Survivor season 35: HvHvH

I'm hoping Chrissie, Ben, Ashley and Ryan get voted off soon. Cannot stand any of them.

Crossing my fingers that Devon, Lauren and Dr Mike make it to the final 3.

Ok, that was a great plan that Devon came up with. Having Ben be a double agent worked not only in fooling the people they were betraying but also fooled the two clueless guys and made them completely complacent.

This season may not be the best ever but this move was one of the more incredible outside ideas that actually worked that I remember seeing on Survivor.

I am however flabbergasted that they voted out JP instead of Ryan in that first tribal council. They knew that Ryan had an Idol and that he was completely clueless about what was happing and yet they didn't blindside him... That was some really bad strategic thinking right there.

Ok, that was a great plan that Devon came up with. Having Ben be a double agent worked not only in fooling the people they were betraying but also fooled the two clueless guys and made them completely complacent.

This season may not be the best ever but this move was one of the more incredible outside ideas that actually worked that I remember seeing on Survivor.

I am however flabbergasted that they voted out JP instead of Ryan in that first tribal council. They knew that Ryan had an Idol and that he was completely clueless about what was happing and yet they didn't blindside him... That was some really bad strategic thinking right there.

I think Devon will go soon, he is doing what Makayla did. He is showing how smart he is with all these strategies and he is likable.

I'm hoping Chrissie, Ben, Ashley and Ryan get voted off soon. Cannot stand any of them.

Crossing my fingers that Devon, Lauren and Dr Mike make it to the final 3.

Lol, what's wrong with Ashley?

I agree that getting rid of JP over Ryan was bewildering. Ryan not only had the idol, but he's smart and driven enough to scheme against those who betrayed him. JP hardly seemed to know there was a game going on around him.

Voting out Joe also seemed a little strange. He had goat written all over him and we received no indication he was planning to be disloyal to the new majority alliance.

They got rid of Joe because nobody likes Joe. Though I'd almost argue that Dr. Mike has gotten more annoying than Joe lately.

Ok, this episode did not go as I expected :)

Just goes to show that people really need to be careful about what they say and when they say it. Cudos to Ben for picking up that his name was being thrown around by his alliance members and a much larger cudos for showing everyone why you should always keep your hidden immunity idols hidden.

I don't understand why Mike, Crissy and Ryan voted Ben... They knew that Lauren, Devon and Ashley were a tight alliance and that they had an extra vote so at six they could vote out whomever they wanted. Ben on the other hand is without any friends at this point and probably would have gladly voted out Ashley or Devon at the next tribal.....

Props to Ben. I still want him gone, but like they said, that's what happens for keeping him for so long.

For a split second, when Ashley's dad came out, I thought that was Bruce Jenner (right before he became Caitlin.) Lol.

I hate how our US Survivor lacks twist during tribal council and just twist overall. Everything seems so formulaic the only "Twist" are HII and everyone knows they pop up right away once played. They never do a vote the person out but you don't actually vote them out the game but to the other team thing. They barely keep tribes around long enough for a reward to be ease dropping on loser tribes tribal.

Hmm, voting out Ashley didn't strike me as the right play in that situation. Dr. Mike would have been a much more sensible vote since he's much more likely to have solid jury votes on his side...

Ben once again manages to play an idol to safe himself and played it pretty well. I do wonder though if he was hoping to bluff the tribe and not actually play the idol, but Devon reminding everyone that Ben might not actually play it spoiled that move. It would have been a stupid gamble anyone since a split vote would almost certainly have happened.

There are too many idols. Ben should've gone home. At this point, he's the only one I really don't want to see win.

There are too many idols. Ben should've gone home. At this point, he's the only one I really don't want to see win.

For me, it's Chrissy.

Her arrogance and sense of entitlement in this game has always irritated me.

I was happy to see her deflated for a short bit, but that arrogance came back in bloom after her "final three" discussion.

At least Ben acknowledges he's in a fight and not entitled to anyone's loyalty by any means.

