The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more things, then I'm done because I'm seeing it tomorrow night lol

When does Bruce ask Lucius to "get him back in the game" from the trailer?

When does that scene with Bruce giving Selina the batpod happen?

Both happen right near the end after Bruce has returned to Gotham. In fact I believe the scenes might have been back-to-back

Wow. Thanks.

I'm not gonna lie but this ending sounds incredibly stupid. Hopefully the execution makes it better than it sounds.

Trust Nolan; I would have said the same thing if I knew this beforehand, but it is very well done. Blake is a very admirable character and a worthy successor, he is like a mirror image of Bruce without the fortune, they both have pain filled pasts that inspire them to do what they do.

Both happen towards the end of the movie, Selina gets the batpod right before the big climax

Trust Nolan; I would have said the same thing if I knew this beforehand, but it is very well done. Blake is a very admirable character and a worthy successor, he is like a mirror image of Bruce without the fortune, they both have pain filled pasts that inspire them to do what they do.

Is he a better fit for Robin than Dick Grayson then?

Is he a better fit for Robin than Dick Grayson then?

Absolutely! without a doubt, and I never said he was Robin, his legal name his Robin, but he goes by the name John

3 questions

1. Is the mob in this??

2. How emotional was it when Bane took Batman over his head and slammed him on his knee?

3. When The Bat blew up did you guys think, OMG Nolan may have just killed Batman!

In relation to spoiler 3 above, that's what I don't understand but nobody's able to provide an asnwer :

The Bat BLEW UP. So How the heck did Lucious Fox and the technicians check the auto-pilot system of the Bat AFTER the Bat is being blown up!?!?!??!I hope I missed out something, or else, this plot hole is quite big..Still loved the movie though!

In relation to spoiler 3 above, that's what I don't understand but nobody's able to provide an asnwer :

The Bat BLEW UP. So How the heck did Lucious Fox and the technicians check the auto-pilot system of the Bat AFTER the Bat is being blown up!?!?!??!I hope I missed out something, or else, this plot hole is quite big..Still loved the movie though!

[blackout]Maybe R&D had several Bats and Bruce fixed the auto pilot for all of them?[/blackout] :p

I don't think the bat blew up; i dont remember seeing it blow up explicitly. The bat flies off into the distance with the bomb almost out of sight then an explosion, Batman could have cut the cable and flew away just as it blew. But then again the auto pilot explanation seems more likely, and he just flew away in mid-flight. I definitely thought Batman was dead though, everything preceding this seemed like this was the ending. He shares what seems to be a last kiss with Selina, he tells Gordon who he is, etc.

And to mallnat11, the mob is not in this movie at all, it is told pretty early on that the Harvey Dent act was responsible for ending organized crime in Gotham, and the Batman Bane fight was very emotional, kinda hard to watch. Watching Bruce practically get his head caved in while Bane punches him repeatedly (which breaks his cowl) while Batman is on his back was harder to watch than the back breaking bit, at that point Batman was already beaten and Bane was adding insult (and further injury) to injury

Last edited:
[blackout]Maybe R&D had several Bats and Bruce fixed the auto pilot for all of them?[/blackout] :p

That's what I thought as well... although it's a bit forced don't you think? :woot:

I don't think the bat blew up; i dont remember seeing it blow up explicitly. The bat flies off into the distance with the bomb almost out of sight then an explosion, Batman could have cut the cable and flew away just as it blew. But then again the auto pilot explanation seems more likely, and he just flew away in mid-flight. I definitely thought Batman was dead though, everything preceding this seemed like this was the ending. He shares what seems to be a last kiss with Selina, he tells Gordon who he is, etc.

Thank you Dr. Zaius for answering.. will watch again tonight. Thank you once again to Alvin and Dr. Zaius for discussing this. Cheers!

If I could just ask one more question:

What's everyone reactions like from main characters to the GPD when Batman returns after having disappeared after being defeated by Bane?

If I could just ask one more question:

What's everyone reactions like from main characters to the GPD when Batman returns after having disappeared after being defeated by Bane?

Well at this point, the police are gathered en masse to clash with Bane's men, but they are basically awaiting execution (out manned, out gunned, out tumblered, etc) but refuse to go down without a fight. Bane orders the tumblers with the cannons to fire on the police, and at that moment when theyre about to be obliterated, the Bat comes flying out of nowhere and takes out the tumblers, at which point the cops shout and cheer for Batman at which point he descends and joins the fray on the ground.

Well at this point, the police are gathered en masse to clash with Bane's men, but they are basically awaiting execution (out manned, out gunned, out tumblered, etc) but refuse to go down without a fight. Bane orders the tumblers with the cannons to fire on the police, and at that moment when theyre about to be obliterated, the Bat comes flying out of nowhere and takes out the tumblers, at which point the cops shout and cheer for Batman at which point he descends and joins the fray on the ground.

Sounds awesome! Thanks! :yay: Just to clarify...

Does Batman reappear before the big scene involving GPD charging towards Bane's mercenaries in the streets? And do we get to see Gordon's expression from seeing Batman still being alive?

What's Selina's response to seeing Batman alive after having thought that she left him for dead in the sewer? Thanks again.:yay:

Does Batman reappear before the big scene involving GPD charging towards Bane's mercenaries in the streets? And do we get to see Gordon's expression from seeing Batman still being alive?

