The Dark Knight TDK: Standard Action/Comic Book Film?

Direct quote = answer already stated.

sorry. answer was wrong. he wrote the screenplay for a.i. but not the screen story or the source material. i asked for a movie that he wrote based on his own "vision".

and as far as close encounters

"paul shrader wrote the original script. When speilberg, changed a great deal of it, Schrader decided to remove his credit. Since the film couldn't be left with no credit for writing, Spielberg claimed it for himself." -imdb

and thats in addition to the other 4 or 5 writers that worked on the script.

but i will give him some credit because he also didnt write hook, always , or amistad.

sorry. answer was wrong. he wrote the screenplay for a.i. but not the screen story or the source material.

and as far as close encounters

"paul shrader wrote the original script. When speilberg, changed a great deal of it, Schrader decided to remove his credit. Since the film couldn't be left with no credit for writing, Spielberg claimed it for himself." -imdb

and thats in addition to the other 4 or 5 writers that worked on the script.

but i will give him some credit because he also didnt write hook, always , or amistad.

Not writing some of the source material doesn't make you any less of a good writer. People who think it's easy to turn a good book into a good screenplay or a good short story into a full length feature have obviously never tried it.

Not writing some of the source material doesn't make you any less of a good writer. People who think it's easy to turn a good book into a good screenplay or a good short story into a full length feature have obviously never tried it.

i agree that none of these things makes you a bad writer.

but you mentioned spielberg as a great writer and someone who was only interested in original ideas and i am simply proving you wrong by showing how he is actually a mediocre writer as well as someone whose best films have been based on others ideas .:oldrazz:

and just so im not misunderstood, i think speilberg is one of the great filmakers.

i agree that none of these things makes you a bad writer.

but you mentioned spielberg as a great writer and someone who was only interested in original ideas and i am simply proving you wrong by showing how he is actually a mediocre writer as well as someone whose best films have been based on others ideas .:oldrazz:

I can see where this got all mixed up - when I said he was only interested in original ideas, I didn't say "he's only interested in original ideas that he created." Basically what I'm saying is that everyone has heard of Batman and Wonderwoman and the Xmen and Spiderman, etc. So he wouldn't do that kind of movie... it's not "original enough". But no one had ever heard of Minority Report for instance, he finds it, he takes that original idea, applies his vision, and turns an obscure short story into a full length feature for the world. It's the IDEA that is original, not that he's the originator of the idea.

I think it would be incredibly entertaining if the entire film featured an ongoing overdub narration by Morgan Freeman instead of normal character development.

[pan out from Bruce in the manor]

Fox: There Bruce was, the most powerful defender of the city, but hated for bringing out people like the Joker...

[monologue continues]

...I mean, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?

Seriously, someone should try and take clips from Batman Begins and splice it with Freeman narrating something, like the mock trailers that twist the idea of the film.

I can see where this got all mixed up - when I said he was only interested in original ideas, I didn't say "he's only interested in original ideas that he created." Basically what I'm saying is that everyone has heard of Batman and Wonderwoman and the Xmen and Spiderman, etc. So he wouldn't do that kind of movie... it's not "original enough". But no one had ever heard of Minority Report for instance, he finds it, he takes that original idea, applies his vision, and turns an obscure short story into a full length feature for the world. It's the IDEA that is original, not that he's the originator of the idea.
actually minority report was expanded into a novel and was/is fairly popular

I think it would be incredibly entertaining if the entire film featured an ongoing overdub narration by Morgan Freeman instead of normal character development.

[pan out from Bruce in the manor]

Fox: There Bruce was, the most powerful defender of the city, but hated for bringing out people like the Joker...

[monologue continues]

...I mean, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?

Seriously, someone should try and take clips from Batman Begins and splice it with Freeman narrating something, like the mock trailers that twist the idea of the film.

That would actually be really funny =)

If you really want to pick on someone again, why not go kick the dog?
i'm not picking on you, just pointing someone out. and for the record, i didn't pick on you earlier, just said i didn't like your opinons.

i'm not picking on you, just pointing someone out. and for the record, i didn't pick on you earlier, just said i didn't like your opinons.

How big of you to say that you don't like my opinions to a group of people who spent their evening playing kick the newbie behind the newbies back...

Next time you might try responding to me directly when I post them.

Back on topic:

TDK will not just be another comicbook movie; it will be a movie of epic proportions.

