Team Fortress 2 video from GC.

Hell... Just an X360 version is fine by me. It dosent have to be a cross platform title.

Not sure what you're saying, but if you're saying "I wish this were on 360", you're in luck. Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half Life 2, episodes 1 and 2, and I believe HL2: Deathmatch and Counter Strike: Source are all being ported to the 360, with all graphical enhancements that have been added to the source engine being backported into the older titles, all in one $60 package. If you're not saying that, nevermind :O

Does this mean inter-platform matches between 360 and PC? Because I'll have fun mercilessly whupping the collective asses of console players with my far superior PC setup. It'll be just like Quake III against Dreamcast players in the good ol' days. :up:

Mwuahahahaha! :gg:

Fenrir said:
Does this mean inter-platform matches between 360 and PC? Because I'll have fun mercilessly whupping the collective asses of console players with my far superior PC setup. It'll be just like Quake III against Dreamcast players in the good ol' days. :up:

Mwuahahahaha! :gg:
I don't know if you can with this game (I doubt it), but I know you can with the new Shadowrun game that's coming out if you plan on buying it (most don't, right now it looks like crap :(). If you do, I'll be happy to use my controller to put an end to this mouse and keyboard nonsense once and for all.

Manny Calavera said:
I don't know if you can with this game (I doubt it), but I know you can with the new Shadowrun game that's coming out if you plan on buying it (most don't, right now it looks like crap :(). If you do, I'll be happy to use my controller to put an end to this mouse and keyboard nonsense once and for all.

I dunno, we smacked around a lot of Dreamcast players playing Quake III back in the day.

Besides in my experience, a mouse will always be more precise and responsive in both slow and fast movements than an analog stick and that's why many first-person shooter enthusiasts prefer a mouse-keyboard combo even in games that do support a controller. Ah well, guess we won't know for sure until we duke it out online to properly decide once and for all, so it might be a pointless discussion now anyways.

Manny Calavera said:
Not sure what you're saying, but if you're saying "I wish this were on 360", you're in luck. Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half Life 2, episodes 1 and 2, and I believe HL2: Deathmatch and Counter Strike: Source are all being ported to the 360, with all graphical enhancements that have been added to the source engine being backported into the older titles, all in one $60 package. If you're not saying that, nevermind :O

The cross platform titles are the ones with multiplayer between PC and X360 versions of the same game.

Shadowrun will be the first cross platform enabled title with more on the way next year.

So we are getting it on X360? Thats great news then... I knew about HL2 but didnt know the others were coming too

Im a happy man now :up:

Fenrir said:
I dunno, we smacked around a lot of Dreamcast players playing Quake III back in the day.

Besides in my experience, a mouse will always be more precise and responsive in both slow and fast movements than an analog stick and that's why many first-person shooter enthusiasts prefer a mouse-keyboard combo even in games that do support a controller. Ah well, guess we won't know for sure until we duke it out online to properly decide once and for all, so it might be a pointless discussion now anyways.

The big problem with Mouse/keyboard vs Controller is...

1- You have a larger moving oint with a mouse compared to the narrow range of a thumb stick. This makes aiming harder for the controller people.
2- Turning around with a mouse is fast... With a thumb stick you are stuck at a slow turning rate... Mouse users would slaughter Controller users :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"