What's Selina's response to seeing Batman alive after having thought that she left him for dead in the sewer? Thanks again.:yay:

Yea, he first reappears to save Gordon and other cops from their "death by exile" sentencing handed down from Dr. Crane. Death by exile is forcing those convicted to walk across a frozen river to leave Gotham, it always ends with people falling thru the ice and freezing to death in the water below. But as Gordon and his men are walking, he finds a flare on the ice (placed by batman) and then Batman starts tossing batarang darts at Bane's men incapicitating them all. Batman tells Gordon to light the flare and drop it, and it ignites a stream of gasoline all the way to one of the top parts of the bridge, and it ignites a giant bat signal in fire, just like in the poster. It's pretty awesome.

And Batman and Catwoman actually reunite as Bruce Wayne and Selina kyle without their costumes, it's a cute scene really. Selina beats up two of Bane's thugs who were intimidating a kid, and Bruce just comes walking down the street non chalantly with a smile on his face, they have a short convo about a few things its a great scene lol. You can tell selina feels kinda guilty when she insists on referring to batman as bruce's "powerful friend" rather than acknowledge he is batman which she already knows

Batman reappears the night before that scene. We do see Gordon's reaction. Batman reappears as Gordon is being "exiled" from Gotham. They then light a makeshift bat signal.

Selina sees Bruce after she saves the kid from the mercenary. You can tell she feels guilty about leaving him but she plays it off as indifference.

Just finished Knightfall and (TDKR ending spoiler):

I might be wrong, but the different Batman (Jean Paul) defeating Bane, I think may be where Nolan has the idea of (seriously, stop, but kind of find it interesting to the approach in the third act)
Batman not being the one to defeat him in the end of the film. As a sort of nod to that. I may be wrong though and in that arc outside of Knightfall the real Batman does defeat him? Personally like that Batman seems to do a lot more this time around in TDKR and Catwoman just seems to replace Jean Paul in that scene, just differently. It also seems, although I haven't seen the film yet, to be Bruce's inspiration and belief system of turning a possible bad guy good that wins out in the end of that fight. Just Jean Paul's end in Nightfall may have just been given to Catwoman.

One question. I am excited to see this movie, but what parts should I look for that might scare my child? He is fine with violence, but like the "hanging Batman" scene in TDK freaked him out. Are there any scenes like that?

I have just seen the movie...and I see you guys are discussing this so let me just say...(heavy spoilers inside)

I was absolutely against any kind of Robin period...I was so against it I hated the idea of it...I never liked the little ****er in general (not that much of a fan of Batman comics) but this is done in a beautiful way...I also hated the idea of someone replacing Bruce...I hated everything about all that but I love the ending. The character is great...similar to Bruce but different enough and serious, tough all that he should be...

One question. I am excited to see this movie, but what parts should I look for that might scare my child? He is fine with violence, but like the "hanging Batman" scene in TDK freaked him out. Are there any scenes like that?

The first Batman vs Bane fight is quite intense, especially when Bane lifts him and cracks his back.

How old is your child?

Holy crap. Just got back from my IMAX screening. Brilliant, best of both worlds (BB and TDK).

One thing I want to discuss with some of the others who have seen the movie,

Bane's dialgoue in the prologue was DEFINITELY different right? As in line by line a completely different ADR take by Hardy? I wish that people hadn't made such a fuss over his voice, the delivery in the bootleg prologue was PERFECT but now certain lines lack that charisma that was in the original delivery. I'm glad they didn't futz with it too much for the entire movie and maintained his mechanized tone.

Sewer fight was so amazing. Just perfect. Not even just Bane but BATMAN really shone in this scene, obviously everyone knows it doesn't end well for Bats, but Bale really did a good job with the way the fight tells a sort of min-story. Bravo.

Can someone explained what happens in the Ra 's dream scene and is young Ra's in it.

Holy crap. Just got back from my IMAX screening. Brilliant, best of both worlds (BB and TDK).

One thing I want to discuss with some of the others who have seen the movie,

Bane's dialgoue in the prologue was DEFINITELY different right? As in line by line a completely different ADR take by Hardy? I wish that people hadn't made such a fuss over his voice, the delivery in the bootleg prologue was PERFECT but now certain lines lack that charisma that was in the original delivery. I'm glad they didn't futz with it too much for the entire movie and maintained his mechanized tone.

Sewer fight was so amazing. Just perfect. Not even just Bane but BATMAN really shone in this scene, obviously everyone knows it doesn't end well for Bats, but Bale really did a good job with the way the fight tells a sort of min-story. Bravo.

Yeah...I think there was one line different in the prologue when Bane says "crashing this plane" and I think in prologue he said after that "with/and everyone in it" something like that and now he says something different, or at least I thought so when i saw it (one hour ago)

Can someone explained what happens in the Ra 's dream scene and is young Ra's in it.

Bruce is hanging suspended by a rope to straighten his back, and he has this dream like scene where Ra's (Liam Neeson) is basically taunting him, telling him he can't save Gotham, that all he ever accomplished was based on a lie, etc. That is when Bruce screams NOOOO, in one of the tv spots.

Young Ra's appears in stories the prisoners relate to Bruce about the history of the prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"