Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, Raven looks ridiculous

Raven_zps91b5ef5c.jpg

This books needs a new artist and costume designer.

Eddy Barrows (Nightwing) will replace Brett Booth from #17 onwards and Brett Booth will be drawing Nightwing from #19 onwards.

Last edited:
fyi tim was mind-controlled to have sex with solstice and cassie

aka rape

tbqh

Yeah...
I'm pretty much ignoring all of what happens in Teen Titans. Here's hoping that Tim's cameos in Batman and Robin will be more...redeeming.

Haha, Raven looks ridiculous

Raven_zps91b5ef5c.jpg

:facepalm:

G-Force on Crack. Just when DC looks like it's hit bottom they get a shovel and dig deeper.

Call me when Didio and his crew of morons are fired and New 52 is over...

I just wish Superman would take a shower and say New 52 was just a dream.

Bart, how they've ruined you. So glad this is ending/getting relaunched.

What hero hasn't been ruined in this title? I'm half expecting Harvest to turn out to be a future version of Tim when all things are said and done.

I'm praying for a writer who can write a coherent story. Is it to much to ask for Marv Wolfman or Fabian Nicieza?

Bart, how they've ruined you. So glad this is ending/getting relaunched.
It's gotten blatantly obvious that it's Inertia. That said, yeah, they totally ruined Bart. Lobdell's run on Teen Titans was so damn bad to the point where it made me flat out angry that Teen Titans is on the list of books that just don't get dropped. Makes me wish I didn't even like Teen Titans :csad:

It's gotten blatantly obvious that it's Inertia. That said, yeah, they totally ruined Bart. Lobdell's run on Teen Titans was so damn bad to the point where it made me flat out angry that Teen Titans is on the list of books that just don't get dropped. Makes me wish I didn't even like Teen Titans :csad:

Ha, yeah. It's the DC book I have the most attachment to and the New52 has not been kind to it. I would complain about the drastic changes to most of the team members' personalities but I guess that's the point of rebooting an entire comic universe.

Teen Titans was one of the books I knew I HAD to get when the New 52 launched. It's ok, it has some good moments, but it's not a Batman or GL quality book.

Is it ending or getting relaunched?

Not sure about a relaunch yet, but it's def ending. This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I haven't been feeling the majority of GL books at all since Johns left. Red Lanterns is the only one I enjoy consistently.

I only got into GL like 2 years ago with Johns run and I was quite excited to see somebody new take over but yea, GL, GLC and even New Guardians barely do anything for me. Dropped Larfleeze after a few issues too. Red Lanterns has been awesome with Guy though

I enjoy GL and New Guardians, not reading the other two.

I came here to see if there was any discussion on the cancellation of Teen Titans and it hasn't seemed to be brought up. What does everyone think?

I just found out about it when I was looking up solicits and noticed it wasn't releasing any new issues. I understand that Teen Titans has been sub-par but I am sad to see it go... but hey, maybe they could use this opportunity to relaunch it with a better writer and bring interest back to the series. Just re-brand it "Young Justice" and you can go anywhere you want with it. You can have a whole new set of characters if you want. They are reintroducing Wally West to the New 52 so maybe he can be apart of it. Tim, Superboy, Wally... Beast boy, maybe. i dont know

yeah i'm sad too. Teen Titans was one of the comics I was most interested in reading, and it was ok at parts, but they took too many liberties, and didn't make much sense in some character choices (like Raven's new outfit!). Oh well, maybe they'll do better next time.

I just found this thread, and I have to admit, I'm really happy this incarnation is being cancelled. This last year and a half has effectively butchered everything that originally got me interested in these characters, and the overall performance of the book suggests that Scott Lobdell himself has given up on the book and has viewed it as a chore since sometime before the Trigon arc. This series, and these characters, desperately need a radical shift in just about everything.

This is the last holdout and survivor of a Young Justice comic line that included the youth rosters of three different comic companies and pedigrees stretching back to WWII. And of our final issues in this comic, our roster includes one totally acceptable and fun original character :yay: banished from the current storyline:huh:, a Beast Boy turned red and also banished from the current storyline:huh:, Solstice as a character only four years old and completely transformed and butchered on a confusingly plotted exit from the book:csad:, a Wondergirl who wears Trigon powered armor with a tiny connection to Wonder Woman mentioned once:doh:, two Superboys :wow:with convoluted origins both torn from the book with no real foreshadowing or purpose for a crossover:cmad:, some idiot hacker-athlete who got his parents nearly killed so he assumed the alias "Tim Drake" and only wore the mantle of Red Robin:cmad:, and an intergalactic terrorist from an incompetently plotted future named Bar Torr in a Kod Flash costume and zero connection to Bart Allen:cmad:!

What the bad place!?!

My only real hope is that Lobdell, who was one of the masterminds behind the time travel hijinks and reboots at Marvel in the 1990s, uses his walking plot device and Villain Sue Harvest to erase this entire tenure from continuity, and then follows it up by writing a good origin for Tim Drake in Secret Origins #3. He could do it, he seems aware of the flaws with the run, and it seem the best way to clear the deck for a new team.

Because the current status quo is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"