Teen Titans East, official thread!

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by The Flash!, May 4, 2006.

1. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

$10 on Cyborg leading them.

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I think so, too. Not only does it fit with the "Titans Tomorrow" future that's supposed to be more integrated into the present, but I have a feeling Cy might become disillusioned with the Titans. They've gotten a bit bleaker lately, after all, and he's practically bullying Kid Devil and Ravager simply for not being familiar members of the Titans to him. I think Beast Boy will stay with the Doom Patrol and, although Wonder Girl will rejoin the Titans, Cy will be disappointed at her and Robin's inability to let go of Conner and branch off to form his own team.

3. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

Yeah exactly, he's going on and on about wanting the real Titans back. So I think he's going to form them with probably Raven - when they find her. Then a host of old Titans so he can have his "real" Titans back.

4. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Smart move on DC's part for revamping the Titans while keeping old Titans fans happy, if that turns out to be the case. A certain other publisher could learn a thing or two from that. ;)

5. warren_sparta27 Registered

i'm thinking that Robin will lead the TT with Ravager, Kid Devil, Wonder Girl and maybe Plastic man's son and Zatana, is that his name?
    and the new raven mini series might be about her forming a new titans, recruiting Cy to lead them, and bring in Speedy, aquagirl, maybe Bart....how old is he supposed to be now?
    i also have a feeling that we will see Wally's twins soon becoming the new kid flashes.
    and another idea i had was that Blue Beetle might join the Titans to get some training from Robin or Cy?

6. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'd prefer if Blue Beetle stayed out of the Titans. I don't think every teen hero floating around DC at the moment needs to be affiliated with the Titans in some way.

7. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

I'd like to see some of the forgotten supporting teens from Young Justice come back (Lagoon Boy, Empress, the Point Men)

8. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

I'd definatly like to see Lagoon Boy.

Hell I'd like to see Damage and Ray Terrill if they arn't going to play a part with the new Freedom Fighters.

9. Tropico Crusty, ol' curmudgeon.

Unfortunately, the Ray in Freedom Fighters is already confirmed to be a new one. I dunno why the hell, but they're placing a new Human Bomb, Phantom Lady and Ray in the team.

I love the Titans but I don't think they're all that successful as to have another title. Herald and Bumblebee are a little old to be TEEN Titans, I don't think they were all that active as to be suitable mentors like some of the other ex-Titans could be. It would be interesting if Robin manages to "re-clone" Superboy and that would create tensions between the members where even Kon would prefer to be in a separate team. I have no idea for a roster at this moment. If the writers can pleasantly surprise me like they did with Kid Devil, I'll have that. As a Blue Devil fan, I know what a pain he was and I was extremely skeptical as to the addition of the character.

10. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

I would think Bumblebee would be the same age as say Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire, who at the beginning of the New TT, I thought would be to old.

Any chance of brand new Teens being made for the TTE? I'm not talking about making a new Speedy either, I'm talking brand spanking new.

11. The Batman The Dark Knight

You nailed it about Teen Titans. YJ was good because David actually wrote them as if they were Teenage Superheroes.

The issues where they just kicked back, watched some TV, or went camping were the best.

But, David is marvel exclusive now.

12. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I think Johns is writing them just fine as teenagers. He's covering the standard adolescent issues and treating them as I imagine any teenager who works their ass off to be a superhero and live up to an ideal set by the previous generation should be treated. Teen Titans doesn't have the same tone as Young Justice, that's all; and the tonal shift should've probably been expected, given the change in title. People looking for Young Justice shouldn't expect to find it in Teen Titans anymore than people expecting the classic Avengers should expect to find it in New Avengers.

13. The Batman The Dark Knight

Part of my problem is with the constantly serious tone. I mean, anyone who's read YJ, Impulse, Superboy, and Chuck Dixon's Robin know that these characters were somewhat happier than they are now. Its depressing to see how sad they've become.

My main problem with this Teen Titans is that....they dont do teenage things. They just sit around in the tower and then go off on another adventure. In yJ, you had them camping out, going to a concert in civillian clothing, watching TV, etc. Thats what i wanna see in TT, along with the crazy superhero stuff. Also, Barts become boring, and Conner, before his death, a little too cocky.

14. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Basically. I remember when they used to hang out anf have fun and talk about teenage stuff like argueing over weather Joss Whedon shows suck or not. Now, they're all moping about how horrible their lives are. Well, yeah. They're not even eighteen and they're costumes vigilantes who have a shaky relationship with the authorities and see death and missery every day. But they used to cope with it by having fun in their off hours.

Again, my sentaments exactly. Bart, Conner, and Tim have been stripped of their apeal. Bart's not funny anymore, Conner isn't the slightly arrogant popular guy, and because bothe of them have changed, Tim's role as the straight man of the group loses it's meaning.

15. Fantastic Fan22 Registered

Where was this confirmed?

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

True, the tone is more depressing, but I think that's mostly a consequence of Infinite Crisis. I think in another two or three arcs the Titans will be back to a stabler, lighter tone. Plus, they were together a lot more for Young Justice. They only get together as the Titans on weekends, according to the current series.

Regarding Conner, I thought he was a lot cockier in Young Justice. He came more down to earth, then fell out of the hero game completely after "The Insiders," and finally he leveled out at a reasonable level of confidence with a little of the bravado he's always had during the latter part of Infinite Crisis.

Bart always annoyed me, so his calming down a bit was actually welcome for me.

17. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

I had a chance to speak to Justin Gray and he confirmed that all the Freedom Fighters were new expect Uncle Sam.

He said he didn't know what Ray Terrill was doing but would ask. After asking he said that he "couldn't tell us" :D

18. The Batman The Dark Knight

Maybe so. I just hope they get conner and and bart back again, with some new teen heroes who arent sidekicks, and lighten things up. If anything, IMO, the fact that they only get together on weekends should be more incentive for them to have fun.

Bart was annoying, but that was apart of his charm, IMO. Bart was a unique hero with a great concept that david perfected in YJ.

Damn i miss that series.

19. Nightwing 52 Things change

Argent and Risk will be apart of the new East team.

20. Joined:
    May 27, 2004
    how dyou know that?

21. WonderWoman Registered

Yay, there really is a god! :O

22. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

What he said.

23. Nightwing 52 Things change

Click here to read it from it's source.

24. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Hasn't LitG been wrong before? A lot?

25. Nightwing 52 Things change

I recall them being the ones who reported that there would be a slight delay with the new Spirit series, along with the Batman and Spirit team up. Turns out, they were right.

However, I'll wait for Geoff to give an official word.