Hype Survivor Survivormania - Hype Survivor XXVII - Day 17 - Triple Threat!

Oh it's family tradition. I can't yell my child's name until I at least accidently shout out the other kid's name and at least one pet's name before getting it right.

"Dang it Paige... Galaxy... Kelsey... AHHH! CORNER!"

How people manage a first, middle, AND last name first try is beyond me.

The final two is almost here!

One click...two posts....gotta love the hype lately..

I was convinced it was Twilight. I went through every page of every Twilight thread on the Hype.

Disapponting :(

Rambo sucks.

I thought it was new moon and Italy is where its going to take place.

I thought V was for vampire or volturi. Blood again vamps

Glad I didn't bother looking I wouldn't have ever thought of rambo

Where did 'Yo' fit into the Twilight scheme?

"YO ADRIENNE!"

I assume.

EDIT: Nevermind, LOL I thought you meant in the whole scheme not specific to Twilight.

"Yo Edward, I really love your sparkle"

Ok guys, sorry about the wait, results coming up but first here are the three entries.

Entry 1 - Colossal Spoons:

brutusz.jpg

Name: Brutus "The Hammer" Blackhart

Theme:

Bio:

Age - 27

Height - 6 feet 3 inches

Weight - 245lbs

Hometown - Niagra Falls, NY

Brutus was a student at Stu Hart's famous wrestling school "The Dungeon" for a few years until it was shut down and sold in 2003. He was then taken under the wing of former Hart Foundation member Jim Neidhart, where he trained for the next 5 years. In 2008, he was signed by Vince McMahon and sent to a developmental training camp and recently promoted to live TV. He is currently on Friday Night Smackdown as the 4th member of the newest Hart stable "The Hart Dynasty". Brutus uses Jim's entrance theme as a tribute to his trainer and has his sights set on moving to Monday Night Raw someday to get a piece of Shawn Michaels to get revenge for the infamous Montreal Screwjob. Despite his height and size, Brutus is a very experienced technical wrestler but also has a wide array of power moves in his arsenal.

Promo: http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mId=31803408.2

Entry 2 - AndThePickles:

temptress.png

Jackie "Temptress" Knight emerged from the depths of hell one hot summer's night after she became fed up with watching cheerful, talentless Divas fail at wrestling. Known by some as the "Anti-Diva," she uses her sex appeal only to defeat her male opponents who support the Divas. Perky blondes who can't wrestle are declared her mortal enemies.
After thoroughly whipping her opponents, Jackie uses her finisher, Hell's Gate, to bring each match to a painful end. With her continuous acts of evil and Diva-stalking, this is one heel who will never turn face.

Entrance music:

Promo: http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mId=31807241.2

Entry 3 - JewishHobbit:

The mysterious woman:
Survivor02.jpg

The mysterious woman's ring attire (without ripaway dress and coat)
Survivor01.jpg

This unknown woman mysteriously showed up in the ring to aid the Undertaker against John Cena, but as the Undertaker nodded to thank her she turned on him as well, appearing conflicted while doing so, and fleeing before finishing the job.

Not long after she was spotted in the rafters watching a match featuring Undertaker and Kane against Degeneration X, and though she was spotted, she never interfered.

A week later, as Kane battled Triple H, this woman appears once again near the entrance, simply watching. She would take steps forward but would think twice and return… not daring to enter the ring. Kane spotted the woman, confused, and Triple H took the initiative and turned the match to his favor. Just as this happens, Stephanie McMahan was shown frustrated by this female enigma and left to set her straight. As she confronts the woman, Kane turns the match back into his favor. Stephanie slaps the new mysterious woman and she returns with a kick to Stephanie’s abdomen. Both Kane and the mysterious woman lifted their opponents, Triple H and Stephanie McMahan, positioned them, and tombstoned them into the ground. Both stared at one another as the crowd went nuts and the commentaries screamed over what they had just seen. As the woman disappeared through the curtains, Undertaker was seen in the back running to find the enigma, but he enters the arena, having found no sign of the girl.

