Days of Future Past sympathy for Trask

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Okay first off, Peter Dinklage is a phenomenal actor. This might've been the first footage film/television whatever of him that I've ever seen with him as a main character. And his voice in my opinion is better than Morgan Freeman's.

His acting was so superb that like, with the end scene where Mystique is pointing her gun at him, just, the look in eyes in eyes, the look on his face... the message I got from that was like, what he was conveying mentally was "*****. like damn, I did do some kind of messed up things and karma comes around." and I'll even go as far as saying he looked like he regretted doing what he had done. He didn't seem like a coward about it; he seemed ready to accept his fate because he knew he was wrong.

I'm glad he survived and the ending said he was arrested, but not sent to prison. So I'd like to them use Trask again in the future, and I'd really liketo see him turn tides and perhaps be something else instead of a supervillain.

[YT]BFR8c3qRl6M[/YT]
I liked his character. Although I don't agree with him, he's definitely not a typical supervillain and has a relevant backstory and ideology for X-Men. I would not mind seeing him or the Sentinel Program again.

I do think he came off a bit like a desperate salesman in addition to being an anthropologist/scientist truly interested in giving mankind a chance against the 'coming mutant threat'. I guess his failed attempts at selling his product made him look weaker and may have robbed a little of the ideology he was promoting (although it did come across).

Last edited:
Dude
I have no sympathy for genocidal psychopaths. I mean cmon

Yeah Trask was a crazy dude.

first off, he said he didn't hate mutants. secondly, my post was referring particularly to that ending scene when mystique was pointing the gun at him. you could see the shame in his face and the "this is a fate I had coming" look on it.

Yeah He didnt hate mutants but just used them as labrats by force.

Acts of evil followed by remorse does not eliminate the evil. Whether he feels sorry for what he did or not, there is still justice waiting to be served. Sympathy. No. And I didn't get any sense of guilt from him in any scene. I saw him afraid. Until the very end.

Acts of evil followed by remorse does not eliminate the evil. Whether he feels sorry for what he did or not, there is still justice waiting to be served. Sympathy. No. And I didn't get any sense of guilt from him in any scene. I saw him afraid. Until the very end.

he didn't have a cowardly look on his face to me. and he went to jail for working with communists

It's hard to say what he felt at the very end without him saying anything about it. He's the only humain villain we haven't heard from once he met his end.

• X1 - Senator Kelly - his days as a mutant may have changed his viewpoint, based on his last conversations with Storm from his death bed.
  • X2 - General Stryker - was manipulative and convinced of his mutant-exterminating cause until the very end.
  • DOFP - Trask - ???

Personally, I do understand Trask. There are people all over the world who think there are "others" here to hurt them or take over their land, but that's because they've never really had the chance to meet them.

I think it's a matter of helping them embrace people who they think are different from them. From DOFP through X1, mutants ("the others") were pretty much in the shadows, struggling to emerge. Now in the new timeline, they're very much "out of the closet", so the X-Men will have their chance to show people that they're not here to hurt them, but rather help them (in broad daylight!) and that they're really made of the same stuff, despite their different shapes, colors, and abilities.

Reminds me of a recent video from YT:

[YT]D2zZ4oJ5tMY[/YT]

Last edited:
I thought he might be kind of sympathetic going into the movie but after seeing what he did to Banshee and the others, any chance of that went out the window.

I thought Dinklage had one of the weaker performances from a main actor in DOFP.

The Rogue Cut reveals they locked him up in the Pentagon.

I feel no sympathy for him. I understand why he feel threatened by mutants because they more powerful than humans but answer is not to kill them all.

None whatsoever.
And I think he was pretty bland as characters go. Script's fault I think. Very bland imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"