Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

I would basically follow the 2012 template.
I think you really need to throw a curve ball into the mix when rebooting this property. It needs to feel completely fresh and unlike anything we have seen before. It needs to stand out and make anyone that sees the first trailer think oh **** this is a movie I want to see regardless if it's Ninja Turtles or john wick
How though? Plus it's a reboot. That's the problem with all this nostalgia garbage. If it's too similar, people get angry. If it's too different, people get angry.
I just caught the latest ep of the latest cartoon. Holy Shell, TMNT will never not be at its best when it's actually trying new things.
The 2012 cartoon was the tepid, pandering "Stranger Things" of turtledom.
Don't make that "Out of the Shadows" mistake. The movie reboot has to swing for the fences.

I just caught the latest ep of the latest cartoon. Holy Shell, TMNT will never not be at its best when it's actually trying new things.
The 2012 cartoon was the tepid, pandering "Stranger Things" of turtledom.
Don't make that "Out of the Shadows" mistake. The movie reboot has to swing for the fences.
This is the latest cartoon:

2012 is infinitely better and predates Stranger Things.

This is the latest cartoon:

2012 is infinitely better and predates Stranger Things.

Correct. Love almost everything about it.
Like Stranger Things, I don't care for an older generation's nostalgia.
The 2012 series got dull with each & every homage.

Basically no more making it mostly from April's POV. Maybe have it start off from Splinter's viewpoint back before he got mutated, then slowly turn it into a coming of age for all of them, then maybe they meet April towards the end of the film and then set it up for future stuff. As cliche as it is, it really should have kind of a John Hughes vibe except they're learning to become fighters.

Depending on which origin you go with, Splinter was either a man or he was a rat who was mutated just like the turtles. If they go with the man-to-rat route it might work but that is a gamble in itself.

I do agree on not having April be the primary POV though. She should be there but she shouldn't be the audience's viewpoint of the turtles. Just have her be another insight.

Follow I.T, as an example, troubled, unique teenagers to over come their individual demons by working together. That can be the core, then throw into the mix realistic humour, great sound track, decent props and costumes, a grungy retro vibe due to them using junk and old stuff. PLus, it's happening underneath new york, at night.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/07...ans-paramount/

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Co-Creator Kevin Eastman Says Paramount Has Plans for a New Movie

By Charlie Ridgely - July 25, 2019 09:12 am EDT

It didn't take long for the recent reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films to run out of steam. After a fairly successful debut in 2014, the Michael Bay-produced franchise trailed off significantly in its second outing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. It was clear after the critical lashing and lack of box office success that this series was already over, but that doesn't mean that the Turtles are finished on the big screen. In fact, it seems as though there are already conversations being had about how to move the story in a new direction.

Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman spoke with ComicBook.com recently about the future of the entire TMNT property, and he teased that there is something special potentially in the works regarding the big screen adaptations.

"Stay tuned," Eastman teased. "It is a work in progress cause, you know, the experiences and so the fans reactions plus and minus to the 2014, 2016 movie, uh, Paramount I believe had taken those to heart and where they'd like to see the next reiteration go to so I think its going to be a next level type of stuff which I'm excited to see."

This could mean multiple things. Eastman could be talking about a continuation of the 2014 and 2016 TMNT films, just with a different creative direction. More likely, the Turtles will be getting a brand new start the next time they venture into theaters.

When the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were initially rebooted in 2014, their first film opened to $65 million domestically in its first weekend, on the way to a $191 million haul in North America and $493 million worldwide. With a budget of $125 million that's not a horrible performance. However, the sequel suffered tremendously. Even with a bigger budget, 2016's Out of the Shadows managed just $245 million globally, right around half the total of its predecessor.

Changes clearly needed to be made if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wanted to find on the big screen in the future, and it looks as though Eastman and Paramount are

Whilst I'm all for a new batch of rebooted films, I do wonder whether they could take the small screen route? Something along the lines of Star Trek Discovery and/or Stranger Things in that they'd produce 10-12 episodes and go from there.

There was a time when the small screen wasn't as explosive as the cinematic experience. Those days are long behind us now, and I think a TMNT series could work wonders, save trying to establish something cinematic.

Whilst I'm all for a new batch of rebooted films, I do wonder whether they could take the small screen route? Something along the lines of Star Trek Discovery and/or Stranger Things in that they'd produce 10-12 episodes and go from there.

There was a time when the small screen wasn't as explosive as the cinematic experience. Those days are long behind us now, and I think a TMNT series could work wonders, save trying to establish something cinematic.
I wouldn't mind that.

Or another animated film I wouldn't mind either. Like I wouldn't mind a good live action film, but I just think TMNT lends itself more to animation. I wouldn't mind a big screen anime film or something in the mold of Into the Spider-Verse

I think a mini series in the vein of the IDW comics, which blended all the best elements of the prior versions, is the best way to adapt them at this point. I would also prefer the Jim Henson route of the original films, but I know there is probably zero chance of that.

Yeah after the CG that would feel like a step back. Now if they could give us an episodic story on Netflix with movie quality CG for the characters I'd gladly watch it.

The show was on until 2017 and received 124 episodes. It was a good show. I think it had its own identity.

The 2012 show was my favorite version of the Turtles. The Rise of looks...bad. The last 2 Turtles films, equally so. In all fairness, I liked the turtles themselves in the reboot. Not the LOOK, but the attitudes and character they had behind them. But there was so much wrong with those films that it's just easier to list what was right about them.
The 2012 show had so much awesomeness. Splinter actually being awesome and not "staying in the lair" like he does in most iterations of the Turtles, the Krang being totally different, but cool. Shredder being a terrifying threat instead of Krang's henchman...there was just so much going on. Now, I love the original show, but the 2012 show was better. It hurts to say that, but having watched them both, the classic is classic, but beyond dated. the newer one has a little more edge to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"