Transformers Teaser Trailer Ideas

We open with a long-distance shot of the International Space Station orbiting Earth. We focus on a NASA astronaut in his spacesuit doing repairs on the outside of the station. We hear him talking sh** to his buddies inside the station, and cut to some guys in those quaint blue jumpsuits roaming around in zero-gravity. Over their discussion, we hear a radio broadcast from Earth - a news item about growing hysteria and reported sightings of 'giant robots' - and then we see the astronaut outside turn away to grab another tool...

Close up of his faceplate as he notices something - we see a reflection of it in his helmet - as he whispers 'What the hell...?!?' over the growing rumble of a jet engine. Then...

BLAM!!! The rig he's standing on explodes, solar foils and whatnot flying in twenty different directions as the poor guy just starts tumbling helplessly off into space. Back on the ISS, some schmuck looks out one of the portholes and we see the reflection of three jet fighters roaring away, even hearing a familiar high-pitched cackle as they tear off back toward Earth.

Meanwhile, the astronaut drifting aimlessly into space is screaming for someone to help him and suddenly jerks to a stop when he hits some big blue metal-looking thing, which then arcs down so that he can stand on it. He's blubbering 'Thank God, thank...', then looks up and notices he's staring into the grill of a Kenworth Freightliner.

Camera pans off him as he stands up, looking back down to see that he's standing on a giant blue hand. He looks back up, at the camera...

From the chest up we see Optimus Prime, the dumbfounded astronaut still standing on his hand as Optimus says 'Greetings.'

Camera whips back real fast, zooming out to reveal that Optimus is standing in an open airlock on the Ark, which we then see in its entirety, dwarfing the ISS...

The zoom back zips into a flash of light, which morphs into the words THINGS CHANGE THIS SUMMER.

(Assuming the cameras start rolling in time to make the current 2007 release date :rolleyes:, odds are the first true trailer wouldn't show up till the previous fall or winter.)

I'm bumping this thread so we can have something to talk about. Any new ideas now that we have a decent idea of what Bay's vision might be for this flick? I'll have one up later.

Calm, serene landscape. We see a meteor falling from the sky over a lush green forest and explode onto a mountain. The camera pans slightly, we see strange creatures and realize that we're on prehistoric Earth. In the background we hear a looming mechanical sound accompanied by earth-shaking stomps quickly getting louder- closer! Suddenly, a huge metallic foot crashes into view--

We quickly zoom to modern times. We see shots of busy highways, traffic jams, smog. People in cities doing the daily grind.

"There are things stranger in heaven and earth, than we've ever dreamt of."
(either spoken or superimposed on the screen a la SM trailers)
(BTW, literature-minded folks will get the paraphrase)

We see a volcano rumble and partially erupt. It's obviously the same volcano. The camera pans back from a giant crevice on the side of the volcano. Metallic, strange, machinery is clearly visible.

"They've been with us since the dawn of time."

We see a quick shot of a motley convoy of vehicles- travelling down an otherwise empty highway-- with a truck leading the pack (wink to the fans).

"They hide among us.
But, now (dramatic pause) there's no hiding from them."

Various quickly edited shots of action-- jets flying, explosions, car chases, military combat, Sam kissing the girl, etc-- climaxing with a shot of Sam staring at something. What is it? We hear the classic transformation sound (or some dramatic, updated, variation of it)... and now Sam slowly looking up-- giving the impression that he's looking at something VERY big.

"Their war. Our world."

Same transforming logo as in the teaser.

P.S.
This need not contradict the first teaser... which easily could have been about Decepticons warping to Earth in response to detecting the Ark's activation (after looking for the longest time).

I like that CFlash, the Ark stuff could easily be in this tesaer trailer, and not in the movie [provided the writers did not write it in]. It could however still be considered cannon for the seqels. Good job, I started to get goosebumps. Wanna see a close up of robot face though. :yay:

I have great ideas for both the teaser and the preview trailer, but for now I'll just do the teaser.

First part the camera view pans around the desert, then we here a soldier say "where that come from" pointing to an incoming Blackout in vehicle mode.

Then we see old version of BB scream past the screen without a driver, sam stands back in suprise of the absent driver.

We hear scientists talking about some project relating to the all spark with the camera slowly zooming in on Frenzy in his stereo mode at the pentagon.

Then we go back to the desert where soldiers are firing on something (Scorponok) in a dust cloud yelling "we are in some serious s***".

Then back to a warehouse at night time where we see the shadow of BB walking to release a becon to the other auto bots.

*Darkness* voice - "They are coming"

Flashes of orbs falling toward earth.

Sam Witwickey slowly stepping backwards as the camera starts to rise over him with a voice "Sam Witwicky, grandson of Archibald Witwicky?" Sam- "Y y yyes!" The back of a blueheaded robot lowers saying "I am Optimus Prime"

*Darkness*

Camera zooms out of the earth like the first teaser with the transformers name transforming followed by the date, then the Autobot logo.

What we are proubly gona see is nothing. The Trailer will show scenes of space and words will fly around the screen. The only fan thing we will hear is Autobots, Transform and Roll out. Then TRANSFORMERS 747.