How big of you to say that you don't like my opinions to a group of people who spent their evening playing kick the newbie behind the newbies back...

i did. i told you what i thought of your idea about a clockwork orange in the suit thread. the only other thing said by me regarding you was that i didn't like the way you thought. also...kick the n00b is tons of fun:woot: you want i should give that up? stick up for yourself next time:oldrazz:

Back on topic:

TDK will not just be another comicbook movie; it will be a movie of epic proportions.

Phew, finally someone is talking some sense.

I don't think it's in Chris Nolan's phsyke to make a "standard" movie of any genre.

He seems to prefer the opposite of what is expected.

BB wasnt a standard comic book movie? yes it was. it had all the typical action/comic book movie cliche's. it was more like a bond film only with all the emotion generated by the parents getting killed. other then that, everything about it was pretty ordinary. i hate it when ppl try to make this movie sound like it was "so unique" but cmon it really wasnt, all it was, was a more realistic, watered down, moral-ized version of B89. thats it. only thing that made it feel different from the rest was that it was more like an indie batman film, but is that really a good thing? not in my book. but for me, it was also plain boring. TDK looks to amp up the action that BB lacked much of. the joker may look like sh**, but he lookes to be a more interesting cool villian then Ras or Scarecrow was. so theres alot more to be excited with this time around then there was with BB. im still not a huge fan of nolans vision, but i must say TDK looks to improve upon the lame-ness factor of BB...hopefully...

In no way was BB a version of B89.

BB wasnt a standard comic book movie? yes it was.

I disagree.

Elektra is a standard comic book movie. Ghost Rider is a standard comic book movie. Fantastic Four is a standard comic book movie. I could go on and on but Batman Begins does not belong on that list IMO.

For example those before mentioned movies had mediocre acting, mediocre writing, action scenes without meaning etc. Yes I know what you are going to say. Batman Begins was mediocre too, right? Well I think you are wrong. There was nothing average about Begins. Every aspect of the movie was at least above average and there were plenty of things that were executed downright superbly.

Of course "standard" or "average" are very vague terms. I mean how do you define "standard"? I think it's something ordinary, something you can experience every god damn day. There are several standard movies coming out every month. Those movies don't stand out and they don't generate any real discussion because they are nothing out of the ordinary. They are standard movies and they are average.

But movies like Batman Begins do not come out every month. Not even every year. So there's no way Begins is a standard comic book movie. Maybe it is to you. But that's only because your definition of "standard" is different from the majority's definition. One man's different definition can't be considered as a fact.

While I mostly agree with your post, I'll argue that the majority's verdict doesn't make a fact, either.

the majority's verdict doesn't make a fact, either.

Very true. But when it comes to movies, I think it's pretty boring when someone tries to fight against the general consensus. It's always cool, if someone disagrees and is able to deliver some good arguments in order to support his/her opinion.

But if someone says that Begins is a standard comic book movie and nothing but a updated version of B89...well, there really aren't any good arguments to support that opinion. Or at least I haven't heard any.

I understand what you mean.
But although I think that particularly GoogleMe is just him being him, I have to say that going against the public opinion when you can't help it is only natural. Of course, it could be boring to the other guy. Personally, when I hear praises about the LotR Trilogy or Transformers, I just can't resist starting a whole conversation about how I disagree. So, in that respect, I understand GoogleMe.

I understand what you mean.
But although I think that particularly GoogleMe is just him being him, I have to say that going against the public opinion when you can't help it is only natural. Of course, it could be boring to the other guy. Personally, when I hear praises about the LotR Trilogy or Transformers, I just can't resist starting a whole conversation about how I disagree. So, in that respect, I understand GoogleMe.

I totally get what you are saying.

But it's understandable to bash for example the LotR trilogy because those movies are far from perfect. There are so many things that you can complain about.

But saying that Begins is nothing but a standard comic book movie...it's just wrong IMO. There's been so many comic book movies since the first Blade came out in 1998 and Begins is so well made compared to most of those movies.

It's ok if someone isn't that thrilled about Begins but I think that pretty much everyone should admit that as far as comic book movies are concerned, Batman Begins is well above average.

But yeah, of course I respect every opinion. End of story.

True, true. Opinions, it's what it all boils down to, every single time of the day.

its a public forum, how does anything here go on behind anyones back? dont come on here being a self professed "gall (sic) with strong opinions" and expect to not meet with some disagreement, especially with your particular opinions. a small (or large) dose of humilty is in order me thinks.

As a comic book movie batman begins story is a cut above most of the rest but as a movie in general its pretty standard fare you cant compare it to movies like the bourne supremacy, the departed, 310 yuma ect. i still think it doesnt FEEL like a batman movie, take away they batman and it could have been daredevil, elektra or any of those generic standard movies out there albeit one thats far better then those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"