T'Challounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to see BP and honour the Vibranium Lounge name :cool:

uptown funk gonna give it to ya

I mean, play it by ear.

Well, you know how it is. You're out at night, looking for kicks, someone's passing around the weaponized hallucinogens...

It's just good that Lucius is as sharp as he was. Imagine if Lucius was taking all of Bruce's "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" at face value? Going home at night to the wife.

"Honey... I'm thinking of leaving Wayne Enterprises. I know... It's a little earlier than expected but I think I should retire now. Yeah... I can't say much but I fear Bruce Wayne is just losing it... He's a real threat to the company. He's a madman... Doing experimental drugs, cliff diving in caverns... For the love of God, he asked if he could "borrow" a tank, Honey... A ****ing tank. At some point I'm gonna have to put my foot down and after that he'll just get the board to fire me so best to go out on my own terms."

To be fair, the truth isn't that much less insane. Or at all less.

Batman is a lunatic.

i heard black panther can cure baldness

dont tell BN... i don't want him to assault me

Vibranium cures baldness. Adamantium cures "performance issues".

Marvel metals are basically a middle-aged man's jumper kit.

i heard black panther can cure baldness

dont tell BN... i don't want him to assault me

Vibranium cures baldness. Adamantium cures "performance issues".

Marvel metals are basically a middle-aged man's jumper kit.

Popping into the BP threads... Apparently while being a "mature, slow paced and nuanced film" it's also "the first of these films to be just for kids" in a long time.

Uh... Huh...

Again... I want it to be good and I do expect it to be a bit more complex than the average MCU film so fare and I do suspect it to be slower and more plot and driven than most of the MCU... But it can't be that but also a film that will keep the kiddies satisfied. In other words, it can't really be all things to all people. There are limits to what will be produced with that kind of methodology. I might argue... We see the limits with the MCU all the time, it's just people don't want to admit it.

Again... I'll drop it to spare the Lounge visits from the usual gang. I'll just repeat that I am looking forward to BP and hope I enjoy it at least as much as my favorite MCU films.

I'm sure Black Panther is big time tremendous, and I plan on seeing it this weekend. So long as the theatre nearest to me opens up screenings that aren't in 3D. I'm still waiting on that. I won't be bullied into paying $5 more for an extra dimension.

Popping into the BP threads... Apparently while being a "mature, slow paced and nuanced film" it's also "the first of these films to be just for kids" in a long time.

Uh... Huh...

The thing about it being for kids makes no sense. There is nothing particular about this film that would appeal to kids in a way the other MCU films didn't. Like you said, it's a four quadrant film. It's making waves because it's an almost-all-black CBM and that makes the film more important to certain groups in society, prompting them to organize field trips and stuff.

Don't apologize to us...

I demand you do your work.

People tend to think the things/people they're a fan of are more important than they really are. There's no sense of perspective.

Excellent film! No idea where the idea that is for kids has come from.

It's just good that Lucius is as sharp as he was. Imagine if Lucius was taking all of Bruce's "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" at face value? Going home at night to the wife.

"Honey... I'm thinking of leaving Wayne Enterprises. I know... It's a little earlier than expected but I think I should retire now. Yeah... I can't say much but I fear Bruce Wayne is just losing it... He's a real threat to the company. He's a madman... Doing experimental drugs, cliff diving in caverns... For the love of God, he asked if he could "borrow" a tank, Honey... A ****ing tank. At some point I'm gonna have to put my foot down and after that he'll just get the board to fire me so best to go out on my own terms."
Were it someone else who did it you would have been correct, but this is the vision of king Nolan, the words of his majesty are LLAAAAWWW.

i quoted you so hopefully you'll see this faster

Criterion 24-Hour Flash Sale Begins at NOON Eastern Time on TUESDAY, February 13th
All in-stock Blu-rays and DVDs will be 50% off the suggested retail price.

The usual conditions apply...
24 Hours only, starting at NOON EASTERN on Tue Feb 13

IN-STOCK titles only.

The 50% is off the SRP (suggested retail price) listed on their website, NOT off of their already discounted Criterion Store price.

Free shipping on orders of $50 or more.

The free shipping threshold is calculated BEFORE any gift certificates are used (So, if you order $60 worth of items and use a $50 gc to bring your total down to $10, you will still get free shipping).

I have been waiting for this sale to happen!!! Thank you CC :)

PM me your mini review. Don't spoil it but let me know what you thought in general.

Just on way to work after catching 30 mins sleep (to add to the 2 hours before!). Won’t really be able to do any long posts there but I’ve put a few thoughts down in response to questions in the BP threads and will try and hang around there most of the day, depending how busy work is. I’m sure you’ll like the film mate. I’m booked to see it again on Sunday.

I'm sure Black Panther is big time tremendous, and I plan on seeing it this weekend. So long as the theatre nearest to me opens up screenings that aren't in 3D. I'm still waiting on that. I won't be bullied into paying $5 more for an extra dimension.

Unless you go to IMAX, it really isn't worth it. :(

Agreed. Standard 3D offers little. Especially now I have Moviepass :hehe:

But, IMAX 3D makes a BIG difference. I will still pay the extra for those if I am able. Sadly, I won't be near the IMAX I used to frequent anytime soon, so BP in IMAX is out.

The nearest IMAX to me is just too far away, I've only been twice. I'm hoping they put one in closer to me eventually. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"