Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - Part 2

That's what he'd do in the books. His other incarnations anyway.

I just want IDW's TMNT #50 on screen someday, whether small or big. That solidified their Shredder as THE Shredder.

If they ever do a reboot, they should hire these guys.

https://www.facebook.com/Fullsuitbuild/

Jf0ivpx.jpg

21F8Opn.jpg

ATO5mxp.jpg

vcAxvWN.jpg

6IBZvf8.jpg

UrZRYJ7.jpg

u580U7L.jpg

hs7FISS.jpg

Interpreting the turtles as a massively muscular quarter of near invulnerable Hulks was an big problem for the Bay films. Hopefully they will be back to scrappy underdogs for the inevitable reboot.

Interpreting the turtles as a massively muscular quarter of near invulnerable Hulks was an big problem for the Bay films. Hopefully they will be back to scrappy underdogs for the inevitable reboot.

Not in the first one with Saki being in a giant Iron Man esque robotic samurai suit of armor with ridiculous level of blades.

As a turtle fan I actually took it as a welcome change. Making them so super powered physically amplified their abilities. Why is 5 feet tall the cap on their mutation?

TMNT 2014 is so much better than Out of the Shadows. And underrated in general. People hate too much.

I watched Out of the Shadows again today. It's not bad, but it just seems like a checklist of what fans want to see - villains from the cartoon, Casey Jones, Turtle wagon - combined with an Avengers-level threat and overwhelming CGI spectacle. It's also goes out of it's way to show as little actual martial arts as possible. The 2014 movie was simplistic, but really worked as a burst of energetic fun. Out of the Shadows has more parts but adds up to less.

Well, I appreciate your coming out of retirement for this commentary. We all concur.

If they ever do a reboot, they should hire these guys.

6IBZvf8.jpg

This is pretty good and there are definitely some crews in Hollywood that could pull off the practical look for the Turtles, if they are ever rebooted they should definitely go back to the practical designs. They never needed to be full CGI characters, the majority of the characters in the TMNT universe can be done practically and look great. I still think all the original Turtle live action movies look better than the Bay movies and they were done back in the 90's. Maybe one day...

Something I always wondered about TMNT. Was part of the mutation losing fingers? Because real turtles have five fingers, just like people do.

Snapping%20Turtle%20Scott%20Plantier%20STP4793.jpg

I saw This tonight for the first time. Really didn't like it. Not enough ninja stuff....too much noise and flash. I prefer my TMNTs to be average to shorter than average human size....not the super large specimens they gave us.

I really enjoyed OOTS, was an improvement over the first for me and it's a damn shame it flopped.

Anyone up for a little ranking?

6. Ninja Turtles III - actually not bad, but lightweight and forgettable. The lack of Jim Henson costumes is a problem, the replacements are a lot less convincing.

5. Secret of the Ooze - not much of a plot, dumbed down and sanitised for kids. A big step down from the original - but amusing enough.

4. TMNT - Solid story and characterisation, good voice actors, some lovely visuals. The design of the Turtles is not great though.

3. Out of the Shadows - Having re-watched this this, it's more entertaining than I thought. The relationship between the Turtles and their dilemma with potentially becoming human is effective even if the science behind it is silly. Plus some great set-pieces - though sadly a lack of proper martial arts.

2. Ninja Turtles 2014 - a sugar rush of a movie. Looks fantastic, great action, humour, gets the characters right. Really entertaining. The hulking Raphael is an issue though - he comes across as a bully, and there's really no need for him to learn ninjitsu as he's like the Incredible Hulk. It's almost as if the computers processed the CGI wrong for him, he came out too big and they had to go with it. Part of the Turtles' appeal is that they are small and scrappy underdogs.

1. Ninja Turtles 1990 - absolutely classic. I love the murky, shadowy, urban feel of the movie, it makes the story and the Turtles feel genuine and as believable as possible. A sewer looks like a sewer, when Raph gets beaten up it hurts, and so on. Proper characters, a story about family, actual martial arts, April and Casey are great.....almost faultless.

However, I'm still waiting to see the Turtles like this on the big screen....

Mirage_vol_1_4-2.jpg

Last edited:
1) TMNT 1990
2) TMNT 2014

The rest don't even matter, apart from aspects of SOTO that are iconic. And yes the Vanilla Ice stuff is nostalgic and memorable.

my all time favorite movie is the 1990 teeange mutant ninja turtlers movie!! i still enjoy the ninja turtlers secret of the ozz!! i really don't care for ninja turtlers 3 much expect for the time travel stuff thats in it!! i did enjoy tmnt computer Anmited movie!! i just think it wasn't the same with out shredder!! then i did enjoy 2014 nickelodeon's reboot of ninja turtles but i agree that out of shadows was better then the first movie!! i hope if they reboot teeange mutant ninja turtlers go with suits kind of like the 1990's teeange mutant ninja turtlers movies was!! i wouldn't mind little cgi but have the people wearing turtle costumes!!

My thoughts on a re-watch. I loved it!

TMNT2 was great. It has almost literally everything I want from a big budget blockbuster movie, lol.

A skybeams 3rd act, inter-dimensional portal, lots of cool mcguffins, loudmouth villains with bad jokes and one liners and heroes with catchphrases. I love it so much.

I really loved the villains in this one. The guy who played Shredder was stiff but Krang was so much fun. He is a chewed up bubble gum, lol. Really wish we saw more of him in the movie. Bebop & Rocksteady too were cool addition to this movie. Their jokes were bad, they were annoying and they looked horrible so thumbs up from me!

I hate this movie. It's the worst and most annoying in the entire franchise.

Had to get this out of my system.

Lol, understandable and I'll certainly give you annoying!

It just checked everything I would want in a very, very stupid blockbuster movie. It crossed off pretty much everything in that bucket list of mine.

I hate this movie. It's the worst and most annoying in the entire franchise.

Had to get this out of my system.
I think it's the most disgusting, yet easier to watch than the 1993 movie.

I liked it, what can I say. First live action Bepop, Rocksteady and Krang, just loved seeing it all play out. Less focus on Raph also who I am not a huge fan of.

When they had the blood transfusions in the sequel I was hoping it would mess with their mutations and they would over a 24 hour period change shape and size and shrink and look more like what we come to know... I hated the fact they were bigger than humans and supposdly living town drains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"