Now, after several weeks of such appearances, the Undertaker is becoming increasingly frustrated by the masked woman. However, Kane, suspecting the woman’s identity, continues to hold the Undertaker back. The two brothers have had a rocky relationship through the years, having only recently come to terms, but now their new alliance is becoming strained. Having had enough, the Undertaker decides to take matters into his own hands and hunts the girl down in the back of the arena. Realizing what he’s doing, Kane sets out to stop him. Undertaker finds the girl and she runs, though getting some good licks in. Kane interrupts and a fight breaks out, in which Kane knocks the Undertaker out. He then follows the girl into the arena, stopping at its entrance with the girl now standing in the ring.

Kane – “Are you the daughter of Kane?!”

The woman says nothing but her soft music begins to play as a cold chill shows on the titantron. The name ‘Prodigal’ is shown.

And as Kane shakes his head, possibly showing emotion for the first time in a very long time, Prodigal begins to speak in a raspy, almost mechanical voice (use your imagination here)….

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

(In case you just want to read it)
“I was left with no name, and no life. This face… I hide as to not see the reminder of the father who once deserted me. You, Kane, it is you who I hate. Your brother… he is family, and so I hate him as well. I will not rest until the both of you are destroyed, as you have destroyed me. I was left with no name, but have adopted the title of Prodigal… for I have returned, not for joyous reunion…. But to destroy.”

It is then that the Undertaker appears from behind Kane and their fight continues while Prodigal vanishes into the shadows of the arena.

In the weeks to come, Prodigal began appearing more often. Her entrance, similar to her family’s entrances, comes in darkness as her music begins soft, before slowly erupting in dark-purple fire as the song picks up and she walks toward the ring slowly, but with purpose.

She is assigned matches and fights in similar fashions as her father, destroying all in her way… and all the while playing mind games on both Undertaker and Kane, her quest to destroy her family becoming more dangerous with each passing week.

Judge 1:

Marx said:
I have to say that this challenge was alot of fun to judge. I am a huge wrestling fan and some of these took me back to my childhood. As with the last challenge, some were better than others, but everyone did a good job overall!

Congratulations to making into the Final Three!

Entry #1

Creativity/Workability - 8/10
Biography - 7.5/10
Quality of Promo - 7.5/10

Total Score: 23/30

Comments: I really love that you created a story around the Hart family. (I grew up watching the Hart Foundation and am a huge fan of theirs.) I also like that you chose one of Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart's themes as your character's theme. The only problems that I really have are the name (there is only one Brutus in the WWF/E and that is Beefcake) and the idea of someone not being releated to the Hart clan/Neidharts in the Hart Dynasty. (I know you could argue that Tyson Kidd is not related to a Hart, but he is involved with Nattie Neidhart and has been for quite some time.) The ring attire also fits perfectly with the Hart color scheme.

Overall, very well done.

Entry #2

Creativity/Workability - 7/10
Biography - 7/10
Quality of Promo - 7/10

Total Score: 21/30

Comments: I can certainly understand the character's frustration with the state of the divas. (Outside of Mickie James, Melina, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, and Nattie Neidhart, they are horrendous.) That being said, the outfit reminds me more of a superhero than a wrestler. I would imagine something like this being taken as seriously as Hurricane Helms or Mighty Molly. I do love the theme song though! Manson's version of 'Sweet Dreams' is amazing! (It's a shame that your video is disabled and I couldn't listen to it.)

Overall, the idea of being an 'anti-diva' is very interesting and could definitely work. I just think that the outfit throws it off.

Entry #3

Creativity/Workability - 9/10
Biography - 10/10
Quality of Promo - 10/10

Total Score: 29/30

Comments: What can I really say? This is as close to perfect as you can get. I love all of the detail that went into this. You have a great backstory, a great theme, and you designed an entrance attire and a ring attire.

My bias towards the Undertaker and Kane aside, this was very well done. I only took off the one point because I felt that the outfit should be primarily black.

Judge 2:

Matt said:
Entry 1:

Part 1 - The design is Mr. T meets Brett Hart. Might've worked in the 80s or early 90s...now though? Just not feeling it. 1/5 or 2/10

Part 2 - Frankly, I'm just not sure that the character sounds all that interesting. His desire is revenge for something that happened 15 years ago? Plus I hate the whole, "I'm the kid/protegee/enemy/whatever vague connection of a pre-exisiting character," thing. It lacks originality. However, its not all bad as the theme music works I suppose, even if it is just a repeat of Jim Hart's.

5/10.

Part 3 - I actually like this and could see it working. 8/10.

