The Dark Knight TDK Joker timeline (based on official photos and the trailer)

No, we do know that the street scene is the final fight. I don't think I could have been any more clear in my previous post. It has been confirmed by a set PA, a set production assistant (who was there during the filming[listening to the filming on his head set]). It could only be more confirmed if Nolan himself came out and said so.

Uh, no offense or anything, but we really don't know for sure that's the final fight scene. A PA saying it isn't anywhere near confirmation. Beyond the fact that many of these people are usually very wrong/misinformed (especially the PA's), their saying so doesn't count for anything. They could be purposely lying, or they could mean something else entirely, or the fan that they spoke to could have misheard/misinterpreted. You'd be suprised how much false information is thrown around by PA's on a consistent basis, whether on purpose or not.

I mean honestly - a nameless PA supposedly confirming it to some fan/spies is nearly as good as Nolan stating it? Really?

You can definitely tell in the cop pic that his smile is still there, jacked all to hell. Looks like it will be a cool scene.

actually eggy, i think the "evening commissioner" shot of the Joker takes place in the middle of the movie. Remember, the Joker gets arrested by the GPD and is eventually interrogated (and beaten crapless by) Batman..my theory about that stage of the makeup is that its after he's been beaten to a pulp by Batman but he's just looking at him apprehensively, ala "that all you got, Batsy?"

not trying to diss you man (i never do that to anyone), just stating my perspective on that particular stage of the makeup

My point wasn't really trying to place that scene -- the opposite, actually. I was just pointing out that he has hardly any make-up left on in that scene. He has less make-up on in that scene than he does in shots that we presume are later.

My point being: I think he applies more make-up at some point. :yay:

Okay, well let's assume for a moment the flipped truck and batpod thing is the final scene. (Heck, if THAT isn't the final scene, what do they have planned? Flipping a semi front ways is just a little filler in the middle? =P )

Anyway, lets say its the final scene, what the heck do you think is happening? Has Joker so completely snapped he wants to be killed by Bats? Or, is he so demented he'd rather prove Batman to not be a hero by taking a life that it's more important to him than survival?

I've just been really wondering about this lately, WHY does he want Batman to hit him?

Okay, well let's assume for a moment the flipped truck and batpod thing is the final scene. (Heck, if THAT isn't the final scene, what do they have planned? Flipping a semi front ways is just a little filler in the middle? =P )

Anyway, lets say its the final scene, what the heck do you think is happening? Has Joker so completely snapped he wants to be killed by Bats? Or, is he so demented he'd rather prove Batman to not be a hero by taking a life that it's more important to him than survival?

I've just been really wondering about this lately, WHY does he want Batman to hit him?

personally i think bcuz watever happens in the movie: the joker knows bats wont kill him. so hes eggin him on in that manner which is surely gonna piss bats off since bats knows he wont either. :brucebat:

I don't think it's the final scene in the movie. I don't know why - just a hunch - I think it's more likely to occur towards the middle of the movie. I don't think they'd show all their cards as to the end of the movie in a teaser trailer. Bear in mind we haven't seen anything of the rumoured bombs-on-boats climax. Or anything of Two-Face. Personally I don't think we've seen anything from the third act of the movie. If I had to guess, I'd say the truck flipping sequence occurs right before the Joker is captured. You can see police cars parked behind the Joker as he walks down the street - and I seem to remember footage of the Joker being taken away in them.

Of course I could be wrong - If Gotham has been evacuated then it would explain why the streets are so deserted... meh, who knows.

Here's another thing to think about,
the boat scenes take place during the day.
The semi-truck being chased by the GCPD and SWAT and Batpod happens during 'Magic'.
The actual truck flip/street fight happens at night. There is somewhat of a timeline. I am leaning toward them all happening on the same day, however without any actual knowledge of how long a time the movie spans, it is impossible to know if the boat scene is same day, week, month, etc.
Just to confirm as well, I am under the assumption that the truck flips, Joker gets out, the batpod swerves around him, joker starts walking toward batman firing his machine gun, then we get the whole "hit me" dialogue and beyond that we have no idea what happens. *Does anyone else notice the "like me" happens after he walks down the street firing his gun* You can tell by looking at all the specific buildings on the street then depending on his proximity to each of them (usually i use the starbucks as reference) you can tell at which point during the street scene he says/does things.

I don't think he applies it once and thats it, in the prologue his makeup was really messed up, in that it was blotchy, no where near as complete and the picture of him in the car.

Its too early to make assumptions based on the teaser trailer and the pics we have seen so far. For example, the "evening commissioner" and the shot of the Joker that takes place right after in the trailer may not have anything to do with each other in the actual film. We don't have any real idea where the pictures and scenes actually take place in the final cut of the movie.

I don't think it's the final scene in the movie. I don't know why - just a hunch - I think it's more likely to occur towards the middle of the movie. I don't think they'd show all their cards as to the end of the movie in a teaser trailer. Bear in mind we haven't seen anything of the rumoured bombs-on-boats climax. Or anything of Two-Face. Personally I don't think we've seen anything from the third act of the movie. If I had to guess, I'd say the truck flipping sequence occurs right before the Joker is captured. You can see police cars parked behind the Joker as he walks down the street - and I seem to remember footage of the Joker being taken away in them.

