Survivormania - Hype Survivor XXVII - Day 17 - Triple Threat!

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by POWdER-man, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Marx Pixelated

Well that certainly explains the 'superhero' look then, doesn't it? Now that I look at it...it was the same generator used in the other challenge I judged. [​IMG]

All that being said, I just couldn't get into the look at all. I LOVED the concept of an 'anti-diva', but the look reminded me of Mighty Molly and Hurricane Helms. (Which were in the WWE for comedy.) The outfits in the other two submissions I could actually see as wrestlers.

Matt and 'Soap'...your scoring was brutal! I mean, ****. I thought my scores were low...who knew I was the one being generous. :funny:

And bad form to 'Soap' for not explaining those scores. :down

2. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

I know who they are, I watch wrestling :up:

It unfortunately isn't the look I would have liked to have at all. I know what I wanted in my head, but there was nothing similar in that program :csad:

At any rate, I have no issue with your scoring...only that mysterious "Soap" person :cmad: This is quite possibly the most important challenge in Survivor, so to score everyone that low with zero explanation is ridiculous.

3. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

4. JewishHobbit Registered

WOOHOO!

Wow, that's awesome :)

Well, if I was to win only one challenge I'm glad it was this one :)

Good job to Spoons and Pickles though, I was worried the whole time. And no hard feelings Matt, not everything clicks with everyone.

Should I send my decision for who goes to final 2 with me to you guys or should I post it here?

5. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

That's the thing everyone got low scores with Soap. While Soap gave you only an 8, he only gave JH 19 (11 point difference), while Matt gave you a score of 25 and giving JH a score of 12 (difference of 13).

6. ComicChick I Work Too Much

will soap reveal themself?

7. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

"Soap" is a hype member.

8. JewishHobbit Registered

Okay... per Powder's PM I'll go ahead and reveal who I'd like to take to the finals with me.

Now this was a difficult situation because I'm very close with both Spoons and Pickles, so I couldn't choose based on friendship alone. I feel that both players have played equally good games so the idea of taking whoever I felt deserved it more wasn't helping me out either... so I chose to go with selfish reasons.

We all join this game to have fun, but primarilly, to win. And so I started thinking about who I feel would do best against me in the final 2. I think that no matter who I choose it'll be a close vote but I'm choosing the person who I feel I may have a sliiiiightly better chance at defeating in final 2.

That said, the person I am choosing to take with me into the final 2 is....

Colossal Spoons

sorry Pickles :(

9. ComicChick I Work Too Much

well yeah i assumed as much :p

10. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

....and with that ATP is the final jury member ans will join the remaining jury members to help decide the winner of this Survivor. It was a pleasure to have you as a player and you played a great game and made it is as far as you could without being in the Finals.
    I am sorry to do this to you ATP but you have been eliminated...

[​IMG]

You deserved a better send off. :)

11. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Colossal Spoons vs JewishHobbit

So now the power is in the hands of the Jury. Lets see how much sucking up can be done. :heart: Jury members expect a pm tonight. Each finalist will also get a chance to state in the Finals why they should be this Survivor's winner. Good luck to the both of you.

12. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

Not surprised whatsoever. Good luck to both of you! :up:

13. JewishHobbit Registered

Do the Jury members get to ask questions or anything like that? It's been a while since I played.

14. JewishHobbit Registered

By the way... I totally have a mohawk now :)

It isn't at all in my personality, but I think that makes it a lot more fun :)

15. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i hope so:woot:

16. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

17. JewishHobbit Registered

Well, the Halloween Party ended up being a lot of fun.

Me as Rorschach
    [​IMG]

My friends Ryan & Cindy as Movie Nightcrawler and Comic Book Rogue
    [​IMG]

Rorschach playing Pitch with some of he guys
    [​IMG]

Everyone who dressed up (minus my wife... who was Rev Run from Run DMC)
    [​IMG]

18. JewishHobbit Registered

And just for fun... Nightcrawler and Rogue up there... this is them from last year...

[​IMG]

19. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

Now that I'm on the jury, I can voice my complaint about this challenge: I think that it was very unfair to have this important of a challenge based off of judge's scores. Something where everyone had to earn points, etc. would've been a lot more fair.

Those pics are AWESOME, Jewhob!!! Everyone's costumes turned out great. :up:

20. chaseter Esteemed Member

So this challenge was exactly like design a superhero but it was design a wrestler???

21. AndThePickles Kiss the girl

Pretty much, only you had to have a promo.

22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Congrats JewHob on the win, and Spoons for being chosen :up:

I can't wait to follow the final 2 Q & A you guys are bound to get

23. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

We are still waiting on a couple of Jury members to send in their questions. They have been pm'ed a second time so third step is to light a fire under their asses. :cmad:

ATP: I am not going to go into too much detail but the final challenge was originally going to be a gauntlet/endurance challenge. We had two ideas. One was to complete a variation/nod to each challenge used throughout this survivor and the other idea was to provide additional challenges with this design challenge (a trivia challenge, a game challenge, a skill challenge, a popularity/persuasion challenge, etc) and combine the scores from each challenge. This would have taken a person several hours of work to complete. You mentioned about having a hard time fitting in this challenge but I can guarantee you wouldn't have had time to finish these ones.

24. Hunter Rider Ronin

Sorry Andrea, I meant to address this the other day, I can see your point but just about every type of challenge comes with an element to it that can be questioned, we felt this challenge fit the theme and gave everyone the same tools to work with so it didn't favour anyone.

25. JewishHobbit Registered

What Jury members are we waiting on?