The Flash Teddy Sears IS Jay Garrick

Jesse

Old Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I would love to see this show's take on The Flash #123 and I think that's probably the best way to go about introducing Jay Garrick into the show.

13509_20051127231652_large.jpg

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
the-flash-teddy-sears-jay-garrick.jpg

CW superhero series “The Flash” is adding two more DC Comics characters to its heroic roster.

The executive producers announced at Comic-Con on Saturday that the characters of Jay Garrick and Patty Spivot will appear on the series in season two.

Comic-book aficionados know Jay as the first character to hold the mantle of The Flash, making his debut in the 1940s. Teddy Sears (“Masters of Sex”) will play the early speedster on the CW series. Eagle-eyed “Flash” fans may have spotted Jay’s iconic winged helmet in the season one finale. In the show, Jay is a mysterious figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and his team at S.T.A.R. Labs of an impending danger that he alone cannot hope to stop.

“Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said in a statement. “It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy.”

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-flash-jay-garrick-teddy-sears-season-2-1201538467/

Last edited by a moderator:
The sooner Jay shows up the better as far as I'm concerned.

I still they both Berlanti & Guggenheim (plus the Smallville showrunners before them) missed a trick having Shipp as Jay.

Maybe in season 2 or 3.

Yeah I wouldn't have him show up sooner than that either. I think it would be cool if his appearance ties into whatever is going on with Barry's season arc somehow. Like the discovery of parallel Earths having to do with Barry learning about the Speed Force or something.

I can see them introducing him next season to introduce Speed Force.

The sooner Jay shows up the better as far as I'm concerned.

How old would you want Jay to be though? I don't want to see him as a senior citizen but I'd prefer it if Jay was a little older and more experienced that Barry. That way Barry could have a mentor in all things speed related. (Well one that's not a manipulative murderous psychopath like Professor Zoom / Dr. Wells.)

Jay being around Joe's age would seem just about right for me.

Perhaps when Barry can travel through time he will go back in time and meet Jay Garrick who will be the Flash of the 1950's

Unless Jay's heroics as the Flash of his era never got past rumors and urban legends, it would be somewhat of a huge recton to say that there was a previous Flash before Barry, let alone before the particle accident given on how it's supposedly the factor that led towards metahumans existing in this universe.

Jay could of been an urban legend saving people and I think they will explore the speed force as well as how the Flash powers work in more detail in the future.

Unless Jay's heroics as the Flash of his era never got past rumors and urban legends, it would be somewhat of a huge recton to say that there was a previous Flash before Barry, let alone before the particle accident given on how it's supposedly the factor that led towards metahumans existing in this universe.

But superman already exists in this shared universe (assuming Supergirl is in the same universe) so it can be ok.

Perhaps when Barry can travel through time he will go back in time and meet Jay Garrick who will be the Flash of the 1950's

If they go that route I'd hope they could come up with a clever way to explain the existence of metahumans before the particle accelerator incident and also why no one has ever heard of them. Perhaps they were part of a government experiment and worked on Harry S. Truman's secret team of heroes. That would be a nice nod to All-Star Squadron / Justice Society.

Honestly though I would prefer it if Jay was part of a 1950's era Earth 2.

I really hope we see Jay Garrick at some point. I'm still disappointed that John Wesley Shipp isn't playing him.

James Van Der Beek for Jay Garrick.

Seriously, he's awesome.

This would be the perfect way to introduce the concept of the Justice Society. All you'd have to do is move the team to the 1960s or 70s to keep em fresh, not to mention give the team more of a reason to distrust Dr. Wells. Remember that he said that there weren't any meta humans before the particle accelerator went off? Perhaps part of his plan to ''help'' Barry be a better hero?

I'd love to see him. He's the character JWS should've played (IMO).

That makes two of us

That makes three of us. It was a missed opportunity. They could even have included some archive footage from the old show with Shipp testing out his powers not in costume to give us a younger looking version of him still played by the same actor.

Four of us. Especially considering that before we learned that JWS was Barrys dad, we saw set photos of him wearing a red hoodie and everyone thought 'OMG - he's playing Jay - thats perfect'.

If anyone looks like Barry's dad, it's Harrison Wells. Of course, Kavanagh is doing a very good job of playing him, so it would also be a waste to have him just sitting in a prison cell as the extent of his role. But they could've gotten someone else in the part of Allen Sr.

If anyone looks like Barry's dad, it's Harrison Wells. Of course, Kavanagh is doing a very good job of playing him, so it would also be a waste to have him just sitting in a prison cell as the extent of his role. But they could've gotten someone else in the part of Allen Sr.

Yeah. DW Moffitt would've made a better Allen Sr, and we get Shipp as Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"