Ta-Nehisi Coates presents Black Panther & The Crew

Discussion in 'Black Panther World' started by OnTheAir, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Chesterfield Registered

This is such BS. Why are Marvel Greenlighting these stupid ass decisions?? Coates is overwhelmingly egregious as a comic book writer and the man clearly hates T'Challa. Now, he's tackling this book? Look at what he did with the crew a few issues back, it was an abomination and miscarriage of representation. Black Panther and the crew? Meanwhile look where he's positioned on the cover. Coates' current book sucks, world of Wakanda sucks and this will likely suck too. Bloody hell.

2. RLAAMJR. Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

The first issue was great! :)

3. OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

4. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Several BP books have come out since the cancellation of this title.Why is this thread still opened.

Long Live the King of Wakanda

5. Mike Murdock Registered

The thread is still open because people don't generally close threads just because a series concluded. Anyway, I enjoyed the series a lot for what it was. I thought the Hydra reveal was pretty cool and I liked the exploration of different characters - particularly Storm as a black character and not just a mutant (I believe Yona Harvey was writing the Storm-centric second issue).

As much as it was a prequel with a clear endpoint, it definitely was not intended to end in six, so the ending was fairly week. That being said, it was cool to see the ending tie into the beginning of A Nation Under Our Feet.

6. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Agreed.Even had a little tie in to the BP movie, regarding the activism of the 60's

Long Live the King of Wakanda