The Rise of Skywalker SW: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - The Rotten Tomatoes thread

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
rotten-tomatoes-blackred-content-2018.png

I'm guessing between 80-90. After reading the first reactions, it looks like there is a LOT of story crammed into this thing, but Disney isn't going to let those numbers drop below 80% for "the final chapter". Not conspiracy-theorist or anything...but it's just how it is.

I guess the safer bet would be 80 - 90. Maybe hitting lower to mid 80's.
I'm going to be a bit bolder in my predictions and say 70 - 80 range.

Regarding the Average Rating i would say 7.4 out of 10.

It’s quite unlikely this movie will be rotten but I certainly don’t expect the reviews to be as glowing as either Force Awakens or even TLJ. A score somewhere in between them is my best guest at the moment.

I will be genuinely surprised if this movie is under the 75-85% range. Say whatever you will about J.J’s shortcomings as a filmmaker, but he knows how to make movies that are entertaining enough for many to give it a pass.

Last edited:
I mean, I don't even think the more negative reactions are saying it's a flat-out bad movie. Most are saying it's a crowd pleaser, and those types of films tend to have high RT scores, even if critics aren't falling over themselves with praise.

I'm going to say 85-87ish.

I don't see this faring higher than an 80-85.

60-70%, my hopes aren't high for this one. Some people flat out said they didn't like it.

I think it ends up somewhere between the 70's-80's. Likely at the higher end.

I voted 70-80 but it's up in the air really.

A lot of the reactions aren't even RT critics so that makes it more up in the air.

What episodes VII and VIII deserved to receive ... no more than 55%.

Between 80-89 % is my guess

I'm in the 60%-70% range--prepared for the worst, hoping for the best.

It's going to be a nice 92%. With the summary, "Fun and enjoyable, J.J. Abrams manages to craft a satisfying conclusion to the nine film saga."

I don't see this movie being critically impaled. It'll be a very fine, fun, effective, inoffensive movie where you'll walk out saying you liked it and then a week will go by and you'll realize the movie's actual flaws like a typical Abrams movie. We've been down this road too many times before.

Yeah I'm still in the low 80's range too. Probably right around Rogue One's 83%.

How many hours before the RT score reveal?

I predict around 80%.

The reviews come out tomorrow right?

I'm seeing more and more negative tweets from RT approved critics.

I've been getting Justice League vibes about this whole thing for the past 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"