Tao Okamoto is Mercy Graves, Holly Hunter is Senator Finch & Callan Mulvey is ???

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by FilmNerdJamie, Apr 3, 2014.

1. bluerayer

bluerayer MCU

I also spitballed an idea i had that she could be playing a medical examiner for STAR Labs(or Lexcorp) that does an (alien)autopsy on Zod's body. Dunno about that theory. Kinda out there.

2. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

RUMOR.

Hunter’s casting adds some real name value and Oscar power to the film. An actress of Hunter’s caliber could easily play an Amazon from Themyscira, if Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman has a big enough part to warrant dipping into her backstory. If Hunter has to play a more down to Earth character, she could easily play the owner of the Daily Planet; yeah, let’s see Holly Hunter boss Laurence Fishburne’s Perry White around! There’s also the possibility that Hunter won’t be as heroic as her character inThe Incredibles. She could always work for Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor.

Although good guesses, they are different guesses from how LR has heard the wheel is turning. We think Holly Hunter is going to be playing Leslie Thompkins, or a Leslie Thompkins replacement character.

By all means go to Wikipedia to round out your knowledge, but know the Leslie is a doctor who went to medical school with Bruce’s dad before he was murdered and in some versions of the Batman mythos, comforted young Bruce the very night of. Think of her like a female Alfred, almost. When she appeared in Batman: The Animated Series, she knew Batman’s identity and would treat Bruce for medical injuries he couldn’t go to a hospital for.

http://latino-review.com/2014/04/rumor-holly-hunter-allies-batman-batman-vs-superman/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. Spamtron

Spamtron THE MAN

might as well be straight off a Hype thread post...

4. MDC!

MDC! Active Member

That wasn't Earth the Black Zero 'warped' to, it was one of the old outpost worlds; it was part of a montage of the Kryptonians going from outpost to outpost trying to find others of their race...33 years worth before Kal-El activated the scout ship's beacon.

That being said...I took the whole "new characters" bit to mean new characters for films, not necessarily 'brand' new i.e. "Miranda" Talia, "John" Robin, so on and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the same for Metallo

5. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson apparently words go here, I guess

basically: She could play this! or that! or maybe this other thing!

hacks.

6. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

The Black Zero is the Black ship lol. The one Zod and the kryptonians arrived and check the scene where Zod explained Kal and you'll notice that there were few pieces with the black zero when they were traveling with the phantom drive. ;)

7. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Exactly Latino Review isn't that where that guy El Mayalbe or something works for? :funny:

8. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson apparently words go here, I guess

Yup, El Maybe works for Latino Review.

Holly Hunter as Leslie Thompkins would be great, it would definitely show that snyder is gonna be more faithful to the source material, more so than past incarnations of the Batman mythology.

9. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Not sure why the poster included the quote of the set-up and not the actual rumor part of what they were posting...

10. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

I would love it if she portrayed Thompkins.

11. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Fixed. sorry I posted quickly here :yay:

RUMOR.

12. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

sounds like a calculated guess.

and if there is kryptonite i hope it just depowers him. i don't want him moaning and writhing in pain.

13. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

THIS X10000000000000000000000000000000000
    :bow:
    YOU GET IT. BRAVO!!!!
    [​IMG]

14. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Leslie Thompkins could work well within this story.. maybe Bruce gets his ass kicked by Clark and goes to Leslie to get patched up. Or maybe Clark is injured but can't go to a hospital for some reason, so Bruce takes him to Leslie..

15. geetard

geetard Rebirth

So, like blue kryptonite in Smallville?

16. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

No. like in some comics like in Public Enemies battle with Metallo comics. (depowered him slowly and weakening him, not taking the mortal effect to longer exposure, maybe with pain but not that much and not taking away all the powers in just a sec).

17. MDC!

MDC! Active Member

Right. I understand that...and I saw that pieces of Krypton were dragged with the BZ when it warped, BUT...that's not Earth. It's one of the old outpost worlds where they "managed to salvage weapons, armor, and even a World Engine".

I don't get why so many people confuse that scene or the montage of scenes of the Kryptonians searching the galaxy as "Earth" (??).

18. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Of course I understand that in that scene it was of the outpost worlds but if it traveled so many planets from krypton and still the pieces accompanied the BZ. it doesn't show of course the earth but it's kind of obvious that some of these pieces are floating. the question is. are we gonna see kryptonite in this movie?

19. MDC!

MDC! Active Member

Krptonite? I'd bet my wife on it, yeah (haha). We'll see it no matter how it gets here.

20. DA_Champion

DA_Champion Well-Known Member

I'm interested in these abandoned/lost Kryptonian outposts. It's a great setup for subsequent mythology exploration in future movies.

I wonder if Brainiac or Darkseid blasted those worlds.

21. MDC!

MDC! Active Member

Every time I watch the scenes where the Kryptonians are searching the old outposts, I look at Zod in his spacesuit and think "now THERE is a Luthor power suit if ever I saw one!"; it looks almost exactly like it.

22. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

I would love this. This character is long overdue. And if she's playing Leslie Thompkins, the inherent themes of compassion VS violence make perfect sense, even for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN.

23. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Yeah. I always wondered that. Brainiac sounds more likely and I want to see him :D
    [​IMG]

Do you know where the pieces of the zod's suit last seen?
    a building under construction from LexCorp.

24. bluerayer

bluerayer MCU

Bwahaha, oh boy you better not let her see your post! :yay:

25. Masone

Masone Well-Known Member

This. You could go so many places with it. Brainiac, Doomsday, somebody who was hell bent on revenge because their home planet was conquered by Krypton, Darkseid, etc...