I give this season a D+ it was obvious [BLACKOUT]Ben[/BLACKOUT] was the winner with all the screen time. Also not sure why they even call the after show the reunion it was 15 freakin minutes. Jeff spends more time in the audience asking stupid questions to the crowd. I wish they just did an actual reunion online something like they use to do. Glad [BLACKOUT]Ben[/BLACKOUT] won over the other two but like most recent seasons I don't think I will remember they won in a few months. Season kind of felt like one big ad.

Last edited:
For me the fire making challenge was in favor of Ben and I am quite concerned by it. Also, I wanted Chrissy to win so that twist didn't sit well with me.

Anyway the season is really lackluster even if it got better in the later part of the season . and what's up with Jeff ignoring 3/4 of the cast in the reunion? Fitting for a lackluster cast IMO.

I enjoyed this season. Then came the twist. This season now sits beneath Redemption Island as the worst ever in my mind. That twist completely undermined the nature of the game.

[blackout]Ben was an awful winner who would've gone home a long time ago if not for all the idols he conveniently found. I smell riggage. Then again I didn't like Chrissy either so this result sucked all the way around.[/blackout]

Dear Survivor, please get rid of all the idols and twists, they're ruining the game.

Best player won.

Lol at people talking about rigging, when there is on screen proof that the game was rigged for Chrissy.

Go ahead and rewatch final immunity challenge. Look at the "S" in heroes. Upside down. And she still wins the challenge...

I thought this season was ok, and certainly the editing was done much better than in many other season in that they often had me guessing who was going home or which tribe was going to lose the challenge.

I disagree that the idols and twists are ruining the game. I think those things keep the show fresh and prevent an alpha strategy for how to play the game from forming. In the old days before them there was the simple strategy of making an alliance with five other people and hope to make it to the merge with the numbers, then vote out everyone not in the alliance before going after each other. This lead to some pretty boring episodes in many seasons.

That said, I did actually dislike the fire twist at the end. It just feels like it takes to much power from people who worked to get it by reaching the final four with allies or by winning immunity.

The twist was great, considering Chrissy was given the final immunity challenge win. She did the same thing Ben did in that challenge and won

I thought the season was really lackluster early on, but the last 3 or 4 episodes were great. The ending redeemed this season.

Best player won.

Lol at people talking about rigging, when there is on screen proof that the game was rigged for Chrissy.

Go ahead and rewatch final immunity challenge. Look at the "S" in heroes. Upside down. And she still wins the challenge...

I just double-checked since I still had it on the DVR, and you are right. The "S" in heroes is indeed upside down.

Well the twists actually made the season better which is another problem with the cast. This season holds the record for the biggest amount of hidden immunity idols (nine). Like if there were no extra vote, fire making twist, handing idols to someone, blocking a vote and just the usual planting of idols back at camp, this season would have been more lackluster. This season needed these twists. I think for Ben's case, he just got so many idols for an underdog that it made the audience root for him, but he can't even win a single individual immunity challenge.

As for Ghost Island, the logo is nice and the title is better than this one. But I am just sad that Survivor might permanently stay on Fiji and I wanted them to go to different places and countries and incorporate the culture/history/look of those countries in the seasons. We won't get to see that anymore. And just cringe with the title of the season. The twist sounds extremely gimmicky though at least they aren't bringing back old players so soon again.

Last edited:
I don't like that the HII goes right back in play after it is played. I wish they waited 2-3 tribals before tossing it back in. It just becomes a boring twist not a interesting one.

They seem to be trying to cater to this social media crowd with the lame open forum jury thing. I prefer each jury member having a question of their own.

Not into the fire making it is clear the winner will take the weakest person with them. I prefer a final 2 over a final 3 anyways as well.

As for Ghost Island, the logo is nice and the title is better than this one. But I am just sad that Survivor might permanently stay on Fiji and I wanted them to go to different places and countries and incorporate the culture/history/look of those countries in the seasons. We won't get to see that anymore. And just cringe with the title of the season. The twist sounds extremely gimmicky though at least they aren't bringing back old players so soon again.
Fiji is probably really really cheap for them. I don't think the shows budget and popularity is as high as it use to be. The show only goes on in Fiji and Samoa areas. I wish they went to Australia, Africa, or China again but I don't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"