Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by GoldenAgeHero, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenAgeHero Registered

i know there has'nt been an announcement made about a teen titans OYL, but still the whole OYL thing is still gonna affect them. what are your thoughts on the new roster and how do you think johns is going to take the book in terms of the characters handling thier mentor's absense? one thing I've noticed is that cyborg is no where to be seen in the last 2-3 issues of the book, whats up with that?

2. Nightwing 52 Things change

Cyborg is with Donna Troys Cronus Team,and left Beast Boy incharge while he is away.

3. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Actually there has been an announcement

Ravenger (Deathstroke's sidekick) and Kid Devil (Blue Devil's sidekick) join the team

4. GoldenAgeHero Registered

i havent seem him around there either.:confused:

5. Nightwing 52 Things change

Have you been reading Infinite Crisis?

6. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I thought that was just a rumor.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Titans' OYL changes a lot. They've got the potential to have some of the most radical changes, given that they're mostly teenagers. One year for a teenager can change things for a teenager a hell of a lot more than it can for an adult. I think Johns'll do something interesting with the jump forward and we'll get to see a lot of changes, hopefully all for the better, among the Titans.

The one thing I'm extremely worried about is Superboy. I didn't think any of the silhouettes on the OYL cover looked like him, and there's all this stuff about him and Superboy Prime (who should probably be more powerful than Conner) fighting. I'm really hoping Superboy doesn't get killed off or merge with Superboy Prime or lose his powers in IC. He and Robin are my favorite Titans and, quite frankly, the book just wouldn't be as good to me without their friendship forming part of its basis.

7. GoldenAgeHero Registered

true. but whats gonna happen to robin is he even on the team anymore? i really can't stand the writing in his own series, they have him with some stupid ass militray group, which is really pointless.

8. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'm enjoying Robin's series a lot. What's the big deal about his being affiliated with a paramilitary group? They're offering him greater resources, a chance to hone his skills, and they're occasionally helping around Gotham and Bludhaven. Seems like a good deal to me.

As for whether Tim will be on the Titans... I'm not sure, you tell me. ;)
    [​IMG]

9. Nightwing 52 Things change

Also what Im looking forward to are the new suits that might be given to them.Robin's new suit looks great and it truely defines him to look and resemble a Robin.With all the things added to the suit that makes him a bit darker and what could be a possible lead to "Titans Tommorow."I cant wait to see how exactly he decides not to wear the current uniform anymore and makes the switch.

Wondergirl looks like she has a tiara.

10. GoldenAgeHero Registered

i really dont see how having greater resources are gonna help him. i can understand if he wants his own verison of oracle, but i wouldnt like him joining that group. he's better off with the titans. and why are thier only 4 members behind robin? wheres raven and mia?

11. GoldenAgeHero Registered

glad im not the only that noticed. maybe she becomes a princess or something, she allegeldy is the daughter of zeus. but whats gonna happen to dick,arsenal, starfire and donna troy?

12. Nightwing 52 Things change

Perhaps,like I said for Robin,its probably a step into her "Titans Tomorrow" counterpart.In that storyline she had what looks like to be the same tiara or slightly a modified one just so that theres no resemblence.Remember in "Titans Tomorrow" how there were statues of their mentors?Cassie ended up idolizing Zeus,so maybe you do have a point with her presumebly becoming a princess.Another thing I noticed,if you look close enough in the picture you can almost see what looks like to be wings on the side of her head that goes with the tiara.Its darker then the outline of her body.

I also hope Kid Flash gets a modification in his suit.

Dick is rumored to be the new commish of Gotham,while Jason Todd might take over Nightwing.This is just speculation though.Bruce Jones is avoiding questions of Dick still being under the mask in OYL.In the Nightwing cover to March its shown that hes in New York City with holding the knife that The Red Hood/Jason Todd utilizes as his weapon of choice.Its also filled with blood which makes people wonder what could have happend.

Arsenal will still be with the Outsiders if you look at the cover to OYL.Starfire might still be with the team or manuever back to the Titans.

As for Donna,Im not so sure.

13. Nightwing 52 Things change

14. Nightwing 52 Things change

15. GoldenAgeHero Registered

i got your point the first time.

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'm fairly sure he's not going to join the military team. He'd have to give up his secret identity, for one thing. Working with them isn't a problem for me, though. It's interesting to see where his relationship with them goes, actually. If the rumors of Tim killing someone before OYL are true, becoming acquainted with the military could well play a part in that, too.

17. storyteller Registered

god i hope superboy gets a new costume(theres something about a hero just wearing a shirt with an s on it that scream ******ed).

18. Anubis Sup?

Actually it was Aries.

19. Nightwing 52 Things change

Eddie Berganza has spoken more of Teen Titans OYL,and it sounds really awesome.

20. XwolverineX Registered

I think robin should keep his current suit, but change all the green to black. How friggin cool would that be? I think it would look sweet, black pants are they way to go. :up:

21. BrianWilly Disciple of Whedon

My first instinct to this was "Kid Flash," but the more I think about it it could easily be either him, Cassie, or Conner.

22. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

The green did change to black. Ed McGuiness's cover to Robin just looks funny. The new Robin suit is basically a practical version of the TNBA costume

23. GoldenAgeHero Registered

god i cant wait to see tim's new persona, he looks so badass the way mcdaniel draws him.

24. Hellstormer Side-Kick

I don't think COnner will die because he's on the cover of Batman/Superman #26 but then again Tim's not in his new costume. Anyone know if Cyborg's the Titan that had a past with the new Dooom Patrol?

25. Nightwing 52 Things change

No way,I like the new suit way more.It makes him look as if he matured alot in OYL and developed his own path of being his own hero.This suit makes him look darker and more true to his name of Robin,with the new cape and scallops.

Dont get me wrong,I love hus current suit.But this one adds new meaning to the whole concept of who Tim Drake will be come OYL.One of the things I cant wait for is how he chooses to wear it.Now thats going to be awesome.

When I read it I immediately thought Cassie only cause from what Ive seen from her on the cover of issue #34 where shes shadowed in the back of Robin,she looks like her new uniform will resemble her Titans Tomorrow counterpart.BUT Bart was a traitor to that team and was secretly working for Titans East and serving as a spy.Probably he'll have his own reason to join that team if it is in fact him.

Obviously.

Im looking forward to it aswell,but do you mean McDaniel who is currently drawing him?Or Daniel who will draw him in Teen Titans OYL?

Beast Boy served with the Doom Patrol way back,Im betting its him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.