Survivormania: Hype Survivor XXVII - Day 10 - Austin vs McMahon

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Mr. McMahon, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Hunter Rider Ronin

I can't make a final decision as only I am on right now. I apologize to all the players for this mess, at the end of the day I'd just like to say it's all Gilpesh's fault.....j/k ;) Truth is we made a snap call when he quit mid challenge and now we are in a no win situation, that's on us. For the record there are results but until I talk to Powder things will stay in this floaty void of uncertainty, sorry guys.

2. ComicChick I Work Too Much

thanks for the update Hunter

3. chaseter Esteemed Member

Powder is probably out having a good time while we are attacking the castle while Hunter is inside alone. Now open the door. Candy gram.

4. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Dude, come on. :csad:

5. ComicChick I Work Too Much

sadly, he's right in a way

survivor does tend to bring out the dark side of some of us. look at this thread for instance haha

6. Jennifer Walters Attorney at Law

Yeah, having been shown the PM sent to Gilpesh from Specter313, it was no way in a dickish message. It was more of just a pm asking him to bow down, wasn't even stated in an *******-ish way.

#106 Jennifer Walters, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  7. TEDDY Da BEAR!

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got til it's gone?

You paved paradise and put up a parking lot...

:csad:

#107 TEDDY, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  8. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Which is?

9. Darren Daring Registered

For the handful of games mentioned, it was standard policy to replace people early on, either with new players, or players who were voted out. IT usually happened within, oh, the first 5 days or so. In, I believe, the game someone mentioned with Kipobe and Draven in the finals a bunch of jury members quit and other people were brought in to vote(although not to be on the jury, if that distinction matters to you).

In Survivor 18, Glamorama! some people in the jury were kicked out and replaced with old players, although that was in the context of a challenge.

In Survivor 21, **** City, Matt kicked Union Jak out of the jury (for attitude problems, I think), and replaced him with the 10th man, the_dark_knight.

That's all the comes to mind, my records on this are relatively incomplete.

Many of these examples were poorly received and viewed as an unfair.

Other than Glamorama (In Which the replacement was, as I say, in the context of a challenge) I'm fairly sure that this would be the latest that an active player was replaced.

The vast majority of games, however, had no such replacement rule. If a player quit, then they were either removed form the game, or left to sit until they were voted out, with the latter example being more common.

10. Darren Daring Registered

Oh, and that thing where Badger just disappeared. I dont' really know how that turned out.

11. Majic Walrus Faster than an Iceberg.

Thanks!

12. JewishHobbit Registered

Hey Waterologist. Long time no see :)

13. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

After a long discussion on this matter we have come to the conclusion to go with what was our first instinct before anything was decided or discussed. We appreciate everyone's feedback and opinions, however we as the hosts have to make our own decision on the matter and to go with what we feel as best for the game.

This was not something we took lightly, but in the end we feel it is the best outcome. Although I am sure there will be those who will argue strongly after this and put up a stink about it. There would be no matter what decision so there is no winning in this situation. In the end we believe we have to stay true to the players who are still playing as a whole (not individually) in this game and what is the fairest situation to them. Some might fair better than others in having someone returned but there is no question that each player who is playing right now has a right to be here and deserve to make it to the merge.

Thus we have decided not to let anyone back in to replace Gilpesh. His resignation will serve as the player being removed this week. HOWEVER, this does not affect the outcome to the challenge in which both tribes willingly participated to the end. This challenge will not be used to remove anyone else from the game but who will get the next hidden idol clue. Afterwards we will proceed with the next day and move forward. We will not be announcing who participated nor who won the mini-challenge as it no longer has any relevance.

I am more than likely now paying for the grief I laid upon Matt in his survivors. I am sure Matt is somewhere nodding his head right now. Karma is a ***** and let it be a lesson.

14. Majic Walrus Faster than an Iceberg.

Yay! It's over! Now we can move on!

15. ComicChick I Work Too Much

he got his highest placing in the game of all the times he's played and hasn't been back yet :(

16. ComicChick I Work Too Much

sounds very good to me POWder, i appreciate you hosts discussing it and coming to a viable outcome

so let's get to happier times and see some results :awesome:

17. Watson Ninja delivery girl

Good decision Pow :up:. For what it's worth, I think you and HR have done an excellent job so far handling the game.

18. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

Well, NYS said he didn't do it. I didn't do it. SF said he did. So you guys would have gotten SF back.

So you dodged a bullet there. :up:

19. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Thank you everyone, but Hunter was as much as part of the decision as I was. I am only the one who posted it.

We will post the results shortly.

20. ComicChick I Work Too Much

yay for results

on a side note, i am semi pretty proud of the avvy i created for this challenge. its something i'd like to learn so it gave me a chance to try it out

21. Mr. McMahon Billionaire!

[​IMG]Well lets get this done.

First off Smackdown:
    Supporters in the thread
    36 points

Supporters in avvys
    10 points (although no one pmed anything to me, I was gracious enough to find SF and justabill)

Total of 46 points so far

Raw Tribe:

Supporters in the thread
    48 points

Supporters in avvys
    25 points (Jal, the squirrel, CrashNburn, Spiderman Luvr, bnightwing)
    10 bonus points – for submitting avy on time and all wearing avy

Total of 83 points so far

Judging results coming up next...

22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I was a zombie killing machine :o

That game was IMPOSSIBLE when I was doing it on a laptop though. I was only able to finish it when I got access to someone's desktop briefly. My wrist still hurts from doing it on the laptop though :csad:

23. Mr. McMahon Billionaire!

Here were the two avvies submitted:

Raw
    [​IMG]

Smackdown
    [​IMG]

The Judges were...

Dog Lips, Iron Fist and The Guardian.

With a unanimous decision....

Raw gets all three judge supporters.

Which means...

Raw is your challenge winner!!!

24. Mr. McMahon Billionaire!

In case you wondering Smackdown, yes you had a penalty, but it didn't affect the outcome of the results so I didn't bother posting it.

25. ComicChick I Work Too Much

wow i totally guessed the guest judges wrong