Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie's killed before, so the Prometheus thing wasn't a big deal. Call it The Longbow Hunters part 2. :oldrazz:

She did, because he just took off with Hal without saying a word to her.
She left him because he killed Prometheus behind her back (and Hal's as well) and then fired a glue arrow at her.

It's true, most of Cry for Justice wasn't the worst thing ever written like most people make it out to be......until Roy's arm got cut off. Then it became the worst thing ever written :o

And the worst part is that I read Rise of Arsenal #1 which showed how Roy lost his arm. And then the next comic I read was the Siege tie-in to Thunderbolts where U.S.Agent lost his arm. I literally did a Cartman styled "The ****?"

Ollie's killed before, so the Prometheus thing wasn't a big deal. Call it The Longbow Hunters part 2. :oldrazz:

Also Ollie is a very flawed man compared to the beacons of "perfection" that Batman and Superman portray.

If it were someone like Batman or Superman who killed Prometheus in cold blood, I would be pissed. But Ollie, a flawed, often hypocritical man, who has killed before several times, I'm not going to be bothered by that.

Also Ollie is a very flawed man compared to the beacons of "perfection" that Batman and Superman portray.

If it were someone like Batman or Superman who killed Prometheus in cold blood, I would be pissed. But Ollie, a flawed, often hypocritical man, who has killed before several times, I'm not going to be bothered by that.
I guess so. Someone has to break the "one rule" anyway. So Ollie is currently running from the law and other superheroes, right?

I havent read it, but that story where he's hiding in the forest in Star City sounds interesting. Do you guys recommend it?

I guess so. Someone has to break the "one rule" anyway. So Ollie is currently running from the law and other superheroes, right?

I havent read it, but that story where he's hiding in the forest in Star City sounds interesting. Do you guys recommend it?

The superhero community isn't chasing Ollie anymore after Ollie gave up and surrendered. He was put on trial and found not guilty due to the jury agreeing that Prometheus deserved to die despite the fact that he was clearly guilty of murdering him in cold blood. The judge slightly overturned that sentence by finding him guilty but his punishment was banishing him from Star City. He's a free man as long as he isn't in Star City.

However, Ollie continues to live in Star City as a Robin Hood type of hero living in the forest that Deadman created with the White Lantern Ring. But law enforcement really wasn't all that concerned with him due to the fact that Star City was in chaos due to rising crime rates, homelessness, poverty, etc. created by Prometheus' destruction. Commissioner Nudocera, Ollie's biggest opponent in the Star City government, was assassinated. And now security is being taken care of by Queen Industries, his former company and Ollie has to deal with them now like when they attempted to hunt him down in the forest.

Overall, I've been liking the new direction for Green Arrow. Crappiness of Cry for Justice aside, it has created a rather interesting direction for Ollie.

It's refreshing to know that they at least had Ollie stand trial for it. At Marvel, it would've just been brushed under the rug or, if it were Wolverine, applauded. Heroes who don't kill are a very rare exception over there rather than the rule. It bugs me.

It's refreshing to know that they at least had Ollie stand trial for it. At Marvel, it would've just been brushed under the rug or, if it were Wolverine, applauded. Heroes who don't kill are a very rare exception over there rather than the rule. It bugs me.

And the reason why Ollie surrendered was because Mia became bloodthirsty as well and wanted to kill the Electrocutioner. He saw the error of his ways and that he was hurting Dinah, Mia, Connor, and Hal in the process. And it's why he tried to stop Roy from killing the Electrocutioner.

The superhero community isn't chasing Ollie anymore after Ollie gave up and surrendered. He was put on trial and found not guilty due to the jury agreeing that Prometheus deserved to die despite the fact that he was clearly guilty of murdering him in cold blood. The judge slightly overturned that sentence by finding him guilty but his punishment was banishing him from Star City. He's a free man as long as he isn't in Star City.

However, Ollie continues to live in Star City as a Robin Hood type of hero living in the forest that Deadman created with the White Lantern Ring. But law enforcement really wasn't all that concerned with him due to the fact that Star City was in chaos due to rising crime rates, homelessness, poverty, etc. created by Prometheus' destruction. Commissioner Nudocera, Ollie's biggest opponent in the Star City government, was assassinated. And now security is being taken care of by Queen Industries, his former company and Ollie has to deal with them now like when they attempted to hunt him down in the forest.

