Days of Future Past ** TEASER TRAILER Thread - Countdown: Tuesday 29! [First snippet!]

As if Youtube numbers mean anything significant at all. Why can't people just enjoy something without having to make pointless comparisons?

You keep updating that by the day. As if Youtube numbers mean anything significant regarding box office tally.

Even the likes and dislikes mean nothing as they're a literal small percentage of the overall views so they only tell us millions of people are too lazy to rate :woot:

We'll know if DOFP is a success when we see the reviews and Box office takings.

You keep updating that by the day. As if Youtube numbers mean anything significant regarding box office tally.

Who said it did? Looks like you took that personally, lmao.

I see DOFP being the underdog compared to Spider-Man and Captain America, I'm just glad to see the trailer being so well viewed and received.

You speak as if the thread's title is Box Office Predictions. :whatever:

His comparisons are relevant because they are a gauge of how people are accepting the trailer. And while there are clearly many people who haven't "liked" or "disliked" while viewing, it's also fair to say we could use the existing results as a pattern of perception.

You speak as if the thread's title is Box Office Predictions.

It'd be equally irrelevant if it were. Because Youtube.

His comparisons are relevant because they are a gauge of how people are accepting the trailer
That's the thing, Youtuber's are considerably easy to please. As long as the video isn't fundamentally horrible, it will get likes. Then there are trolls who always vote a given video down just because. It doesn't mean anything.

I see DOFP being the underdog compared to Spider-Man and Captain America, I'm just glad to see the trailer being so well viewed and received.

I can definitely see DOFP eclipsing Captain America. Perhaps Marvel Studios is aware of Cap's ceiling, especially in relation to May heavy hitters, hence the April release date. It all depends on how good the film is, but I definitely think X-men has a higher roof than Cap. ASM is the undisputed the winner though. Spider-man always had a wide appeal. Even a mediocre movie like ASM can get close to 800 million dollars while sandwiched between TDKR and Avengers.

You speak as if the thread's title is Box Office Predictions. :whatever:

His comparisons are relevant because they are a gauge of how people are accepting the trailer. And while there are clearly many people who haven't "liked" or "disliked" while viewing, it's also fair to say we could use the existing results as a pattern of perception.

Exactly. And in 1 week, the trailer for DOFp will get more views than the trailer for Cap 2.

YouTube doesn't necessarily translate to box-office success, but obviously if a trailer is getting more than 10 million views, obviously there's a big interest to the movie. Then if the movie like DOFP is catching up to its potential competition when it comes to trailer views, its a sign for DOFP that its gaining more attention compare to the other movie.

Exactly. And in 1 week, the trailer for DOFp will get more views than the trailer for Cap 2.

YouTube doesn't necessarily translate to box-office success, but obviously if a trailer is getting more than 10 million views, obviously there's a big interest to the movie. Then if the movie like DOFP is catching up to its potential competition when it comes to trailer views, its a sign for DOFP that its gaining more attention compare to the other movie.
Another factor that I haven't seen mentioned here is the fact that even outside the U.S., there is great interest for X-Men as a whole. I've lived in other countries (Philippines, Korea, Mexico, Italy) and I remember the 90s cartoon being shown there every Saturday morning as it was here. So yeah, people outside the U.S. are invested in the X-men franchise and characters too. That's probably the reason for why the trailer has more views and likes than the Captain America one for a relatively shorter amount of time, as I don't think people in other countries are as interested with Cap.

Well obviously, X-Men is still bigger than Captain America, worldwide. I don't see it changing next year especially X-Men has a better release date and has a bigger roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"