Teen Titans East, official thread!

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by The Flash!, May 4, 2006.

1. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Well, first off, Supergirl didn't have the same ID. Her name was Linda Danvers. Pre Crisis Supergirl was Linda Lee. They actually made reference to the reason for the similarity in the last story arc, where the Supergirl to whome the book belonged to met Pre-Crisis Supergirl in a little time hiccup that landed her in the Pre Crisis DC earth. And, as for her not being Superman's cousin, there was a reason for that. One that I personally agree with. They were trying to have Superman, the last son of Krypton, actually be the last son of Krypton. Not the last son of Krypton, except for those three criminals, his cousin, his dog, and an entire city of tiny people.

2. The Flash! Registered

Q knows his stuff!

3. Green Lantern Brightest Day

WRONG. She was Linda Lee UNTIL she got adopted by Fred and Edna DANVERS. Then she was Linda Lee Danvers. In fact she was for MOST of her existance. If need be I can scan some proof. Trust me here, I know my s**t. He doesn't have to be the only survivor of Krypton for the character to work. As long as its not over done other survivors can work very well. Is the fact that J'Onn is no longer the only Martian (and for a long time he was) detrimental to his character?

4. Green Lantern Brightest Day

I'm not picking you apart to be mean, I'd do the same to anyone who makes statements that aren't really plausible. Sorry if I've offended you Assassin.

5. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Didn't know that.

Well, all the other surviving Martians are homicidal fascists who hate J'onn. So, that adds a certain layer to his story, since while he's not alone, the others like him want to kill him, so he's still alone. Having Superman still have a dog, a cousin, and an entire city full of Kryptonians, it enables him to be too caught up in his alien heratige. What DC was trying to do in part aswell was to emphasize his humanity.

Listen, I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying, while she may not have been Superman's cousin, that doesn't make her a terrible character and it doesn't make her stories suck. Besides, the Peter David series even aknowleged the Pre Crisis Supergirl. She was the main part of their final story arc.

6. Green Lantern Brightest Day

[​IMG]
    No, that was due to horrible writing. Whats funny is that this is the SECOND time she was phased out of existance by editorial. Mike Carlin hated her too.

7. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I guess I just don't see how it's bad.

8. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

i'm just saying that i dont believe half the **** that comes out of my own mouth, so dont take me seriously ;)

9. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

Even I knew that. :up:

10. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Peter David wouldn't be availabe to write Titans East for a little while anyway...didn't he sign an exclusive with Marvel recently?

11. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Oh, did he? Well, no matter. It wouldn't have to be David, that was just an idea. I'd simply like to see someone other than Johns. The guy's bloody everywhere.

12. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

13. Green Lantern Brightest Day

Because it's destroying the whole concept of what Supergirl was intended to be. That was Superman's cousin from Krypton. Instead the Matrix/Angel "Supergirl" had originally VERY little ties to Superman. She was from an alternate reality where there was no Superman, and was sent to get him to defeat the Phantom Zone criminals. What freaking right did she have to call herself Supergirl, or where his symbol? Thats what made me mad. If that character had been a different hero, and not "Supergirl" it may have been a good character, but to me it was John Byrne cheaply deciding "We need a Supergirl but she can't be Kara, so lets make her a protoplasmic blob!"

14. twylight One And Only

WHOA there....

*checks his blood pressure*

Let's turn our rage to the 'new' supergirl. ;)

15. Green Lantern Brightest Day

At least the new Supergirl has the pedigree to have that title :mad:

16. Mogwai Fanboy

I think I would want this.. Gar leading one team and Vic the other.

17. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

The Doom Patrol aren't the Titans though. It's members are way too old, except for Beast Boy, Bumblebee, and the Herald. They are a collection of freaks, the Titans are a collection of teenagers.

18. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

That doesn't make her stories bad. That just makes her not the supergirl you wanted. There's a difference between bad stories and giving a character a name that you don't think fits. What I'm asking is, what from Peter David's comic do you think was poorly written?

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Weren't you a fan of Conner? :confused:

20. Green Lantern Brightest Day

Conner, being a clone of Clark DID have the pedigree. Matrix "Supergirl" wasn't a clone of Kara. She was a freaking protoplasmic blob. Who then merged with an angel, then unmerged and other things. Conner also didn't blatantly rip off his silver age predeccessor's secret identity like "Supergirl" did. Hell, he didn't even HAVE a secret ID for most of his life.

I told you. First off I HATED THE CHARACTER. I'm sorry but even if it was brilliantly written (which I don't think it was) I'm not going to enjoy a comic about a character I don't like. Secondly, the fact that David couldn't be original enough to come up with a secret ID that wasn't just a blatant thieving of the silver age Supergirl's. Third, I didn't enjoy the first arc, nor how he did handle Silver Age Supergirl in "Many Happy Returns." Otto Binder, Paul Levitz, Cary Bates, Paul Kupperberg and Marv Wolfman handled the character with much more poise and intelligence than David did.

21. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

First off, Matrix didn't fuse with an angel. She fused with a human, and the amalgimated entity became an angel. And, I don't see how you can dislike Supergirl for one reason, but like Superboy even though he does the same damn thing. Superboy is not what the origional Superboy was intended to be. He's Superman's clone, not Superboy as a kid.

Fine. Whatever. But really, having the same ID was an homage more than anything else. He couldn't use Pre-Crissi Supergirl, so he honored her by having the same name.

22. Green Lantern Brightest Day

But Superboy at least had a connection to Superman. "Supergirl" didn't. She wore his symbol and emulated some of his powers, but she had no actual blood relation to Kal-El. Conner was a young clone of Kal-El. What would that make him? Kal-El as a boy. What was the original concept for Superboy? Kal-El as a boy. :eek: "Supergirl" was a protoplasmic blob from an alternate universe. What did that make her? A protoplasmic blob from an alternate universe. What was the original concept for Supergirl? Superman's cousin Kara Zor-El from Krypton. Like I said; if the character wasn't using a title she didn't deserve, I may have liked her. But as such I couldn't find myself liking SGINO. And the one time Peter David had access to Kara, made me happy that that WAS the only time. He didn't do the character justice.

23. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Ok, its not like im not enjoying your little argument about Supergirl/Matrix/Cir-El/Superboy/Krypto/Beppo whatever, but what does it have to do with Teen Titans East again?

24. Green Lantern Brightest Day

Question said they need to get David on TTE, I said they need to keep David as far away from DC as possible.

25. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Marvel solved that by offering him an exclusive i believe. You guys really are arguing for the sake of argument.