Overall, I've been liking the new direction for Green Arrow. Crappiness of Cry for Justice aside, it has created a rather interesting direction for Ollie.
So you can get off with murder if the victim deserves it? And even if you re found guilty the punishment is banishment? I can believe that a man can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes, but this ****'s crazy!

So you can get off with murder if the victim deserves it? And even if you re found guilty the punishment is banishment? I can believe that a man can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes, but this ****'s crazy!

The reason why he got off easy was because the trial was set in Star City which was still reeling from Prometheus' attack and the jury was filled with people affected by it. The jury knew that Ollie was guilty, even Ollie said he should have been found guilty. But because they were angry about what happened to their own home, they found themselves agreeing with what Ollie did. It's exactly like what happened in Batman & Robin #14 where the cops clearly heard that the Joker was being beaten by Damian and crying for help, but did nothing because of all the evil the Joker has done.

The judge slightly overruled it because a crime was clearly committed but understood why the jury ruled not guilty because of what happened to Star City. He saw Ollie as trouble and dangerous. So he gave Ollie 24 hours to leave Star City and if he ever stepped foot in the city again as either Oliver Queen or Green Arrow he would be incarcerated for as long as possible.

And the reason why Ollie surrendered was because Mia became bloodthirsty as well and wanted to kill the Electrocutioner. He saw the error of his ways and that he was hurting Dinah, Mia, Connor, and Hal in the process. And it's why he tried to stop Roy from killing the Electrocutioner.
Now let's see him give Connor the spanking he deserves for killing that dragon dude in his last mini-series. ;)

The reason why he got off easy was because the trial was set in Star City which was still reeling from Prometheus' attack and the jury was filled with people affected by it. The jury knew that Ollie was guilty, even Ollie said he should have been found guilty. But because they were angry about what happened to their own home, they found themselves agreeing with what Ollie did. It's exactly like what happened in Batman & Robin #14 where the cops clearly heard that the Joker was being beaten by Damian and crying for help, but did nothing because of all the evil the Joker has done.

The judge slightly overruled it because a crime was clearly committed but understood why the jury ruled not guilty because of what happened to Star City. He saw Ollie as trouble and dangerous. So he gave Ollie 24 hours to leave Star City and if he ever stepped foot in the city again as either Oliver Queen or Green Arrow he would be incarcerated for as long as possible.
In B&R it was just cops turning a blind eye at a beating because nobody would know about it or care. It wasnt in a courtroom.

So, shouldnt the judge overrule the jury and throw him in jail instead of loading a murderer to some other city?

Such things have actually happened. Couldn't tell you how many battered wives got off for killing their husbands. Often times when a self defense argument couldn't possibly be used.

Such things have actually happened. Couldn't tell you how many battered wives got off for killing their husbands. Often times when a self defense argument couldn't possibly be used.
There has to be a reason, like self defense, temporary insanity, or whatever. When you plan, seek and murder the guy, its murder 1.

Yet, when it comes down to a jury, they can, and have let people go knowing that they did the crime.

In B&R it was just cops turning a blind eye at a beating because nobody would know about it or care. It wasnt in a courtroom.

So, shouldnt the judge overrule the jury and throw him in jail instead of loading a murderer to some other city?

The judge partially overruled the jury because Ollie clearly was guilty. But he understood why Ollie did it and why the jury found him not guilty so he let him get off light.

Pfft Prometheus is a supervillain he will be back from the dead in a year and a half :awesome:

Last edited:
I always wondered how that would affect law in the comic universes. If someone's on death row for murdering a superhero, and then that superhero comes back and is perfectly fine, what does that mean for the guy on death row? :huh:

I always wondered how that would affect law in the comic universes. If someone's on death row for murdering a superhero, and then that superhero comes back and is perfectly fine, what does that mean for the guy on death row? :huh:

If DC do a new Manhunter comic book that would be a neat story

He still took a life, regardless if some cosmic crisis cancelled that.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/09/23/hed-jt-krul-talks-with-the-teen-titans/

Hey everyone, J.T. Krul here. I wanted to come by and say a few words about the premiere of my Teen Titans run starting in October. Now, I was going to talk about what a great honor it is to have the chance to work with such characters. For me, the Teen Titans are one of the top-tier teams in all of comics. I had plenty to say about what working with Nicola Scott is like - maybe even talk Alex Segura into teasing some new art…Alex?

