The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm eagerly awaiting a GIF of [BLACKOUT]Bane breaking Batman's back.[/BLACKOUT] which was easily my favorite scene of the film. I should have seen it coming a mile away but for some reason I was still shocked when it happened.

That is one of the questions I still dont have an answer for. Im going to see it in about an hour for the second time so maybe ill have a better idea but right now id say she knows i think shes to smart to not know

There was a reaction shot of Selina when Bane says "Mr. Wayne" in the sewer fight sequence. I don't think she knew until then.

That is one of the questions I still dont have an answer for. Im going to see it in about an hour for the second time so maybe ill have a better idea but right now id say she knows i think shes to smart to not know

I think she knew. She watched Batman get unmasked by Bane and Bane called him Bruce Wayne while she was within hearing ranges. Plus after that Blake asked her if Bruce Wayne was killed and she said she didn't know. Her reaction was that she knew it was Bruce. IMO

He most certainly did. He gave Alfred all he wanted, to know and see that he was at peace.

Yup.

I'd like to think too that Bruce couldn't find Alfred anyway to let him know that he's alive so the cafe way was the only way he could give the old man some happiness.

To everyone saying that Bruce is alive and the ending can't be left for interpretation, what if Bruce just committed suicide at the end? I mean I know that's a controversial take, but the way the film is cut, it sure seems like that happened and he died (how would he survive an atomic bomb?). He could've fixed the auto-pilot because he knew Blake would eventually become his heir, but maybe he didn't save himself.

I don't think so because Alfred sees Selina with Bruce. It would have been a random woman from behind if it were his fantasy. Yes it was cut to look like he was on board with the bomb 5 seconds before it blew. Maybe the Bat had hyper drive.

I think people are just looking way to far into the ending scene. take what you see very literally.

I think she knew. She watched Batman get unmasked by Bane and Bane called him Bruce Wayne while she was within hearing ranges. Plus after that Blake asked her if Bruce Wayne was killed and she said she didn't know. Her reaction was that she knew it was Bruce. IMO
Haha that's right! I've seen it twice and I still can't remember everything.

She knew Bruce Wayne was Batman before the fight. Hell, Bruce Wayne met her at her home to discuss the possibilities of her taking him to Bane.

Do you think Selina knew Bruce was Batman when he kept talking about his "powerful friend"?

she knew bruce was batman when bane called him mr. wayne during their first fight.

selina calling batman bruce's powerful friend was just her having fun with knowing bruce's secret.

Can I ask if anyone found it odd that not only did Alfred just leave Bruce after their argument.. But just totally disappeared til the end? Ive tried to look at it as maybe a symbolic thing.. Maybe Alfred died.. Idk what to think it is still extremely odd to me and makes little to no sense.

Just came back from seeing it. All I can say is lol at the people who lol'ed at the idea of John Blake even remotely having something to do with Robin.

I feel sorry for the crow population on Earth already.

Haha that's right! I've seen it twice and I still can't remember everything.

I'm not sure she knew who he was though at the time he kept saying "my powerful friend". The last scene I remember him saying it was when he talked to her in her apartment asking that she lead "his powerful friend" to Bane.

The movie clearly showed her surprise reactions to his being unmasked and being called Wayne. I don't think she knew before then.

I found it funny though that he knew she was "Catwoman" when he saw her in costume and there wasn't a big deal about it.

Can I ask if anyone found it odd that not only did Alfred just leave Bruce after their argument.. But just totally disappeared til the end? Ive tried to look at it as maybe a symbolic thing.. Maybe Alfred died.. Idk what to think it is still extremely odd to me and makes little to no sense.

Oh I brought up the same thing. Where the hell was Alfred during the entire battle of Gotham? Was he just hiding in the bat-bunker with a 6 month supply of food?

Yep, it was sad and weird for him to really leave. It was funny in the next scene when Lucius(?) is at the door and Bruce calls out for Alfred to answer. He must've thought he was still around.

I hate how little their relationship was displayed in the movie. Or even Alfred on his own.

Okay Nolan is trying to play inception here. Alfred left Bruce immediately because he said he would do so. It wouldn't mean much if Alfred took his sweet time. You don't threaten to leave and give 2 weeks notice. I assume Alfred left Gotham and then Bane struck. Basically he spent 5 months worried as hell but safe. Selena did not know Bruce was Batman until Bane said his name. She assumed that he was a rich boy funding Batman. During the fight she realizes how wrong she was about the guy. Bruce fixed the auto pilot(but the man loves driving his toys) and used it to detonate the bomb and save himself.

The Bat flies pretty damn fast so all those seconds was more then enough time to separate him from the bomb. Bruce Wayne lives at the end. He and Selena go away together. Alfred is happy. Bruce is happy.

John Blake is Robin and will become Batman.

Talia and Bane didn't just blow up the city because they wanted Bruce to suffer. It was all about making Bruce hurt and not simply completing the leagues plans. She explains it at the knife stab.

Oh I brought up the same thing. Where the hell was Alfred during the entire battle of Gotham? Was he just hiding in the bat-bunker with a 6 month supply of food?

I agree. It was almost so blatant that I'm questioning if certain things with this movie aren't as they appeared. Perhaps that was his and Alfred's goodbye meaning Alfred's somehow died.. In a symbolic way it could all make sense. To me it's really the only way this huge plot gap remotely makes sense. I know I'm reaching but I'm trying to find a way to not feel like I'm feeling at the moment.

I'm assuming Alfred left Gotham and then when Bane took over, Gotham was on lock down so there's really no way for Alfred to come back. Maybe?

Do you think Selina knew Bruce was Batman when he kept talking about his "powerful friend"?

She didn't know until Bane called him "Mister Wayne" in the sewer. When he came back they still referred to the "powerful friend" but they knew the truth was out by then

I wonder when I should expect to see:

a "DID HE DIE OR SURVIVE?" thread for Bruce in these forums in the near future since people still seem to be arguing as to whether bruce survived or not.lol

a "DID HE DIE OR SURVIVE?" thread for Bruce in these forums in the near future since people still seem to be arguing as to whether bruce survived or not.lol

Oh god... :cmad:

Yeah god forbid people interpret an ambiguous ending in different ways.

I'm assuming Alfred left Gotham and then when Bane took over, Gotham was on lock down so there's really no way for Alfred to come back. Maybe?

That makes sense, I wish we had at least one reaction shot of Alfred, from where ever he was, to show that he was still around and concerned for Bruce/Gotham.

Yeah god forbid people interpret an ambiguous ending in different ways.

lol; I don't think it's so much about different interpretations when it comes to the ending as opposed to people wondering on what's there to be interpreted..in a way.lol

I mean a lot of the people that I've talked to took the ending for what it was..so when they hear that there are those who are thinking that all is not what it appears to be...they're like scratching their heads in response...thinking...."It's like someone asking.. 'Oh Gambol didn't die in TDKR..the Joker just punched him off screen'...lol"

Or at least, THE ENDING thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"