Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) or Mortal Kombat (1995)?

If you're gettin' the turtles, you gotta go for the VHS version for that classic commercial alone. It completes the experience.

Agreed. And exactly why I had went thru the trouble of converting that commercial from the VHS to DVD. Then, and only then did I feel like I got the COMPLETE viewing experience. ;)

Youtube link for that commercial?

I've been looking, but no luck so far:cmad: :csad:

Here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2DJnvyFsI

Unfortunately, I'm not good at embeding. :(

:heart:

Ah, doesn't do nothing for more. I'm not from the US so we didn't have that on our TMNT VHS. But I understand your nostalgia for that one. :cwink:

Ah, but we in the UK got a different cut of the movie on VHS....:D

I actually watched TMNT 1990 a few days ago and it's a great film made on a tight budget (From an independent studio unlike most comic book adaptations that are made)

It has good humour but it's quite dark for a kids film and soundtrack is good too.
Does anyone else think the Elias Koteas (Kasey) looks and sounds like Robert De Niro in this movie? haha

I've just found this on YouTube, a funny vid of all the mistakes in the film. I can honestly say i didn't notice any of them. I was too hooked on the story to notice or care i guess :yay:

[YT]JFLK0uXzerY[/YT]

You know, it never occured to me that the first Turtles movie was considered an independent movie; but I guess it's not too farfetched being that it was an independent comic book.

Off in the distance, the game's dragging on. There's strikes on the batter, some runners' gone home. But suddenly everyone's looking at me. My mind gets to wondering what could it be? They point to the sky and I look up above, and a baseball falls into my glove! I play right field, it's important you know. You gotta learn how to catch. You gotta learn how to throw. That's why I play right-field, way up where the dandelions grow!
MAKIN' IT GREAT!

Anyone remember that Burger King commercial on the TMNTII VHS? "One kid's meal--....Please??" "Can you make that two?" :p :D OMG, memories!

-TNC

TMNT definitely, although i was definitely more excited for Mortal Kombat when it came out. hmm but probably because i was 3 when the first TMNT came out.

o and the arcade game for TMNT was the $^&# back then, if i could id buy it myself and have one for my house in the future

I just re-watched Turtles on ABC Family. I've seen this movie about a bajillion times as a kid, but I haven't sat down and watched it now as an adult.

And man........it's actually a good film. :eek:

Actual direction, an actual story. Humor that isn't over-the-top cheesy. I mean, they just don't make kids movies like that anymore.

Turtles all the way. Mortal Kombat was ruined by reducing the rivaliary of Sub-Zero and Scorpion to unwilling/unknowning allies.

I just re-watched Turtles on ABC Family. I've seen this movie about a bajillion times as a kid, but I haven't sat down and watched it now as an adult.

And man........it's actually a good film. :eek:

Actual direction, an actual story. Humor that isn't over-the-top cheesy. I mean, they just don't make kids movies like that anymore.

Yup. :up:

i think ive seen MK more than i have TMNT....
so i guess MK

I don't remember a bit of the first TMNT.
I saw it once in my life and I was like...3-4 years old.
so MK.

I hate Mortal Kombat so Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is definitely way better.

I don't remember a bit of the first TMNT.
I saw it once in my life and I was like...3-4 years old.

Go rent it. It's awesome.

emo-Turtle.gif

TMNT all the way. The movie still holds up really well to this day. I just wish they'd put out a DVD that doesn't suck.

I only seen parts of mortal kombat. i recommec checking out the first two ninja turtle movie. I also recommced the new tmnt. it not as good as the firsst live action. it was lot better then the thrid moive.

Oh come on! One or the other?! They are, like, what? $3.99 in the Old Movies Bin?!

Get both, dammit!

TEST YOUR MIGHT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"