DC TV Series Sweet Tooth (Netflix)

Dania Ramirez Joins ‘Sweet Tooth’ As Netflix Series Eyes Production Start In New Zealand – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Dania Ramirez (Tell Me a Story, Devious Maids) is set to co-star inSweet Tooth, Netflix’s new drama series based on the DC Vertigo comic, which hails from Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey’s Team Downey, Jim Mickle, Beth Schwartz and Warner Bros. TV.

Ramirez is part of the series’ core series regular cast, which includes Christian Convery, Nonso Anozie and Adeel Akhtar. Will Forte has a recurring role, while James Brolin serves as the narrator.

Along with fellow new Netflix series Cowboy Bebop, Sweet Tooth was among of a handful of Hollywood TV series and movies to be granted border exemptions by the New Zealand government several weeks ago, a crucial step for any overseas production to be able to film in the country, which has largely eradicated COVID-19.

Netflix is not confirming but I hear the tentative plan is for the cast to travel to New Zealand in August where they will self-isolate for two weeks ahead of a potential Sept. 7 start of production. Most filming plans by the major studios amid the coronavirus pandemic are contingent on reaching an agreement with the unions, which is still being negotiated.

The eight-episode Sweet Tooth follows the adventures of Gus (Convery) — part deer, part boy — who leaves his home in the forest to find the outside world ravaged by a cataclysmic event. He joins a ragtag family of humans and animal-children hybrids like himself in search of answers about this new world and the mystery behind his hybrid origins.

Ramirez is believed to be playing Aimee, a pioneer in the middle of dystopic America, a lone scavenger in an abandoned city, rebuilding a sustainable habitat and giving orphaned hybrids a home.

Anozie is believed to be playing Tommy Jepperd, a former professional athlete who becomes Gus’ protector; Akhtar is Dr. Singh, a scientist seeking a cure for his wife, which Gus may be the key to. Forte is believed to be playing Gus’ father.

Looks great, but a bit different from what I remember of the comics... Wasn't he a teen in the beginning?

Gonna have to re-read the series. Lemire is a fantastic comic book creator.

The visuals are knocking my socks off. Hope we can say the same of Sandman when the time comes.

YouTube version for anyone who needs it…

It look goood.

It was really good. I hope they get a 2nd season.

Id probably deduct a couple of points though since the bad guys finding people was very randomly.

Dropped it after 4 episodes. The family friendly tone doesn’t work for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"