Survivor: Philippines

I think that Russells tribe was unlucky in that half the tribe was physically weak. Zane was probably the weakest male player and both Angie and Roxy were really weak.

ON the yellow tribe it's crystal clear that RC made a huge mistake in who she placed her trust in. I forget her name but that little blonde is definitely the player I least like at the moment. I´m just hoping that Mike doesn't get voted out the first time they go to tribal.

So far I think this is shaping up to be a great season, there are a lot of interesting, capable players around so things should stay interesting.

Angie is a pretty good runner, almost certainly better than Zane. Russell should have had her run rather than Zane.

The Brazilian chick is my most hated as well. Just a super dumb player.

It's just strange watching RC and the Brazilian chick talk. It's like they're worst enemies, but for whatever crazy reason, they've decided to become this core alliance. And they don't get along AT ALL. I also love that the Brazilian chick claims she caught RC finding the clue when Blair was the only one around RC when she found it, and then RC purposefully went and found her "ally" to tell her about it. RC, not a good judge of character!

Wow. WOW!!!

Ho-lee ****!

Six tribe members down to two in the first four episodes. This has gone from funny, to sad, to PAINFUL!

There's no way they'll have those two as their own tribe after last night. They'll either send one of them to each of the other tribes...in which case they're both doomed, or my hope is they'll mix everyone up and create two new tribes....which would derail alot of people's plans.

As for the challenges, I thought you couldn't sit out the same people? Didn't a couple of the women sit out last week's episode also?

Our broadcast got bumped to 2 AM because of some local debate, so I didn't get to watch it. And for some reason CBS doesn't have any of its shows available On Demand, which is a pain.

There's no way they'll have those two as their own tribe after last night. They'll either send one of them to each of the other tribes...in which case they're both doomed, or my hope is they'll mix everyone up and create two new tribes....which would derail alot of people's plans.

As for the challenges, I thought you couldn't sit out the same people? Didn't a couple of the women sit out last week's episode also?

They've had two people tribes pre-merger before - Stephanie and Bobby Jo.

They've had two people tribes pre-merger before - Stephanie and Bobby Jo.

Forgot about that one. Still, I don't think they'll do that with this one. My opinion is they'll split them up. Then again, it might not even come to that if the previews are any indication and someone leaves due to medical or other reasons.

The rule is you can't sit out two challenges in the same episode. Since there's only one challenge per episode at the moment, they can sit out as many times as they like.

Sometimes they've used rules like "you have to play with equal numbers men and women", although they haven't done that this time for some reason. One theory is that they set up Russell's tribe to fail because they wanted Jeff Kent and Lisa Welchel to have an easy road to the merge.

One theory is that they set up Russell's tribe to fail because they wanted Jeff Kent and Lisa Welchel to have an easy road to the merge.

On what evidence? Russell's tribe wasn't pre-determined to fail. A large part of their failure came from not working well together as a team. It wasn't because they lacked strength or speed. Had they put Angie to run instead of Zane in the first challenge, they may well have won.

On another note, we don't know that there haven't been reward challenges. Even ascfar back as the first season, there have been unaired reward challenges.

I too thought that it was unfair that the other tribes could sit the same people out in back to back challenges, it just undermines the advantage of being able to vote out your weakest players and thus gain a little edge in the next competitions. I also feel that in physically taxing challenges it should be a rule that gender numbers be the same if possible.

As for the results, man I feel for Russell's tribe. It must suck so hard to finally get to be on Survivor and then lose at everything while getting rained on constantly.

As for next episode, I just hope that Mike hasn't managed to injure himself out of the game :)

The rule is you can't sit out two challenges in the same episode. Since there's only one challenge per episode at the moment, they can sit out as many times as they like.

Sometimes they've used rules like "you have to play with equal numbers men and women", although they haven't done that this time for some reason. One theory is that they set up Russell's tribe to fail because they wanted Jeff Kent and Lisa Welchel to have an easy road to the merge.

That's two things I've forgotten, thanks for the reminder. With the new set up of just one challenge, I think that rule should have been enforced. Maybe next time.

On what evidence? Russell's tribe wasn't pre-determined to fail. A large part of their failure came from not working well together as a team. It wasn't because they lacked strength or speed. Had they put Angie to run instead of Zane in the first challenge, they may well have won.

On another note, we don't know that there haven't been reward challenges. Even ascfar back as the first season, there have been unaired reward challenges.

Probst has stated in his blog that the 3 tribe set up has limited them to 1 challenge. It will increase to 2 when they merge or eliminate one tribe completely.

