilarious.

Usually I root for the returning players, but I was happy to see them lose the challenge. That being said, it's a little hard to root for the fans as there's a couple of major morons over there. Hilarious that the marine was all on beardy for building a shelter instead of fire, then he just sat around on his a$$ being an a$$.

Not a bad start to the season. Here were some of my thoughts while watching:

- Like Matt, I saw the same reaction from the new players when the "favorites" we're introduced. There were a lot of "Who?" looks on those faces.

- Glad to see Philip is still nuttier than squirrel turds. Although, I am beginning to wonder how much of it is an act at this point. Last time he seemed genuinely screwy and this time he seemed to be playing up to his "character" a bit.

- I don't really know why, but I found it hilarious that Francesca was let go first again.

- I already can't stand some of the younger players on the fans' tribe. I don't even know their names yet, but the two that declared "we're the best looking ones out here" really turned my stomach. The two hooking up the first night were sickening as well.

Apparently this hit a premiere low last night.

Can't say it isn't well deserved. :o

Wow, the general public isn't feeling it with these "favorites", I guess. Not entirely surprising, even pretty faithful viewers would have trouble remembering some of the returning players.

Yeah, some of them had me going who? Corinn being probably the one I least remember.

That said I thought the season started of well, both tribes seem likely to be entertaining though I´m always surprised when minority alliances get formed like the one on the fan tribe.

I´m surprised that the returning players didn't target Cochran, his physically weak and unlikely to help the tribe to win challenges plus he might burn to death if he stays out there any longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"