Survivormania - Hype Survivor XXVII - Day 18 - The Main Event! (Finale)

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Mr. McMahon, Oct 29, 2009.

1. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Actually JH only missed the grid challenge. You got eliminated the first week so I am not surprised you didn't know.

2. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

When the **** did I say that? :awesome:

I'm just saying shame on everybody for letting that happen.

3. JewishHobbit Registered

Yeah, I came in at the end of Day 1... so it's not like I got an easy ride into the game or anything. Heck, while you guys were playing Day 1, I was working with Powder and Hunter on creating "the Unknown" and all the rules of his character and such. So while I didn't play the challenge on Day 1, I was most certainly active the whole game.

Oh... and just so Chase and the others know, I did not reveal my identity to anyone before it was guessed. If I did then most likely Spoons or Pickles would have had the Idol, not Spider-Fan. I actually intended to run with the Mask for a while but completely forgot my AIM name was connected to the hype. Oh well. I usually have one stupid move per game and fortunately, that was it for this game. I'll take it!

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Star I knew was allied with Movies at that point in the game, and I went into the game thinking we were tight, and then she ignored me when I asked her something, and she didn't send me any pms during the tribe part of the game when we were not in the same tribe, so I thought she wasn't allied with me anymore. I apologize for the move Star, but I was scared you were after me :csad:

5. Darren Daring Registered

Well, it's incredibly difficult to play 4 games and not be in the top 100.

You, much more than anyone else, came closest to achieving that.

6. Watson Ninja delivery girl

Congrats Hob. I came into this vote completely undecided on who to vote for to win, but you really won me over with your answers (sorry spoons).

I'm glad to see my Survivor score went up despite a poor showing IMO. Honestly, I have no clue how I lasted as long as I did in this game. I thought for sure I wasn't going to make the jury.

Chase, SF, is your game going to be here or LSP?

7. Majic Walrus Faster than an Iceberg.

I was only really tight with Gilpesh, it's all his fault I lost. :cmad:

8. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

SHH, so stay tuned Hypsters. This is going to be a game I think will be popular here :cwink:

9. chaseter Esteemed Member

Yeah, Gilpesh threw a kink into our game plan. I honestly thought that us 4 would have been top 4 had he not done that.

10. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I wanted to help you! :cmad:

:heart:

11. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I don't know about that, cause the other alliance was still strong. But, it would have been close and I at least would have made jury, and you probably would have gotten further since I'd assume I would have been the first target by them in the jury rounds.

12. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

:cwink: and after 5 games, I be out of the top 100.

Who keeps track of all of the stats and rankings for Survivor on here?

13. ComicChick I Work Too Much

she was out of town

14. ComicChick I Work Too Much

wouldn't have happened

15. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I know that, but then Kal and others told me she was pming them. And since I didn't hear from her myself, I thought something was up. Should have up front talked to her early in the game, but I had a bunch of things going on in the early going, so I kind of never got around to it. That hurt me bad long run :csad:

16. ComicChick I Work Too Much

Brodie does the science, Erz the grids, and i guess i'll be gridding it up now

17. chaseter Esteemed Member

So did you get hired as a psychic for your 4th or 5th job?

18. JewishHobbit Registered

Nah. If memory serves Gilpesh was going home the week after he quit, or maybe it was that same week... don't remember. I know that it was definately decided that he was target #1 after merge if he made it that far. He and Movies were the hardest to predict this game, so they were the main ones I wanted to see gone.

I tried to pull Gilpesh into my plans so we could work together but he was so distant that I knew it wasn't going to work out, sadly.

19. ComicChick I Work Too Much

our alliance stretched out a lot further. there's no way at least 2 of the final 4 wouldn't have been from our alliance

20. chaseter Esteemed Member

"Our alliance"? As I recall, they booted you:huh:

I am not saying I know that it would happen, but I really thought it would. Our worst case scenario, before Gilpesh went crazy, was a tie in votes at merge. That included Watson. I thought JewHob was playing the fence between Spider-Fan and Spoons and went to the greener pastures, which is fine. I thought SF could get him. If not, we would go into a tie breaker challenge where we were going to vote off a weak player from the other alliance in hopes y'all would vote off one of our stronger players. Hence, us winning the tie breaker challenge and then being in control. I thought that was going to happen before Gilpesh.

#195 chaseter, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  21. ComicChick I Work Too Much

everyone in the jury was allied in some way except you. gilpesh wanted to vote of SF, and he succeeded. the best and worst part about survivor is you never know whats going to happen and who's going to go.

just because i was voted off doesnt mean i wasn't part of the alliance. i didn't make any agreements past a final four with anyone, except the person i spoke to before the game. i wasn't playing to win, i played for jury and i got that, so success in my eyes.

i was allied with everyone who stayed in after me and allied with the person who won, so i'm happy. im the kind of person where if i dont win, i want someone who worked with me to win.

hence the second challenge Spec won, i helped him on that because a) we were allies b) he helped me on other things so i returned the favor c) he was the only one who asked me lol. if any of the others wouldve asked, i would have helped them too. didn't matter much cuz he had most of it already anyways

22. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Our alliance was 'uge, especially post merge. Getting rid of "everybody else" wasn't hard at all.

23. ComicChick I Work Too Much

this was probably the first game i played where i actually liked every single player in it :up:

24. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

I'm ready for The Mole

25. chaseter Esteemed Member

Majic, Watson, and myself weren't...you told me that and the voting off order proves that. As we thought would happen at the time, Gilpesh, SF, Majic, myself, and Watson were tushe 5 against CC, Spoons, Bamfer, Pickles, and JewHob. That is had Spec gone instead of SF. We were going to vote Bamfer because he was never on and would thus miss the tie challenge.

It is all theoretical and no one can say it wouldn't happen over something else but SF and I truly thought it would work out that way.