Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 2

I have a question: Has anybody read Teen Titans: Earth One Volume 2 yet, and, if so, can they please give me some information on the plot and any new characters that are introduced? I'm looking to use the Earth One Titans graphic novels as inspiration for a "virtual television" Titans series, but don't have the money to purchase the graphic novel myself right now.

I've been reading TT for over three years now, on and off. I was enjoying the new 52 until they did a soft reboot. Then at some point I felt like they rebooted it again (Bart was back, I was confused). It feels like every arc deals with them fighting, and breaking apart. I think I dropped off after the Manchester guy showed up.

Looking forward to the new TT in Oct.

I've been reading TT for over three years now, on and off. I was enjoying the new 52 until they did a soft reboot. Then at some point I felt like they rebooted it again (Bart was back, I was confused). It feels like every arc deals with them fighting, and breaking apart. I think I dropped off after the Manchester guy showed up.

Looking forward to the new TT in Oct.

I think even calling it a soft reboot would be a bit generous; it was mostly just handing the book off to a new writer. Kid Flash Bar Torr's return was mostly just a sloppy attempt to set up a Titans vs Titans story that soon got derailed.

Kind of like how I see everything about the New 52 Teen Titans as derailing the characters; it all started out okay, if not spectacular, than the Culling was massive waste of time, we had two decent stories with Mystery Island and Wonder Girl's origin (thanks to Fabian Nicieza making Scott Lobdell's story funny instead of melodramatic tripe), than a pretty crappy tie-in to Death of the Family, than we got to watch a horrible retread of the Trigon story that involved the rape of Wondergirl and Red Robin, than both Kid Flash and Superboy had stupidly constructed and convuluted stories that made them both mass murderers, than we had the Villain sue of Harvest show up for the last issue. Than Pfieffer came on and nothing much happened until Superboy got again made into a murderer and we had to put up with freakin' Harvest again.

Understand, I don't begrudge you your enjoyment of the New 52 Teen Titans. But as far as I'm concerned, the Pfeiffer-written volume 2's biggest problem was not torching the previous run and acting like it never happened. And I think the new Rebirth book will probably be best served by never treating the New 52 volumes as history, while Tim Drake hopefully gets rehabilitated in Detective Comics and eventually someone brings back Kon, Bart and Cassie, and ignores the wrecks Scott Lobdell made them.

I think even calling it a soft reboot would be a bit generous; it was mostly just handing the book off to a new writer. Kid Flash Bar Torr's return was mostly just a sloppy attempt to set up a Titans vs Titans story that soon got derailed.

Kind of like how I see everything about the New 52 Teen Titans as derailing the characters; it all started out okay, if not spectacular, than the Culling was massive waste of time, we had two decent stories with Mystery Island and Wonder Girl's origin (thanks to Fabian Nicieza making Scott Lobdell's story funny instead of melodramatic tripe), than a pretty crappy tie-in to Death of the Family, than we got to watch a horrible retread of the Trigon story that involved the rape of Wondergirl and Red Robin, than both Kid Flash and Superboy had stupidly constructed and convuluted stories that made them both mass murderers, than we had the Villain sue of Harvest show up for the last issue. Than Pfieffer came on and nothing much happened until Superboy got again made into a murderer and we had to put up with freakin' Harvest again.

Understand, I don't begrudge you your enjoyment of the New 52 Teen Titans. But as far as I'm concerned, the Pfeiffer-written volume 2's biggest problem was not torching the previous run and acting like it never happened. And I think the new Rebirth book will probably be best served by never treating the New 52 volumes as history, while Tim Drake hopefully gets rehabilitated in Detective Comics and eventually someone brings back Kon, Bart and Cassie, and ignores the wrecks Scott Lobdell made them.

Its going to be interesting to see how they handle the new book in terms of continuity due to Gar being on the team. But I agree, the past should be ignored. A fresh start is ideal.

I'd love to see Kon come back just because I think it would be interesting to see how he deals with the fact that theres actually a new superboy and superman. Wonder if Jon would be jealous or look up to his "older brother"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"