CFlash, really cool premise. I can just feel the mood of the entire teaser from your description. Very cool indeed.

Avan, I like the last part with prime sans the archibald witwicky dialogue. But its not enough action in it to get me excited like a teaser trailer should *insert lame attempt at shh innuendo here*. And I don't want to see ANY Skorponok crap...I get enough Starship Troopers vibe from that one pic...imagine a whole teaser full of it.

for marketing purposes i think it would be smart to include steven spielbergs name somewhere....

...if i didnt give a **** about the movie... that name would certainly catch my attention.

nosebleed said:
Here's mine:​

It is the middle of the night on 16th street in downtown (random city). A bunch of rowdy teenagers in a souped up Acura pull up to the left of a Subaru WRX at a red light. The Subaru's windows are tinted so the teenagers cannot see the driver. The teens shout out their window,

"Hey you!! Let's do this!! Your car ain't got nothing under that hood!"

Both cars rev their engines and wait impatiently for the light to turn green. GREENLIGHT...both cars BLAST forward with the power of almost 300 horses pulling each car.

LOL!!! 1 year old ricer fantasy. I like the 50's racing slang. Have you ever raced? I'll give you one thing, the punk kids driving imports are annoying as hell and it is a Michael Bay, so the lingo and drama will be a little, okay, very cheezy.

xwolverine2 said:
you cant say "****" in a trailer...lol

no, but they can do that thing they always do in trailers where the person starts to swear and they cut away.

NolGoyHater said:
LOL!!! 1 year old ricer fantasy. I like the 50's racing slang. Have you ever raced? I'll give you one thing, the punk kids driving imports are annoying as hell and it is a Michael Bay, so the lingo and drama will be a little, okay, very cheezy.
]

Its meant to be a teaser that looks like any other "Fast and Furious" crap but is actually something else...more than meets the eye. Obviously you didn't get it and chose to be an ash about it...congrats on that.

nosebleed, I think your teaser idea is pretty neat actually.

:up:

nosebleed said:
]

Its meant to be a teaser that looks like any other "Fast and Furious" crap but is actually something else...more than meets the eye. Obviously you didn't get it and chose to be an ash about it...congrats on that.

Ah yes, you mean like back when they did the Austin Powers trailer that looked like a Star Wars trailer until who we thought was Vader turned out to be Dr Evil :up:

venom4life said:
nosebleed, I think your teaser idea is pretty neat actually.

:up:

Thanks...I wrote it with my Binaltech Smokescreen in mind with him being a WRX and all.

I'm gonna edit something into this post let me find it.

Fade into Sam standing in the moonlight. We hear metal grinding against metal merged with the classic tranforming sound as something big an shiny blots out the moon. As the transofrmation happens we see bits and pieces of it as we zoom in on Sam's face from a point somwhere above where OP's shoulder will be. The silhoette of the thing is too difficult to make out. A giant figure stands in front of Sam where a truck was before the strange noises. Sam stares shocked and trembling up at figure. Steam is slowly dissapating from around the shining, yet slightly dented, feet of the monolith as we hear a metallic voice say from the robot, "Samuel James Witwicky?" Sam studders and sweats as he replies, "Uh-huh?" It pans out to show Optimus Prime in half darkness, his face and shoulders are visible. The robot states in a commanding and confident voice, making shudders of surrounding homes and Sam himself tremble, "I am Optimus Prime."

Cut to black.

Alone trumpet is heard playing the TF theme as the words, "On 7-4-7 Things will Change," appear in metallic writing on screen.

Applause from the audience ensues.

Jimmy said:
I'm gonna edit something into this post let me find it.

Fade into Sam standing in the moonlight. We hear metal grinding against metal merged with the classic tranforming sound as something big an shiny blots out the moon. As the transofrmation happens we see bits and pieces of it as we zoom in on Sam's face from a point somwhere above where OP's shoulder will be. The silhoette of the thing is too difficult to make out. A giant figure stands in front of Sam where a truck was before the strange noises. Sam stares shocked and trembling up at figure. Steam is slowly dissapating from around the shining, yet slightly dented, feet of the monolith as we hear a metallic voice say from the robot, "Samuel James Witwicky?" Sam studders and sweats as he replies, "Uh-huh?" It pans out to show Optimus Prime in half darkness, his face and shoulders are visible. The robot states in a commanding and confident voice, making shudders of surrounding homes and Sam himself tremble, "I am Optimus Prime."

Cut to black.

Alone trumpet is heard playing the TF theme as the words, "On 7-4-7 Things will Change," appear in metallic writing on screen.

Applause from the audience ensues.

This is great and would've been great if it was released instead of Bay's joke of a Transformer/Mars teaser...but I think the teaser coming out this winter should have a considerable amount of action to wet people's appetites instead of just rousing curiosity.

nosebleed said:
This is great and would've been great if it was released instead of Bay's joke of a Transformer/Mars teaser...but I think the teaser coming out this winter should have a considerable amount of action to wet people's appetites instead of just rousing curiosity.

Agreed, although I did like the announcement teaser, I can't wait to check out this new teaser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"