A.jpg

Okay, did you see that? Yes? No? Well, trust me - Nicola was meant to draw this book and she’s turning in the best work of her career. But to really get you pumped, you don’t want to talk to me. You want to hear from the people who really make the book what it is. So how about a word from one of the Titans themselves.

Take it away, Beast Boy:

Beast Boy: Thanks, T.J.

JT: That’s JT.

Beast Boy: Whatever.

JT: You’re not still mad at me for all that Black Lantern Terra stuff, are you?

Beast Boy: Not at all. I loved getting my heart almost ripped out - again. Is my sarcasm coming through in print?

JT: But you didn’t die. You’re still on the Titans.

Beast Boy: Oh, thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

JT: You’re welcome, Gar.

Beast Boy: Serious? You’re not getting the sarcasm at all, huh?

JT: Not really. You’re too nice for sarcasm.

Beast Boy: I see. I’m the pushover, huh? Mr. Comic Relief? Look at me everyone - I’m the goofball.

JT: I didn’t say that.

Beast Boy: Because I have more to offer than laughs.

JT: Gar, we can talk about this later. I brought you here to talk about the new run on Teen Titans.

Beast Boy: Don’t worry about me. Unlike some people, I’m a professional.

Beast Boy: Hey everyone! Since I’m the Titan with the most experience in front of the camera, we thought I should represent the team. Just a quick note: Space Trek 2022 is coming out on Blu-Ray next year, so look for it.

Beast Boy: Anyway, I’ve been with the Titans longer than anyone on the new roster, and I’ve never seen a more powerful and dynamic group in my life. I mean - Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Superboy, Raven, Ravager. It’s going to be a great time to be a Titans fan - we got brand new villains, a brand new Titan, and big plans all leading up to Issue #100 and beyond.

Beast Boy: So - get ready, because it’s going to be -

Damian: Logan, what are you doing?

Beast Boy: Not now, I’m talking.

Damian: Yes, I noticed you didn’t mention me on the roster.

Beast Boy: Sorry. Must have been an oversight.

Damian: You making fun of my height? Because I could slice a couple of inches off your top if you’d like.

JT: Put the sword down, Damian.

Damian: You’re not the boss of me, Krul.

Beast Boy: I told you bringing him around was a bad idea.

JT: All great Titan teams had a Robin.

Damian: Maybe I should just form my own Titans team.

JT: Sorry everybody. This seemed like a good idea at the time.

Damian: Wonder what Jason Todd is up to.

JT: Oh, boy. I don’t like where this is headed.

SFX: BZZZ.

Damian: What’s that? Alarm to tell you it’s Logan’s feeding time?

Beast Boy: Stuff it, Damian.

JT: No. I’m getting a text.

Beast Boy: From who?

JT: Green Arrow.

Damian: What’s he want?

JT: It says: “when you’re done babysitting the kiddies, we’ve still got to deal with Black Arrow.”

JT: I should go.

I have high hopes for J.T. Krul's run on Teen Titans :woot:

i think i'm the only one that hasn't dropped this yet, waiting for it to pick up again and i think i'm gonna drop it before JT Krul lol

Damian: Maybe I should just form my own Titans team.

JT: Sorry everybody. This seemed like a good idea at the time.

Damian: Wonder what Jason Todd is up to.
Damian would never side with Jason as seen in B&R. Krull should get his facts straight.

i think i'm the only one that hasn't dropped this yet, waiting for it to pick up again and i think i'm gonna drop it before JT Krul lol
I'm dropping the book after Superboy's comic comes out. The only reason why I picked up the book was for Superboy but not the he is getting his own series and Wonder Girl is suppose to be a regular in it I have no need for Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"