Total = 15/30

Entry 2:

Part 1 -I like this design. The whole dominatrix thing vibe it gives off can definitely work in the context of the WWE.

9/10

Part 2 - Very fitting, the anti establishment nature of Manson fits this character well. Plus the character seems fairly interesting. The whole "Take on men," thing has been done with Chyna, but her reasoning seems unique.

8/10

Part 3 - Brief, to the point, pretty much how the WWE would do it with a diva superstar (unless she was y'know, getting naked, that seems to be the only time they linger on them). No words are wasted, I like that. It fits the character. It leaves something to be desired, but in a good way, I think.

8/10.

Total = 25/30

Entry 3:

Part 1 - Its actually not a bad design. Almost like a female Ray Mysterio. I like the homage to Mexican wrestling (Assuming thats what you were going for)

10/10

Part 2 - This is where you lose me. While I like the theme song, I hate the plot. Like I said for entry one, I hate connections to already exisiting characters and I feel like this is about as much as they come. Daughter of Kane? Please. Plus your bio focuses more on Undertaker and Kane than her.

1/10

Part 3 - Again, just not feeling it. The dialogue is cliched and its all linked to the daughter of Kane thing which as I said, I feel is flawed.

1/10.

Total = 12/30

Judge 3:

Soap said:
Ok, here's my scores:

Entry 1
Part 1: 7/10
Part 2: 6/10
Part 3: 2/10

Total = 15/30

Entry 2
Part 1: 1/10
Part 2: 6/10
Part 3: 2/10

Total = 8/30

Entry 3
Part 1: 5/10
Part 2: 8/10
Part 3: 6/10

Total = 19/30

Now for the tallied up totals!

Colossal Spoons - 23 + 15 + 15 = 53/90
AndThePickles - 21 + 25 + 8 = 54/90
JewishHobbit - 29 + 12 + 19 = 60/90

So it's congrats to JewHob, he is into the final!!

which of the Hype's first couple will join him in the final!? :wow:........Tribal PM's will be sent soon.

:wow: Congrats JH on your first individual immunity which came at the most crucial time in the game. :up:

Since ATP/Spoons' votes cancel each other out, the only person that will need to vote will be JewHob.

Who is Soap, and how the hell did I deserve such low scores with zero explanation?

Big congrats to JewHob, it looks like you put a LOT of effort into this one :up: :up:

I liked yours Pickles. I would've given it a 10 in design if not for the spear which I don't really think would work in the context of WWE. Perhaps a whip would've been better and fit the whole dominatrix theme I thought you were going for...was that intentional btw or does my mind just go sleazy places? :cwink:

I liked JewHob's design. It felt like a Mexican luchador diva. Unfortunately the story lost me. I'm honestly suprised my colleagues enjoyed it as much as they did (no offense JewHob. I'm just a bit baffled about Marxie criticizing Pickles' design as being unable to be taken seriously and comparing her to Mighty Molly while giving yours such a high score despite the fact that it seems even more outlandish). I liked the design a lot. It was just my pet peeve with the story that ruined it for me. At any rate, congrats pal :)

I was going for dominatrix, yes lol. The trident was supposed to be 'cause she's from Hell :O Also, Marx should know that the website we had to use to design WAS a superhero creator website, haha. It didn't give much to work with that looked very "wrestling."

I was going for dominatrix, yes lol. The trident was supposed to be 'cause she's from Hell :O Also, Marx should know that the website we had to use to design WAS a superhero creator website, haha. It didn't give much to work with that looked very "wrestling."

I see. Glad to know I'm not a perv and it was the artists intent. :cwink:

:facepalm:

Not b/c of ATP's post above

Is it because of my judging? Come on man, you ripped off Brett Hart's costume design exactly :cmad:

Is it because of my judging? Come on man, you ripped off Brett Hart's costume design exactly :cmad:

Some of the comments on my guy contradictory, but no use crying over spilled dairy products.

And for the record, Mr.T wasn't the inspiration for my guy's hair. I know you must have seen that picture of me w/ the mohawk by now? haha

Some of the comments on my guy contradictory, but no use crying over spilled dairy products.

And for the record, Mr.T wasn't the inspiration for my guy's hair. I know you must have seen that picture of me w/ the mohawk by now? haha

I've not :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"