Tea - The Greatest Drink in the World

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
As we have a thread wholly dedicated to Coffee, thought Tea deserved one as well.

For me, as the title suggest, the best drink, the most VITAL drink on the planet. I could not survive without it, couldn't start a day without it and if I was asked to give up tea or alcohol, it would be bye to the pint.

I drink vast amounts of it. I'm a Yorkshire Tea man and very rarely deviate from it, and barely a splash of milk.

Anyone else a fan ? I factor in it's much more of a UK thing to be consumed and fascinated by it but appreciate it's popular, the world over.

Last edited:
tumblr_mw1cwaQBay1rozvtbo3_r1_400.gif

Way more than coffee, Tea with something baked, whether cookies, crackers, toast or pastries is for sure on my daily comfort food list.

I flip flop between tea and coffee. Very rarely do I mix the two.
I’ve come to appreciate the flavoured teas in recent years, with my fave being lemon with ginger... Yum.

Who would have known you were so cultured...? :hehe:

Being Puerto Rican coffee, ala Bustelo, is the usual go to morning beverage of the culture. But my mom was a teen of the 1960's and she had a minor Anglophilia thing going on, and not just British Invasion music. The Saint, The Prisoner, any Brit Pop culture product of the mid to late 60's was her jam. As such my grandma noted how tea became mom's go to drink over coffee. As such... It was passed to me.

Nothing better on a cold brisk day than a cupa, with a simple sandwich on toasted bread.

But not that one....
How's about this... You trade Boris for me?

Granted... I have no government service experience and I decidedly did not go to Eton... But I'm thinking even I could do a better job.

At least... not worse.

How's about this... You trade Boris for me?

Granted... I have no government service experience and I decidedly did not go to Eton... But I'm thinking even I could do a better job.

At least... not worse.

Done. Now off to Brussels with you, sort this nonsense out will you. Ta muchly.

I prefer tea over coffee - provided I make it (tea seems to be easier to **** up). I normally have tea with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a mug of coffee mid-afternoon.

A coffee is something you'd take on the go but when your just chilling in the house (which is quite often due to lockdown) it's got to be tea.

Also, when I was in the US a few years back, I wanted a cup of tea but there was no kettle in our hotel room :huh:

Turns out, Americans don't really use them and usually just boil water in a pot. Only a country that does that would vote for Donald Trump.

A coffee is something you'd take on the go but when your just chilling in the house (which is quite often due to lockdown) it's got to be tea.

Also, when I was in the US a few years back, I wanted a cup of tea but there was no kettle in our hotel room :huh:

Turns out, Americans don't really use them and usually just boil water in a pot. Only a country that does that would vote for Donald Trump.

Absolutely at the bolded.

As for your other paragraphs where you dissect us as a whole...
F57EED8C-BE92-4A70-8CFC-18A7D16D04AF.gif
But I proudly own my kettle and that’s the only way to make tea for me lol.

I really prefer iced tea over hot, but last year I started going to a lot of afternoon teas. Great venue with a theme for each tea. I miss those and look forward to doing them again. I even got my son going. They would do kid friendly teas with book signings and etiquette lessons.

Last edited:
I drink neither tea or coffee. I drink mostly water. If I want something flavored I'll drink a Coke zero....but mostly I do water.

1F6FC67C-5B97-448F-9B3C-AA57125DDB70.jpeg I made the Starbucks medicine ball. I never had Starbucks so I’m pretty sure mine is not as good as theirs.

They cancelled performances left and right, but it seems they are still going ahead with afternoon teas.
Afternoon Tea

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"