I too thought that it was unfair that the other tribes could sit the same people out in back to back challenges, it just undermines the advantage of being able to vote out your weakest players and thus gain a little edge in the next competitions. I also feel that in physically taxing challenges it should be a rule that gender numbers be the same if possible.

As for the results, man I feel for Russell's tribe. It must suck so hard to finally get to be on Survivor and then lose at everything while getting rained on constantly.

As for next episode, I just hope that Mike hasn't managed to injure himself out of the game :)

Most of his injuries this season have been the result of his being an idiot. The facemask, cutting his fingers with the knife, etc. Makes you wonder if he needs help crossing the street when he's in the real world.

I'm happy they separated Matsing and moved them to other tribes and even happier that it didn't result in them being targeted immediately for elimination. Just another reason I think these are some of the smarter tribes (at least so far) that we've seen in a while.

Dawson fawning over Jeff during this episode was carried way over the top with the awkward move of trying to act flirtatious while staring at Jeff in a creepy *** way after getting voted out. I thought she was going to try to kiss him full on the lips. Again...awkward.

All that aside, it has to be one of the biggest swings in power I've seen to date with both Dana and Dawson leaving. Katie has to be sick to her stomach.

In his blog, Probst was asked about Abi sitting out so many challenges and he said they were going to take a look at the rule about sitting out consecutive challenges, especially given the increasing number of single challenge episodes.

I never knew the consecutive challenge rule were per episode, so I was confused why the teams could continually have their girls sit out all the challenges. That put a huge disadvantage on the shoulders of the team that gets behind in numbers, as Matsing did.

Abi is the most useless chick in the world, with a bad attitude to boot. If I was Probst and she told me she only played in 2 competitions thus far, I would've been like "No, you're playing. Your team can find someone else to sit this one out."

Abi is the most useless chick in the world, with a bad attitude to boot. If I was Probst and she told me she only played in 2 competitions thus far, I would've been like "No, you're playing. Your team can find someone else to sit this one out."

Probst stated her attitude and comments have vaulted her into the top 10 most hated people on Survivor. He also said she'd be a shoe in for a "heroes and villains" show.

I was shocked at how kind Probst was to Dana. He is usually very cold to quitters. He was comforting to her.

I was shocked at how kind Probst was to Dana. He is usually very cold to quitters. He was comforting to her.

*Where ya been Matt?!

Yet another thing he addressed in his blog. He said she was in agony and he didn't blame her at all for leaving. In fact, he said he would have done the exact same thing. He didn't address exactly what was wrong with her afterwards except to say that she was "very sick".

It's one thing for him to consider other quitters pieces of crap, especially when they're walking and talking or sitting in tribal council, it's another thing entirely when they're curled up in fetal position on the ground.

Yeah, he's never been very hard on the people who were in actual physical pain, to the point where they can't even stand, much less go on in the game.

I'm not sure what game you've been watching, Matt...

This wasn't a Na'Onka situation or anything.

I was surprised that they had them vote someone out at tribal even with Dana departing due to her injury. Injury departures generally give the other castaways a reprieve for the week.

They probably had a double elimination planned at some point that can be downgraded to only one tribe going to tribal.

I was really glad to see that the old Matsing people managed to merge with their new tribes without being targets since I really like both players. I guess in a way that they were lucky that their loosing streak was so overwhelming that neither tribe had gone to tribal and thus never really had a show down with alliances and such. If either of the tribes had formed a proven voting majority block then things would have been a lot more difficult.

Have to say that I´m kinda glad that the women on the red tribe didn't manage to form an alliance if only because I´m really starting to like how Penner is playing the game and I think it would be a shame to lose him at this point. Sucks though that it had to happen with a med evac.

They don't normally have double boots on 18-person seasons, I don't think. Not since the introduction of the final 3. They only have 14 episodes, so to get to 5 people left by the finale you can only afford one person leaving each week. That's what they did last year, cancel TC when Kourtney and Colton got medevaced. The only thing I can think of is perhaps it's a final 2, but that would be a bit out of the blue.

Dawson really was awkward with Jeff P. I was thinking WTF. Up till this episode, Dawson seemed reasonable. I think she overplayed her hand (knowing about Jeff Kent's identity).

I really felt bad for Dana, but I don't think there was anything else that could have been done as she was in agony.

Malcolm has his swag on. I think he's in the driver's seat.

Katie from the red tribe is smoking. Never noticed her before last week's episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"