Team Sif/Team Foster?

What if there was one either side of me? :hehe:

Boo this poll

Last edited:
Team Loki. I just feel this incestous homoerotic vibe between them

I picked Foster because she's human and I always tend to root for the underdog :cwink:. I like Sif, but even for an Aesir she's a bit uppity at times...

Last edited:
Edit

Last edited:
I picked Foster because she's human and I always tend to root for the underdog :cwink:. I like Sif, but even for an Aesir she's a bit uppity at times...
But Jane Foster's boring, even JMS couldn't make her interesting. Sif is more fun, and more useful. Lord knows Don Blake/Thor wouldn't have survived Dr. Doom sending his Doombots after him if it had been Jane there instead of Sif serving as the human (or inhuman) shield. :cwink:

I'm still on Team Godzilla. Plus, Thor's a viking god, he can have all the wenches he desires.

Heh, she really is. Anyone who says otherwise should check out the old graphic novel, Thor: I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy. Sif is positively dripping with contempt for Earth and humanity in general in there. The implication I got was that plenty of gods felt that way, and I really wish current writers would devote an arc or two to dealing with the aristocratic angst they must be feeling at having their king move Asgard to Earth.

Even Loki (oh, the irony) called her out on it at one point and while she was quick with the comebacks she couldn't deny that he was right! As she's gotten more familiar with humanity she's learned to be a bit more 'umble and less judgmental. She's still got a long way to go though.Then again the Aesir do seem to be a rather haughty lot, they've thumbed their noses at beings that for all intents and purposes match them in power: dragons, giants, elves etc. So I don't entirely blame said beings for not liking them very much either...

Last edited:
Not just the Aesir; all the gods seem to be like that. It goes with the territory of having genuinely colossal power, living forever, and being worshiped, I think. :)

Not just the Aesir; all the gods seem to be like that. It goes with the territory of having genuinely colossal power, living forever, and being worshiped, I think. :)

That would only apply to the Skyfathers and a choice handful besides. Your average Asgardian isn't all that impressive, at least not by MU standards. A good number they need apples, ambrosia or whatever to artificially extend their lifespan, so they aren't truly immortal. There are mutants who are! As far as I am concerned they aren't 'gods' either, not any more than Mad Jim Jaspers for example. Primitives might have bowed before them as such but plucky humans know better now :cwink:. One has to wonder how much power they've already lost considering no one really worships them anymore...

None. Their appearance was somewhat influenced by worshipers and they can hear the prayers of true believers and such, but nothing I've read has suggested that their power is derived from worship. As far as I've seen, it's derived more from the planet itself.

I would argue that they were greater in ages past because they drew additional power from their worshipers (it has been hinted at more than once) and had less competition besides.

nogods.gif

He's got a point...

Were they greater? Thor seems to have pretty consistent power in every era we've seen him in, whether his pantheon has plenty of worshipers or not.

Also, quoting Vali Halfling for any reason only hurts your point. :oldrazz:

Were they greater? Thor seems to have pretty consistent power in every era we've seen him in, whether his pantheon has plenty of worshipers or not.

Also, quoting Vali Halfling for any reason only hurts your point. :oldrazz:

It's worth noting that Thor's mother is Gaia, an Elder power that arose before the appearance of humanity.

For all his faults Vali's a pretty good judge of what constitutes 'godhood', considering his heritage...

Vali's not a good judge of anything, considering his extreme *****edom and lameness. Plus, he's obviously biased. I'm looking forward to Cho and Thor smacking him around in the last issue of Prince of Power.

Also, every other god's power seems fairly consistent as well, taking into account the extreme variability of power levels over time in comics in general. Odin and Zeus are pretty much always uber-powerful, including in the present, when they have few worshipers. The only god who seems markedly different in the present is Ares, and he seems to have gotten more powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"