Of course I could be wrong - If Gotham has been evacuated then it would explain why the streets are so deserted... meh, who knows.
I agree, I dunno if thats the finally I already imagined how most if played out. Most of the trailer seems to go together and most of those clips seem to come from that scene. Also the story isn't really rotating around Joker as much as its rotating around Harvey and I have a feeling Harvey is going to be involved with this climatic ending.

I agree, I dunno if thats the finally I already imagined how most if played out. Most of the trailer seems to go together and most of those clips seem to come from that scene. Also the story isn't really rotating around Joker as much as its rotating around Harvey and I have a feeling Harvey is going to be involved with this climatic ending.

Interesting points, Capitan :up:

While I was reading your post I was pondering what this "finale" of sorts might include. What occurred to me was that, since this movie is centered around Dent, that his accident would lead up to the final section of the movie.

Another thing I came up with is that, since the Joker is such a menace and mastermind behind the chaotic and seemingly random behavior, that he might be involved in the climax somewhat indirectly - that he might have been caught by that point, but something of his will still go according to plan regardless of his presence.

We all know that Joker's always a step ahead...

Just a couple thoughts :hoboj:

Hell the movie could be that there is an explosion, Batman has a feeling its Joker. Goes to Arkham to question Joker and finds out Joker is gone then uses detective work to track where the next bomb will be and finds out its Two-face then Joker comes in or something and ya.

This isn't a perma-white thread. It's a thread trying to piece together the state of his make-up at various points throughout the movie.

i really do like this thread.

i do wish he had perma white skin... but i think we'll get that in the third movie

Also if you don't understand why some people are for permawhite please go to that thread and read the points in favor for it.

The semi-truck being chased by the GCPD and SWAT and Batpod happens during 'Magic'.
The actual truck flip/street fight happens at night. There is somewhat of a timeline. I am leaning toward them all happening on the same day, however without any actual knowledge of how long a time the movie spans, it is impossible to know if the boat scene is same day, week, month, etc.
Just to confirm as well, I am under the assumption that the truck flips, Joker gets out, the batpod swerves around him, joker starts walking toward batman firing his machine gun, then we get the whole "hit me" dialogue and beyond that we have no idea what happens. *Does anyone else notice the "like me" happens after he walks down the street firing his gun* You can tell by looking at all the specific buildings on the street then depending on his proximity to each of them (usually i use the starbucks as reference) you can tell at which point during the street scene he says/does things.

The truck flip, at least when many of us saw it filmed, most definetely occurs in the middle part of the film. After the flip and all we know, Batman does fight with Joker, and Joker is arrested and Dent does a press conference from the streets where Batman's involvement in the arrest is questioned. -- I assume Joker escapes after this part, and the first thing appears to do once he escapes is the Mayor attack scene.

Someone suggest this before, but Joker may be in the finale and if so only a minor part - as Two Face appears to be the focus from scenes 316 to 330 - and while none of us totally knows what happens in those scenes - just KNOWING what happens in scene 316 seems to indicate Two-Face is the one with the plan at the end.

Hell the movie could be that there is an explosion, Batman has a feeling its Joker. Goes to Arkham to question Joker and finds out Joker is gone then uses detective work to track where the next bomb will be and finds out its Two-face then Joker comes in or something and ya.

Intriguing ideas, brothah :up:

Well Troma put some evidence(kind of) on the table to show that the flipped semi is indeed in the middle.

the semi flip could very well be the finale, but what if its in the beggining and it's a flashback sequence like fight club?
" semi flips, joker comes out shooting and says the hit me line, thats when in the moment, bats thinks about how all this went down. and then we see the flip again in normal time.
nolan is known for broken time-lines just makes you think....

I dunno if thats how it went I would kind of be bummed. It seems cliche to me, but it could very well go down that way.

well the press conference is where HARVEY DENT reveals Joker is arrested after the semi flip - 1000 of people saw it filmed in Chicago and it's all over YouTube.

Since we know the Dent transformation occurs around the 200 spot, and the film is only about 330 scenes long-- and we know the focus appears to be on Dent from scenes 307-317 from the sides... again it points to this being HOW Joker gets arrested, and the holding cell scenes follow.

Nolan did make it sound like the movie wouldn't be told in linear fashion, but we saw cast call sheet sold on Ebay that had the scene where Joker fired the rocket and shot a random cop from the semi and it was around the scene 130 area on the cast call sheet - again pointing to about the midway point in the film for the semi-scene --- unless it is told out of order.

The reason I think this sequence is wrong is because the still shots of the Joker laughing hysterically in the semi, look nothing like the shots of the Joker on the street with the gun firing. I think the semi sequence occurs first, then he is captured and jailed. I believe the showdown scenes, 'hit me!' come at a totally different time.

I don't think he applies it once and thats it, in the prologue his makeup was really messed up, in that it was blotchy, no where near as complete and the picture of him in the car.

This is all opinion ofcourse but I strongly disagree with u saying his makeup was messed up in the prologue...to me it was pretty perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"