Taika Waititi ‘Time Bandits’ Series

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
Taika Waititi To Co-Write & Direct ‘Time Bandits’ Series In Works At Apple From Paramount, Anonymous Content & MRC

EXCLUSIVE: Thor: Ragnarok filmmaker Taika Waititi has boarded Time Bandits, the TV series adaptation of the beloved Terry Gilliam-directed movie, which is in development at Apple.

Waititi will co-write and direct the pilot for the potential series, co-produced by Anonymous Content, Paramount Television and Media Rights Capital. He also will serve as executive producer alongside Gilliam and producer Dan Halsted (People Of Earth).

Apple last summer made a deal for the rights to turn the 1981 fantasy into a TV series. Gilliam’s Time Bandits is a dark, irreverent adventure about imagination, bravery and the nature of our dreams. It follows the time-traveling adventures of an 11-year-old history buff named Kevin who, one night, stumbles on six dwarfs who emerge from his closet. They are former workers of the Supreme Being who have stolen a map that charts all the holes in the space-time fabric, using it to hop from one historical era to the next in order to steal riches. Throughout the movie, they meet various historical and fictional characters, including Napoleon Bonaparte and Robin Hood, while the Supreme Being simultaneously tries to catch up to them and retrieve the map.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the project Jason Momoa hinted at on Instagram. “Can’t wait to make art with you.”

It could very well be this. He could be playing Robin Hood or any other character from the past.

I hope every episode of features Michael Palin and Shelly Duvall being brutally waylaid.

stupid question how will apples streaming service be avaible via itunes or something new ?

‘Time Bandits’: Lisa Kudrow To Lead Cast Of Taika Waititi’s Series – Deadline

Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback) has been tapped to lead the ensemble cast of Time Bandits, Apple’s TV series adaptation of the beloved Terry Gilliam-directed movie, co-written, directed and executive produced by Taika Waititi (Our Flag Means Death), Joining Kudrow as series regulars are Kal-El Tuck (Unseeing Evil), Charlyne Yi (Knocked Up), Tadhg Murphy (Conversations With Friends), Roger Jean Nsengiyumva (You Don’t Know Me), Rune Temte (Eddie the Eagle), Kiera Thompson (Martyrs Lane) and Rachel House (Heartbreak High). The casting announcement also confirms the official series greenlight for the project, which had been in development at Apple since 2019.

Waititi directs the first two episodes of the 10-episode series, co-produced by Paramount Television Studios, Anonymous Content’s AC Studios and MRC Television. It’s described as a comedic journey through time and space with a ragtag group of thieves and their newest recruit: an eleven-year-old history nerd.

This is something that is much, much more up Taika's alley. While I liked his Thor movies, I don't think he really gets Thor that well. He's at a point where he can do pretty much what he wants, but it doesn't mean he's right for directing a particular movie. He did what he wanted with Thor rather than try to do the character I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"