The Dark Knight TDK marketing better than BB?

So far... But Begins marketing was horrendous. A lifelong Batman fan, I didn't even know about the movie until months before it came out...
As a lifelong Batman fan, I knew it was coming out over a year before it's release. :o

As a lifelong Batman fan, I knew it was coming out over a year before it's release. :o

Congrats, you must be an awesome person. :o :whatever:

Forgive me, if like the rest of the free world, I forgot about Batman movies for awhile after B&R.

I knew about the flick like 3 years before. Christ....I remember those horrible "Ashot Kutcher is Batman" days.

Man, we dodged a bullet there.

I remember the Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck Batman rumors...

Wasn't Kutcher actually confirmed? I remember websites and even a magazine had "confirmed" that Kutcher would be Batman....and then, suddenly the next day Christian Bale was officially announced.

Afflack. I hate Afflack.

Marketing? What Marketing? I haven't seen anything.

Wasn't Kutcher actually confirmed? I remember websites and even a magazine had "confirmed" that Kutcher would be Batman....and then, suddenly the next day Christian Bale was officially announced.

Afflack. I hate Afflack.

Are you serious? Wow.

Congrats, you must be an awesome person. :o :whatever:

Forgive me, if like the rest of the free world, I forgot about Batman movies for awhile after B&R.
Hey, I did too.

But I still found out about BB a year before it's release. :o

Kutcher pfft... If he had been in, I wouldnt of even given the movie a chance. I mean that. Dont say "in that case your not a real Batman fan", the reason i wouldnt give it a chance is BECAUSE im a real fan.

I dunno.....I mean, we got that with Batman Begins too. Pictures, and a website with teaser pics and a teaser poster. Nothing new, in terms of marketing I think. The Joker viral marketing campaign stands out in an insane way I think, and easily tops a number of the things they tried to market Batman Begins.

Yeah thats true. But I still think we are getting more earlier with TDK and its definately being done a lot different than BB was with IBIHDT.com and SeeYouInDecember.com

Well, whatever you think of Joker´s first image, the viral marketing used to reveal it was brilliant. And the first pic of Batman in EW is much better than the one for Begins.

I didn't know that Begins was coming out until a few months before it actually did, and 'm a HUGE Batman fan. So, yeah, the marketing for this has by far been better so far.

Does anyone know when the very first BB teaser came out? I've been googling and looking everywhere and I cant find it

Yeah thats what I thought too...and then the first full trailer came out in December with Ocean's 12 right? If thats true then it makes sense for the teaser for TDK to come out this summer and then the full trailer to come out this winter. (specifically December since we know about the viral marketing with IBIHDT.com and SeeYouInDecember.com)

aside from the joker image game thingy, the marketing has been essentially the same. and right now, this early in the game, any major marketing is pointless...its tooo far ahead of time. the joker thing was obviously just something for the fans. but around this time for BB, it was essentially the same....a promo shot here and there, a brief megazine press release, a few spy pics and reports...but nothing too large scale.

Would I be almost right in saying TDK's maketing is already better than the entire marketing campaign for Batman Begins? :)

Was watching the Superbowl, fairly calm and collected, outside fot eh usual sports-pump up.

Suddenly the TV-Spot comes on, my eyes get glued to the TV set and at the end of it, I turn to my brother and say "Did I just see what I think I saw?"

Less than a minute later I'd scrapped any thoughts about who was winning the Superbowl and was glued to my computer hunting down any and all info I could get.

March, 2004. Saw the cast line-up.
'Holy crap, this sounds FANTASTIC.'
And, lo, it was.
The marketing this time around is a notch above BBs. Not in scale, but in ingenuity and inventiveness.

Yes I think TDK marketing with the two website has done great job, I been shown the website to my friends and family and it promotes the movie great way of reaching non-Batman fans as well but teaser will get more buzz. I don't think BB marketing was bad as some posters say it was.

Yes I think TDK marketing with the two website has done great job, I been shown the website to my friends and family and it promotes the movie great way of reaching non-Batman fans as well but teaser will get more buzz. I don't think BB marketing was bad as some posters say it was.

Yeah I think BB marketing could've been done a lot better but it definately wasnt terrible or absolutely horrendous like some people have been saying.

Honestly, I think the marketing for Batman NEEDS to be subtle. I don't really WANT to see TDK cereal, TDK underwear, TDK pez dispensers, etc. ad. nauseum as we saw with Superman and Spiderman. For lack of a better phrase, Nolan's Batman franchise is more grown up than that (not that it doesn't need some younger audience appeal).

Other superhero movies strike me as pure popcorn (or in the case of Spidey, popcorn with a bit of substance to it) and they are marketed as such. WB wants to make money off this but they KNOW they won't make as much as a Juggernaut like Spidey (gold star if you get the joke).

I like what they're doing so far. They've put more information out to the general public - I don't remember there being any features on the today show like the one this week three years ago. I also really like the IBIHD/IBIHDT.com campaign. It shows that they know they've attracted a substantial following and want to string them along so they say to other people who aren't hooked yet, "Hey, check this out..."

Anyhoo... yeah, it's better :) :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"